Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Senatsu's Avatar


Senatsu
12.23.2012 , 08:15 AM | #441
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
So red bit ye ?
Do you really think the lvl 50 flashpoints and operations is everything there is going to be? With a level cap of 55? Logic is a wise thing, my friend. Sure, you can use boxershorts for 5 year old kids when you're a grown up, but will they fit? No. Simple logic, man. Also, I would only assume that class stories would continue past level 50, wouldn't you? Doesn't make sense to abandon what makes the game amazing, at the very least right now. I doubt EA would like to lose more subs than they already have, so discontinuing class stories is out of the question.
I would agree to an Aion-type LFG system, but not WoW's LFD. We don't need Blizzard's failures in this game.

Senatsu's Avatar


Senatsu
12.23.2012 , 08:18 AM | #442
Quote: Originally Posted by darklordpotter View Post
When did it happen that it has new FPs and OPs (nothing has been announced).
Is the general lack of logic this prominent among people nowadays? Seriously, I can't believe you guys actually believe they will keep level 50 flashpoints and operations when the cap is 55. The failings in logic among human beings surprise me more and more every day.

They mentioned adding new story missions, I don't see why that wouldn't also entail class stories.
I would agree to an Aion-type LFG system, but not WoW's LFD. We don't need Blizzard's failures in this game.

darklordpotter's Avatar


darklordpotter
12.23.2012 , 08:23 AM | #443
Quote: Originally Posted by Senatsu View Post
Do you really think the lvl 50 flashpoints and operations is everything there is going to be? With a level cap of 55? Logic is a wise thing, my friend. Sure, you can use boxershorts for 5 year old kids when you're a grown up, but will they fit? No. Simple logic, man. Also, I would only assume that class stories would continue past level 50, wouldn't you? Doesn't make sense to abandon what makes the game amazing, at the very least right now. I doubt EA would like to lose more subs than they already have, so discontinuing class stories is out of the question.
Your assumption would be wrong it has been confirmed by the devs there is no class story in Makeb. So yes logic is a fine thing but people aren't necessarily logical - including game devs.

As for FP and OPs what most people currently twitchy about is not that they will leave current content as lvl 50 they will instead regear current content to require lvl 55 and those without the expansion are SoL

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
12.23.2012 , 08:23 AM | #444
Quote: Originally Posted by Senatsu View Post
Do you really think the lvl 50 flashpoints and operations is everything there is going to be? With a level cap of 55? Logic is a wise thing, my friend. Sure, you can use boxershorts for 5 year old kids when you're a grown up, but will they fit? No. Simple logic, man. Also, I would only assume that class stories would continue past level 50, wouldn't you? Doesn't make sense to abandon what makes the game amazing, at the very least right now. I doubt EA would like to lose more subs than they already have, so discontinuing class stories is out of the question.
logic has no buisness in the control of hickman, will there be flashpoints at lvl 55, will they be part of makeb is another matter, if new flashpoints drop after makeb they had as much chance of dropping before just as operations do but the only difference is the lvl cap has been increased thus increasing the lvl cap on said flashpoints and operations via patchs and there is every chance that a new flashpoint or operation could drop in spring but it could have always been made tobe introduced in spring where makeb was meant tobe introduced in november/december.

People are assuming so much is going tobe in makeb but so many forget that makeb was intended as a content patch designed to balance the metrics for what they originally intended. Other games have done this and not charged. so as this was itself intended as a content patch all things designed to drop after will have followed on from the lvl cap that shall be introduced by this.

And least forget makeb should have been here now and makeb is the last thing promoted to be coming this year, so content that was set in motion after makeb is automaticaly set to the higher limit but not mentioned to us yet, and remember makeb info was released and demo'ed in june, that means they started working on it atleast in febuary and the only reason its not here is because all content, that being hypergates etc were pushed back whilst they put the bulk of the devs on the f2p development.

As for EA, forget EA and think of hickman, you remember warhammer right, logic has no place in this one bit and class story has already been ruled out for makeb. That said i fully expect a flashpoint and op to be dropped in with makeb but i also expect it tobe at the cost of content between now and then withstanding illum of course that is in gabes control.

Ow and i never said there would only be lvl 50 flashpoints and ops, i fully expect them to whack in nightmare level for flashpoints and ops at 55.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Senatsu's Avatar


Senatsu
12.23.2012 , 08:26 AM | #445
Quote: Originally Posted by darklordpotter View Post
Your assumption would be wrong it has been confirmed by the devs there is no class story in Makeb. So yes logic is a fine thing but people aren't necessarily logical - including game devs.

As for FP and OPs what most people currently twitchy about is not that they will leave current content as lvl 50 they will instead regear current content to require lvl 55 and those without the expansion are SoL
Have any expansion actually regeared all current content instead of making anything new? I know WoW has been a master at doing this to several of their instances and raids, but all of them? Seems way to idiotic to be true. Though, if all you say is true, SWTOR will end up even worse than before group finder and CM.
I would agree to an Aion-type LFG system, but not WoW's LFD. We don't need Blizzard's failures in this game.

darklordpotter's Avatar


darklordpotter
12.23.2012 , 08:32 AM | #446
Quote: Originally Posted by Senatsu View Post
Have any expansion actually regeared all current content instead of making anything new? I know WoW has been a master at doing this to several of their instances and raids, but all of them? Seems way to idiotic to be true. Though, if all you say is true, SWTOR will end up even worse than before group finder and CM.
No-one knows what is happening about FPs and OPs they have said not a peep. But if they had a lot of new ones wouldn't they be advertising to encourage preorders?

Jonoku's Avatar


Jonoku
12.23.2012 , 10:38 AM | #447
Quote: Originally Posted by darklordpotter View Post
No-one knows what is happening about FPs and OPs they have said not a peep. But if they had a lot of new ones wouldn't they be advertising to encourage preorders?
They are trying to get impatient people to preorder it right away without looking at info.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Nemmar's Avatar


Nemmar
12.23.2012 , 10:46 AM | #448
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
They are trying to get impatient people to preorder it right away without looking at info.
Those people are gonna be rewarded with 5 day early acess.

When they release more info and those that didnt pre-order right away will want to... they will have to wait an extra 5 days and will feel dumb for having bitten into the hate train.

Nemmar's Avatar


Nemmar
12.23.2012 , 10:49 AM | #449
Quote: Originally Posted by darklordpotter View Post
No-one knows what is happening about FPs and OPs they have said not a peep. But if they had a lot of new ones wouldn't they be advertising to encourage preorders?
They are unsure about what is gonna make it in and what they will keep out for the 6 week patches to keep going. Otherwise we get lots of trolls saying they were liars when they said they would give us 6-8 week patches cause we get a juicy expansion instead.

Dont you just love the effect haters have. They only make it worse on themselves and everyone else and they think they are useful.

Kani_Warysia's Avatar


Kani_Warysia
12.23.2012 , 11:04 AM | #450
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
mmmm, THEY called it content update.

In fact it was specifically called "NON EXPANSION CONTENT UPDATE" rofl

You want to know why they called it like that, since you seem to dont know? Because IT IS ONE.
Expansions are content updates....