Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Suggestions...

MasterMe
12.22.2012 , 08:25 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Infinite Empire vs. Empire of the Hand? Not enough info is known what exactly the Rakata had so I can't comment or speculate.
Exactly.

grrrrrrr

Aurbere
12.22.2012 , 08:39 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Exactly.

grrrrrrr
The thing about Thrawn is that he doesn't have a "habit". He adapts and plans. If he encounters an enemy that seems invincible, he creates tactics to beat him. In the case of the Thrawn Campaign, he had laid out the path to victory, executing each step to perfection. The New Republic had no idea what he was planning next.

Don't know who could beat Thrawn. IIRC Admiral Bwatu of the Galactic Alliance beat the Thrawn Simulator consistently. But I don't think a simulator can match the real deal.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

ToEasy
12.22.2012 , 08:45 PM | #113
The thing about Thrawn is that he doesn't have a "habit". He adapts and plans. If he encounters an enemy that seems invincible, he creates tactics to beat him. In the case of the Thrawn Campaign, he had laid out the path to victory, executing each step to perfection. The New Republic had no idea what he was planning next.

Don't know who could beat Thrawn. IIRC Admiral Bwatu of the Galactic Alliance beat the Thrawn Simulator consistently. But I don't think a simulator can match the real deal.
I think beating the simulator makes him a good tactician either way. It may not be the real deal but it is close enough for him to be a good challenge imo.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

Aurbere
12.22.2012 , 08:51 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by ToEasy View Post
I think beating the simulator makes him a good tactician either way. It may not be the real deal but it is close enough for him to be a good challenge imo.
Very true. Bwatu is an exceptional tactician and would be a good match for Thrawn. However, I don't think the simulator had every detail on Thrawn's thinking. If they worked with Palleon, then yes they would. But even Palleon didn't know all about Thrawn's thinking process.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

ToEasy
12.22.2012 , 08:56 PM | #115
Very true. Bwatu is an exceptional tactician and would be a good match for Thrawn. However, I don't think the simulator had every detail on Thrawn's thinking. If they worked with Palleon, then yes they would. But even Palleon didn't know all about Thrawn's thinking process.
You have a good point.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

Bird_of_Thunder
02.05.2013 , 11:46 PM | #116
I'd like to see a Ludo Kressh - Darth Krayt fight. Kressh could have Horak-mul and Krayt could have Darth Talon
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Wolfninjajedi
02.06.2013 , 12:32 AM | #117
Oh I got a nice one..

General Rieekan vs General Veers.

Land combat only though.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Newyankalt
02.06.2013 , 06:28 PM | #118
Gungans led by jar jar blinks vs ewoks led by wicket.

Beniboybling
02.19.2013 , 10:03 AM | #119
OK I thought I'd give this thread a bump as I'm planning the Bonus Series in a bit more detail now. So I'd like to hear anymore suggestions if you've got them, just make sure they tick the following boxes:

• It must be a debate that everyone can get involved in, so nothing too obscure
  • The combatants must have a comprehensive and definitive power base - not concerning size but concerning information, are their enough facts to get a good idea of what their power base is comprised of?
  • Think small factions as opposed to big empires, and don't necessarily focus on specific individuals but the groups themselves, neither does the group require a specific leader.
  • If you do suggest an individual, ensure that they are in fact the leader of their organisation and not simply a member, this excludes the likes of Grand Moff Tarkin of the Galactic Empire etc - unless you can attach a definitive power base to them e.g. a personal fleet.

Confirmed combatants so far:

Nighsisters --- Ohnaka Gang --- Death Watch --- Kota's Militia --- One Sith --- OR Jedi Order

Ventessel
02.19.2013 , 10:33 AM | #120
Possible factions:
ARC Troopers
HK-50 Droids (as per KotOR II)
Imperial Knights
Ubuse Bounty Hunter clans
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell