Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Senatsu
12.23.2012 , 06:49 AM | #431
So raising the level cap, adding new class story content, new faction story content, new items, new flashpoints and operations, and new datacrons (more specific for this game in particular) isn't recognized as an expansion anymore? When did that happen o.o
I would agree to an Aion-type LFG system, but not WoW's LFD. We don't need Blizzard's failures in this game.

Genuine
12.23.2012 , 06:55 AM | #432
Quote: Originally Posted by grombrinda View Post
Don't LotR subs get their allotted coins also and able to buy said expansion with it??

Just curious. ^^
Yes they do
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

Genuine
12.23.2012 , 07:03 AM | #433
What the planet should have
New Heroics
New Flash points
New Class missions
New Datcrons
a lot of areas to explore
HK- should talk in the missions like the other do when your leveling

If they don't have them then no its not really an expansion
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

Glorthox
12.23.2012 , 07:17 AM | #434
IMO F2P people should have many things unlocked instead of what they have now. And the subscribers should see more benefits to being active subscribers.

darklordpotter
12.23.2012 , 07:17 AM | #435
Quote: Originally Posted by Senatsu View Post
So raising the level cap, adding new class story content, new faction story content, new items, new flashpoints and operations, and new datacrons (more specific for this game in particular) isn't recognized as an expansion anymore? When did that happen o.o
When did it happen that Makeb has new class story content? (it doesn't). When did it happen that it has new FPs and OPs (nothing has been announced).

So what you actually meant was "when does a content patch become an expansion?" Answer when EA needs to show a healthy profit for their stockholders meeting.

Lucyfer_Infinity
12.23.2012 , 07:24 AM | #436
Quote: Originally Posted by Senatsu View Post
There will be no class story content they said it allready. Where does it say anything about new flashpoints and operations? And datacrons? Please give me tools and 30 mins and i can add 100 new datacrons to game lmao.
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods
Today, we are excited to celebrate the 1st Anniversary for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
Need more fireworks? Additional fireworks are available for purchase in the in-game Cartel Market.

Glorthox
12.23.2012 , 07:26 AM | #437
As far as expansions go, they should have incorporated more into the expansion. Maybe more story for classes or an extra chapter. Made lightsabers look more devastating instead of beating clubs, i would like to see lightsabers doing the same things they did in the movies. Giving ships a custom feature allowing playing to change the colors of their ships. Fixing all pre-existing bugs. More things added to the social vendors and or pvp vendors. For active subscribers we should see atleast 1000 cartel coins if you think about it because paying 14.99 a month and only getting 500 feels like were getting the short end of the stick. Add a GTN, pvp terminal / vendor, pve mission terminal and vendor, and respec vendor on all worlds, so people don't have to flood the fleet or their home worlds. Maybe allow people to purchase credits from the cartel market, might get rid of some of the cred farmers. I love the game, just wish they had more story. Every class had 3 chapters of their own story and yet in this expansion there isn't anymore story, seriously!!!

mothear
12.23.2012 , 07:27 AM | #438
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucyfer_Infinity View Post
There will be no class story content they said it allready. Where does it say anything about new flashpoints and operations? And datacrons? Please give me tools and 30 mins and i can add 100 new datacrons to game lmao.
Allison has said there will be new datacrons

Lucyfer_Infinity
12.23.2012 , 07:29 AM | #439
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
I'm not saying there won't be just saying its nothing worth actualy mentioning. Pick random location plant datacron copy/paste some lore done.
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods
Today, we are excited to celebrate the 1st Anniversary for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
Need more fireworks? Additional fireworks are available for purchase in the in-game Cartel Market.

Marmerus
12.23.2012 , 08:12 AM | #440
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
Datacrons is like pokemon. You gotta catch em all.
@ Bioware
Stop trolling the EU. Fix the downtimes to the middle of the night and not in the middle of the morning / day.