Need more servers!!

Glorthox

Me and my friends are active subscribers and we cannot even play the game on our server because we are constantly kicked because of overpopulation. More servers really need to be added to fix this problem. When its heavy we cannot even log in. Please please address this issue! Thanks...

Bioware tried this when the game first came out to mitigate the initial burst of players, and after several months it resulted in a sea of dead servers. Though I do understand that overpopulation and queue times may be a short term nuisance (however great it may seem now) please bear with Bioware, I really don't want to see another population lull again

It does seem when Harbinger gets FULL it crashes and then the rest of the servers get FULL when people log in to them after being aborted. Look at Asia and Europe, not much use at all. Like it or not I'd throw another west coast and east coast PVE server in the mix. PVP is not as popular and can stand on their own for now. RP servers are very heavy but not FULL yet.

Harbinger is down right now. Bergeren went up to FULL, folks are getting frustrated and playing a different server.

Jedi Covenant is full as well. PSTs will play on the ESTs PVE if they have no other choice.

Still the PVP servers haven't changed, east and west coast show HEAVY.

OK, Harbinger is back up.

Probably took 15 minutes for a total restart.

Begeren Colony went down to VERY HEAVY in just a few minutes. It's RP PST.

That's it, no more FULL servers. So much for watching, I'm going back in.

It's a fun game, give us room to play it.

• 4 weeks later...

It would be really useful (to me) to have character transfers allowed again (and I think they need to add at least one server to spread the population out a bit). I somehow have 14 characters on one server...anyway, in the Fleet, my fps is atrocious, even at low graphics settings. There's no point getting on my speeder because I'll end up speeding off one of the cliffs before the frames can catch up and show me where I'm going.

The crowding is especially bad on the Imperial Fleet on the Harbinger server, so I was hoping to transfer my imperial characters to another server. On the other hand, Quesh seemed somewhat sparsely populated for my republic characters, but still dense enough that if I wanted to group up I probably could.

Yeah, we don't want dead servers, but there are too few now, and it's crowded. Add one more server please!

So many people mentioning "before the merges"...The population has tripled since f2p also they expect it to double over again on top of it already being triple AFTER christmas, don't worry they will add more servers. HOWEVER you being booted has nothing to do with overpopulation unless you have a very low grade computer for this game and/or horrible net.

If you weren't here for the dead servers before merges, you have no idea what you are asking for. I don't lag at all on the fleet, but IF I were to lag I would gladly deal with that rather than a low pop server.

I was here for the dead servers. I kinda liked it. The only problem was that the galactic market economy was dead - no point selling, likely no one will buy because there was no demand. If one more server was added (or maybe one more per zone), it would only be slightly harder to sell, and I'm sure it would be nothing like the dead servers we had before.

Why is this even an issuse, furthurmore, why is it on our forums? I have NEVER expeirienced any of the conditions people have metioned. A long time ago, back when i was on a dead server, I did experience those... I think if anything they need to just raise Population caps. More people having the capability to be on at once, less server lag, etc. At the moment BioWare is not focused on this, they are still working on F2P and the new expansion. F2P has obviuosly seriously helped the game, It is the reason I came back. Maybe after this expansion profits will start picking up and they will stop focusing on content for a little while and start focusing on ease of access related issues.