Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

help me i dont think i fully understand group finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
help me i dont think i fully understand group finder

MatthewBarn
12.24.2012 , 08:01 AM | #1
hi guys it may be me being stupid but im lvl 50 sage have been for a while and ibe just come back on the group finder think i like but isent there more opperations than the 2 i can see for example terror from beond ect can anyone exsplain cheers

Ephesia
12.24.2012 , 08:33 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MatthewBarn View Post
hi guys it may be me being stupid but im lvl 50 sage have been for a while and ibe just come back on the group finder think i like but isent there more opperations than the 2 i can see for example terror from beond ect can anyone exsplain cheers
Yes there are more than 2 operations, having different arrays of difficulty therefore having different experiences and loot, however only 2 of these operations on the particular difficulty mode of Story is available through Group Finder queueing. For the other Operations they are Explosive Conflict and Terror From Beyond, the former has 3 different difficulty settings, the latter has 2, those added with the Hard Mode + Nightmare Mode difficulty settings of the two operations already accessible through group finder make the remainder of available operations. Mind you that to enter the other operations you will have to seek custom-made groups and that Hard Mode and Nightmare mode share lockdowns which last the entire week until Tuesday afternoons.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Kitru
12.24.2012 , 08:38 AM | #3
The only operations that you can do through the group finder are Karagga's Palace and the Eternity Vault, both of them on story mode. This is because you can pretty much do those operations even if you've got no clue what you're doing and are running around in leveling gear as a fresh 50. Every other operation has higher gear requirements and requires more knowledge of mechanics and the ability to follow strategies and communicate them effectively. Because the developers have no current method to ensure that you at least have the *gear* requirements to complete the other operations, they simply don't have them show up there to prevent new players from thinking they can do anything and everything the groupfinder has to offer right away. When the developers finish developing and implementing whatever system they plan on using to ensure a minimum gear level, the other Ops will be added to the GF.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.