Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Place Your Bets!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Place Your Bets!

Warren-Stride
12.23.2012 , 08:21 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
*looks shocked*

Oops! I was wrong, class. The troll has yet to be annihilated.
If he is indeed a "troll" (I hate that word and it's very rude to use in the internet community, just so you know), then you, MasterMe, are feeding the trool, which is just as bad.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Beniboybling
12.23.2012 , 08:50 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
If he is indeed a "troll" (I hate that word and it's very rude to use in the internet community, just so you know), then you, MasterMe, are feeding the trool, which is just as bad.
Lol, nice analogy. But I'm sure MasterMe is just trying to placate him as much as I am.

But seriously, lets just put this behind us and get on with the tournament - I don't want to put a downer on the proceedings and we needn't have this argument.

I just hope everyone believe me when I say I am not biased in my decision making. The whole idea of the points system is to help me remain impartial.

MasterMe
12.23.2012 , 09:08 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Perhaps you're right. I just couldn't resist a few smart comments. I guess I was a little to zealous in my defense of K-God.

I apologize, SoonerJBD (if I got your name right). I was just a little perturbed at your accusation on Beni.

EDIT: I should not have called you a troll.

SoonerJBD
12.23.2012 , 10:43 AM | #104
Sure everybody is biased to an extent. We're never gonna be able to get away from that. I also believe that there was a little bit of biased-judging going on in the Traya vs Revan Kaggath, perhaps the Vitiate vs Sidious one too. But both sides to both of those arguments were full of debaters who made excellent points. Those battles could have gone either way. Like you said: everybody is biased. This does not exclude Beni. Take a look at youself. Put youself in Beni's shoes. Who do you think would have won? Obviously you would have thought Sidious. Then guess what? You would have been picking him from the start and would have "made up your mind" before the Kaggath had started. You would have also been a biased judge. So would I.

But I don't know why it is so hard for you to believe that we (people arguing for Vitaite) made a convincing argument. Accept it that these battles could go different ways and that not everybody is gonna see everything the same.
The difference is I acknowledge that I had an opinion from the start. Beni wants to pretend he is unbiased.

Why is it hard for me to believe you made a convincing argument? Uhm, because I read your arguments, and they were the opposite of convincing.

SoonerJBD
12.23.2012 , 10:47 AM | #105
*looks shocked*

Oops! I was wrong, class. The troll has yet to be annihilated.

Seriously: you called his Kaggath series a joke. What were you trying to accomplish if not annoy him? I guarentee you that calling anyone a joke is not gonna make them change their ways or turn them into a better judge. Insults through text do nothing but annoy people. You reticule isn't gonna make him decide that Sidious won, it isn't gonna make him see the error in his ways or anything like that. So, in the end, you're just 'riling' him up.
Beni made the Kaggath series into a joke with the decision. What am I trying to accomplish by pointing this out? Truth. I followed that thread for days and when the outcome was clearly fixed from the start, I think that should be acknowledged. I don't expect him to change his mind. I'm not sure that has ever happened on the Internet. And that's actually my whole point. Nothing I say can change his mind. Nothing anyone said in that thread could have changed his mind. Let's all just accept that and move on to our next argument about Revan.

SoonerJBD
12.23.2012 , 10:55 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol, nice analogy. But I'm sure MasterMe is just trying to placate him as much as I am.

But seriously, lets just put this behind us and get on with the tournament - I don't want to put a downer on the proceedings and we needn't have this argument.

I just hope everyone believe me when I say I am not biased in my decision making. The whole idea of the points system is to help me remain impartial.
I have no problem believing you go through the comments and assign point values in an effort to justify your own opinion. But that doesn't make you unbiased even in the slightest. You are giving points to your own arguments. There is a reason the referees don't participate in the game, Beni. I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt when the outcome is relatively close. But that simply wasn't the case here.

MasterMe
12.23.2012 , 01:53 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
The difference is I acknowledge that I had an opinion from the start. Beni wants to pretend he is unbiased.

Why is it hard for me to believe you made a convincing argument? Uhm, because I read your arguments, and they were the opposite of convincing.
Geez. I just apologized to you and I get this? Really?

I understand if you weren't convinced by me, but you imply that my debating was pathetic or something like that. Answer this: what would the 'opposite of convincing' mean? Are you saying that my points in that debate countered what I was actually trying to say? Or are you just saying that points were pathetic? Neither is true.

MasterMe
12.23.2012 , 01:58 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
I have no problem believing you go through the comments and assign point values in an effort to justify your own opinion. But that doesn't make you unbiased even in the slightest. You are giving points to your own arguments. There is a reason the referees don't participate in the game, Beni. I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt when the outcome is relatively close. But that simply wasn't the case here.
Several of us disagree with you about the outcome. Just saying.

konstadinosblue
12.23.2012 , 02:08 PM | #109
Look guys there's been an arguement,these things happen everyday,but for the sake of this very intresting thread we
should leave it behind and move on....
Ahsoka: "Well, you want the bad news, or the really bad news?"
Obi-Wan: "Well, let's try the bad news laced with a little optimism."
―Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi, attempting to flee from Mortis

SoonerJBD
12.23.2012 , 02:09 PM | #110
Geez. I just apologized to you and I get this? Really?

I understand if you weren't convinced by me, but you imply that my debating was pathetic or something like that. Answer this: what would the 'opposite of convincing' mean? Are you saying that my points in that debate countered what I was actually trying to say? Or are you just saying that points were pathetic? Neither is true.
I'm saying you are not a very good debater. We all have certain talents and other things we aren't good at. I'm a terrible swimmer.