Has pvp been abandonned completely after the new warzone was launched ?

tekhiun

I am beginning to think that pvp is now at the bottom of the priorities for bioware. There has already been several threads about a player in POT5 using a speed hack, even a video was posted, where he claims to be writing his own hacks and has been using it for quite a while now without any consequence. Yet there is no manifestation of devs about that, not one single post about it. There is also no word about the much needed class rebalacing and how their "metrics" is looking. This complete lack of communication leads me to believe that bioware does not care about the pvp community at all and that the current balance will remain intact until the new expansion comes out. Any thoughts or news that could show my suspicion wrong ? Please provide links do not just post rumors.

I am beginning to think that pvp is now at the bottom of the priorities for bioware. There has already been several threads about a player in POT5 using a speed hack, even a video was posted, where he claims to be writing his own hacks and has been using it for quite a while now without any consequence. Yet there is no manifestation of devs about that, not one single post about it. There is also no word about the much needed class rebalacing and how their "metrics" is looking. This complete lack of communication leads me to believe that bioware does not care about the pvp community at all and that the current balance will remain intact until the new expansion comes out. Any thoughts or news that could show my suspicion wrong ? Please provide links do not just post rumors.

think there was a post that most of the devs are on holiday vacation, a lot of the forum moderators might be too.

There wasn't any class balancing in 1.6 because they're planning to put it in the New Year expansion.

Odd to argue that PvP has been abandoned a couple of weeks after a new warzone was put out.

It remains to be seen what that class balancing involves. They *have* said they're going to look at bubblestun in it.

This guy hacking on Pot5 needs banning, time it's taking is bad.

Don't expect much from pvp. They are not going to put in any content for the next 6-8 months. Novare coast came out april. It was 8 months ago. It took them 8 months to create content for pvpers.

What you are going to see are some minor buff/nerf on abilities to spice up pvp. These can be done or programmed in a day or two at most. You can also expect some new tier armor for gear grinding to keep people busy. However, they are going to come up with better looking armor in the Cartel Market because it makes money in there. Any major changes to pvp are not practical at this point due to lack of resource and monetary problems.

Edited by xxdragonragexx

Don't expect much from pvp. They are not going to put in any content for the next 6-8 months. Novare coast came out april. It was 8 months ago. It took them 8 months to create content for pvpers.

What you are going to see are some minor buff/nerf on abilities to spice up pvp. These can be done or programmed in a day or two at most. You can also expect some new tier armor for gear grinding to keep people busy. However, they are going to come up with better looking armor in the Cartel Market because it makes money in there. Any major changes to pvp are not practical at this point due to lack of resource and monetary problems.

I think we'll still get a new zone with the expansion, or around it somehow.

Plus you forgot the Ilum revamp is coming by February sometime. That is certainly PvP content.

Edited by arunav

You just noticed they abandoned PvP? I thought that was pretty much certain after 1.3 when F2P was a fact internally at Bioware Austin. A playable version of the ancient hypergate warzone was showed off at an event 6 months ago. Chances are that they were working on it already in February. The live version of the hypergate warzone is probably the same since then because they couldn't even catch a such obvious bug as defender medals not being granted. The proof is all over that a lot of content has been finished for a long time just delayed for until after F2P hit live.

As for cheaters they've been around a long time. We just had an effective forum moderation team that made sure any hints of cheaters were deleted.

This exactly. The game is free anyways.

Could be they are I dunno spending time with their families over the christmas vacation.

They will ban Gingers some day but till then its still funny. Second then they said on live stream that they are giving their guys vaction this year since last year game came out this time. (confused since its a whole new dev team) They said 1.7 will have class balances and will be a little bit later than 1.5 to 1.6 was. Will be 8 to 10 week time line from 1.6 to 1.7. So Feb 5 or Feb 12 will be around the time 1.7 should hit give or take.

How many months have they had so far then ? I am not talking about this week ofc =)

How long has the warzone been out ? Two weeks ? They weren't going to do any balances between the time it launched and Christmas. I was going soely on the title of the thread !

Has pvp been abandonned completely after the new warzone was launched ?

No they worked one week and then took Vacation. Seems perfectly legit to me. Working for a company that does not get a vacation during the holidays, I kinda envy them. I would not wish it upon anyone to have to work during Christmas like I do. Its just a video game. Sorry its not that important.