Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ancient Hypergates Opinion - Elite Warlord

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ancient Hypergates Opinion - Elite Warlord

Ravenschild
12.22.2012 , 03:46 AM | #61
To toss my two cents in I would agree the orb count needs to be higher or the orbs need to spawn faster. I would also put out there since you need to guard your pylon from stealthers and rushers, they need to put in a defender bonus for guarding it. Otherwise the guard gets little and there is no incentive to guard it. Ive seen a lot of people abandon the pylon to get medals/kills. With you having to leave the pylon because of discharge its going to slow down defender point gain anyways (which still plays into the whole team death match aspect),but this gives people a reason to guard it. I have seen this happen on both sides in pug's. Its a suggestion at least and it would add a bit more incentive to have a strategy that includes people guarding the pylon while stopping the complaints at having to guard.

PoliteAssasin
12.22.2012 , 04:44 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by JediFlux View Post
The warzone works ok in ranked because teams tend to be made up of a good composition so there is not a huge kill disparity. The issue that we keep bringing up is the issue of normals. Normal queue is where this warzone with the kill system with points just makes very little sense.
This. Basically if you don't have heals, or your team doesn't do a good job of focusing the heals, its over. This is especially true on our server as imperials never really queue without heals, and we have multiple healer/smashbomber premades to contend with.

I know recently we've tried controlling both turrets, or preventing a cap of the enemies turrets, but if that goes bad, and sometimes it does, it looks like not only do they get the points for capping, but all the kills up until then because their score always passes ours significantly. You could delay, but in the end its still the kills that matter. Orbs need to be fixed to where they provide a significantly higher boost to your score than kills do. Kills should be secondary, not primary. This map favors certain compositions, which isn't necessarily fair given that you are paired with random players unless you premade with certain roles only for the sole purpose of beating this map. (3+ heals doesn't do you well in other warzones as our imperial counterparts no doubt figured out. )
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

JediFlux
12.22.2012 , 11:45 AM | #63
I would also add that I have been in matches where the kill disparity is so bad that you can double cap them in the first or second round and they still win.
Elite Warlord Flux - Ascension

Riggz
12.22.2012 , 12:26 PM | #64
Personally on impside if I see two other healers I do my best to respec to dps in time. Trust me, 3 heals on your team is no more fun for us then you guys, it's really annoying

Also I feel like bioware will amp up the orbs in the map. If not then they should be removed since they serve no point anway
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
<BLACK SUN RISING>
<INFAMOUS>

Glower
12.22.2012 , 02:00 PM | #65
Pls, tell me - capture speed and time after capture not awarded by points?

imps pylon captured
6 reps died around our pylon
40-60sec
reps pylon captured without orbs

and we have less points
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

xxdragonragexx
12.22.2012 , 06:18 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
Pls, tell me - capture speed and time after capture not awarded by points?

imps pylon captured
6 reps died around our pylon
40-60sec
reps pylon captured without orbs

and we have less points
You don't make any sense? Which side are you on?
You only get points if you have a pylon. You only get to keep those points when the pylons explode.
So if you enemy captures your pylon then all the points that you have accumulated for that round while the pylon is yours, disappears.

ArchangelLBC
12.22.2012 , 06:26 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by JediFlux View Post
I would also add that I have been in matches where the kill disparity is so bad that you can double cap them in the first or second round and they still win.
If the kill disparity was that bad how did you two cap them?
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

AngusFTW
12.22.2012 , 06:27 PM | #68
This wz is all about kiling the red. I've had hypergates when my team gets 2 capped at the end of a round but because we killed the opposing team so much we got away with it as long as we kept a pylon the next round (ie we'd stil be ahead as long as we kept a pylon)
Does this bother me.. well.. no other then the 0 objective points at the end ofc that i receive for killing all those idiots that are distracted with orbs on the other team instead of RED.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

PoliteAssasin
12.22.2012 , 11:23 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
If the kill disparity was that bad how did you two cap them?
Just because you have more kills than someone doesn't mean you will never die. I'm sure they died, just not as often as the team without the heals.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

JediFlux
12.23.2012 , 05:40 PM | #70
Case and Point to what Angus said.
Elite Warlord Flux - Ascension