Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

It's time to form a competitive pub team for rateds.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Shadowlands
It's time to form a competitive pub team for rateds.

Arpeggi's Avatar


Arpeggi
12.22.2012 , 04:16 PM | #51
With war hero gear being so easy to get. It shouldn't take more then a week of grinding to finish min/maxing the gear people need. So, bringing a group that is under geared shouldn't be very hard I would think. And the difference in stats is very small unless they are in recruit gear. Really comes down to coordination and how you handle certain situation. I'm not in anyway saying gear does not matter. I just think that the gear level should start to be evening out since war hero is so easy to obtain now.
The Ninnymuggins Legacy
Cottonheaded, Mixa, Fatty'Boom'Boom, Cookiethumper

eavn's Avatar


eavn
12.22.2012 , 04:19 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Arpeggi View Post
With war hero gear being so easy to get. It shouldn't take more then a week of grinding to finish min/maxing the gear people need. So, bringing a group that is under geared shouldn't be very hard I would think. And the difference in stats is very small unless they are in recruit gear. Really comes down to coordination and how you handle certain situation. I'm not in anyway saying gear does not matter. I just think that the gear level should start to be evening out since war hero is so easy to obtain now.
i think one of the issues is people don't know how to min/max

adiwantinova's Avatar


adiwantinova
12.22.2012 , 06:01 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by eavn View Post
i think one of the issues is people don't know how to min/max
^ this.

We had a guy on that team ask us after "I'm new to MMOs, so I'm going to feel dumb, but what does 'min/max' mean?"

That isn't to slight that player or make them feel bad, but when you have (a) a fully optimal group make up, and (b) all truly min/maxed players from Physics opposing you with this on your team, you're really in for a butt whipping.

You can say what you want about coordination, strategy, etc. but it really comes down to this. It's why you don't see hordes of ROTJ queuing right now. We have a lot of players taking a break, focusing on school, etc. that would make up the "A Team" -- and until we can coach these players up, you likely won't see us much in ranked consistently.
ADI-WAN TINOVA
< Remnants of the Jedi >
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
POT5, by way of The Shadowlands

Krazy_Karl's Avatar


Krazy_Karl
12.23.2012 , 02:06 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by adiwantinova View Post
^ this.

We had a guy on that team ask us after "I'm new to MMOs, so I'm going to feel dumb, but what does 'min/max' mean?"

That isn't to slight that player or make them feel bad, but when you have (a) a fully optimal group make up, and (b) all truly min/maxed players from Physics opposing you with this on your team, you're really in for a butt whipping.

You can say what you want about coordination, strategy, etc. but it really comes down to this. It's why you don't see hordes of ROTJ queuing right now. We have a lot of players taking a break, focusing on school, etc. that would make up the "A Team" -- and until we can coach these players up, you likely won't see us much in ranked consistently.
ID > Physics nowadays. Didn't used to be that way... PvP turned into "Stun Wars" instead of "Star Wars". Such a shame.

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

adiwantinova's Avatar


adiwantinova
12.23.2012 , 11:18 AM | #55
Agreed re: stun wars.

Re: ID vs Physics, it's really splitting hairs to us Pubs. You two are both highly optimized classes and gear sets, and your coordination is immaculate. Don't hate the player, hate the game. You're both seen as the pinnacle of competition and an example for what we strive for.

To my earlier comment re: the player's question on min/maxing -- that is a failure of leadership, IMO. ROTJ is taking strides to become a formidable opponent by driving education, training, and experience into all of its players. It may not be a week, or even a month from now, but we will be fielding competitive teams again soon. And when we do, the barometer for success will be measured by our competitiveness against both ID and Physics.
ADI-WAN TINOVA
< Remnants of the Jedi >
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
POT5, by way of The Shadowlands

eavn's Avatar


eavn
12.23.2012 , 11:33 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by adiwantinova View Post
Agreed re: stun wars.

Re: ID vs Physics, it's really splitting hairs to us Pubs. You two are both highly optimized classes and gear sets, and your coordination is immaculate. Don't hate the player, hate the game. You're both seen as the pinnacle of competition and an example for what we strive for.

To my earlier comment re: the player's question on min/maxing -- that is a failure of leadership, IMO. ROTJ is taking strides to become a formidable opponent by driving education, training, and experience into all of its players. It may not be a week, or even a month from now, but we will be fielding competitive teams again soon. And when we do, the barometer for success will be measured by our competitiveness against both ID and Physics.
in all honesty, I.D and physics are thought as being the top tier of the imp side's pvpers, as for which is better, ive always deemed them as being equal i guess, seeing as neither streams their rated matches (for obvious reasons) its hard for those not in their guilds to say who is better.

Frequencyz's Avatar


Frequencyz
12.23.2012 , 12:29 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazy_Karl View Post
ID > Physics nowadays. Didn't used to be that way... PvP turned into "Stun Wars" instead of "Star Wars". Such a shame.

Regards,
KK
YOU DONT EVEN PVP, WHY DO YOU KEEP POSTING ON THESE THINGS!! lol

Arkillon's Avatar


Arkillon
12.23.2012 , 12:31 PM | #58
im skeptical about ID > physics
Zenod - Assassin
<READING RAINBOW>
RIP Inferno
PVP stream of awesomeness: http://twitch.tv/Zenod1337

eavn's Avatar


eavn
12.23.2012 , 12:37 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Frequencyz View Post
YOU DONT EVEN PVP, WHY DO YOU KEEP POSTING ON THESE THINGS!! lol
we will never know, i havent seen TGO field a rwz team ever, but they are "the best"

Frequencyz's Avatar


Frequencyz
12.23.2012 , 12:37 PM | #60
they beat us 4 times last night....i wasn't there...but I heard they were at least close, You just gotta want it....and they wanted it more I guess.....damn physics slackers...I think I might finally get my datacrons on freq...