Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaon again? Exit area.

NogueiraA
12.22.2012 , 04:23 PM | #1
As title says, kaon and kaon and KAON again.
I just exit area and back to queue. I can not play Kaon anymore.

I have 6 char 50's and I do the group finder daily with all my chars, every day, at least 3x kaon.

Taiketo
12.22.2012 , 06:55 PM | #2
Heh. I have the opposite problem. I haven't finished my Rakghoul weekly in over 2 months because the groupfinder never gives me Kaon.

Or, if it does, the tank/healer immediately leaves and after 10 minutes of waiting I give up.

I always seem to get cancer-ridden black talon and it's 30 hours of cutscenes.

Icebergy
12.22.2012 , 07:14 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
I have 6 char 50's and I do the group finder daily with all my chars, every day
Here is the problem. It doesn't matter what instance it is, when you are running this much, they will all get boring. I don't even know how you can do that.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Twolightsabers
12.23.2012 , 01:22 PM | #4
The real issue I have with Kaon (and all of my guildees and in-game friends as well) is that it is still a freaking bug-fest. After months of being out... Invisible walls, mobs that chain knock you back into said wall and get you insta-gibbed, walls that cut off the tank and keep him/her from getting to the mobs prison-ra pe the healer, mobs that appear 20yds away from where they are and cause accidental pulls, bosses that glitch (behemoth I'm talking to you), and my personal favorite: the packs of Tionese mercenaries not aggroed on you who occassionally clip a party member with stray fire and put the whole group into combat.

Personally, I would be more than happy with the next patch introducing zero new content and simply being a "hey guys, here's a ton of bug fixes looooooooong overdue. O and here's an updated codex too. Hey it's almost Christmas, might as well put it on the list...

DMSL
12.23.2012 , 05:11 PM | #5
In my opinion kaon should be a tier 2 flashpoint that would save me the hassle of doing that thing randomly and not getting the credit for the weekly hm.

Ephesia
12.24.2012 , 06:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DMSL View Post
In my opinion kaon should be a tier 2 flashpoint that would save me the hassle of doing that thing randomly and not getting the credit for the weekly hm.
It does not have the challenge to be called a Tier 2 flashpoint though, while I seriously doubt this idea of yours will ever be implemented if it did they'd need to up the challenge for it to be comparabe to Lost Island and drop Columi + Rakata off last boss.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

sumuji
12.24.2012 , 08:51 AM | #7
Having two tanks and almost a 3rd at 50, plus a healer, I totally agree. There is no t1 HM more annoying than KUS. It's long, it's packed full of annoying mobs, and it's resposible for more group breakups than all of the others combined. Granted most times I run it it's without a hitch but I certainly let out a sigh if Kaon comes up with the group finder. It should be made maybe a tad harder and put next to Lost Island as tier 2 if they might be revamping with the upcoming expansion.

mikebevo
12.24.2012 , 10:55 AM | #8
I get D7, over and over and over....Good news i can now do it in my sleep.

I really don't mind Koan provided the tank gets in and stays in the turret I am fine with Kaon. My only other complaint about it is when the mercenaries hug my healer and tank and dps only cry out for heals instead of actually killing the thing that has me stun locked.

toyfanatic
12.24.2012 , 11:39 AM | #9
I can agree with the op on this,
Lets look at Kaon for a moment, this and LI are considered expansions. Why , because they came out as new content after launch. Anyone remeber the raqghoul event? These were the first FP designed as solely lvl50 content. All other SM FP have a below lvl 50 content.
There are several trash mobs that require skill and comunication to survive. The dark room must be pulled and dps'd just right. The area right befor the final boss also requires some serious cc's to make it better than wipe fest. Also fresh 50's might not have the best survivability depending if they are in just tionese.
As for the boss fights, the behemoth takes a minor amount of co-ordination to kill- especially if the party is all melee. The final boss fight is easy compaired to the adds are harder to kill than the actual boss. Since his two adds are untankable the fight can be trouble for fresher tanks who don't know the fight. Even though the cannon/turret encounter counts as a boss fight it just requires skillmore than gear to do it.
I believe when the devs took the nerf bat to all the trash mobs in FP's this one didn't get hit.

Kitru
12.24.2012 , 12:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by toyfanatic View Post
These were the first FP designed as solely lvl50 content. All other SM FP have a below lvl 50 content.
So, are you completely ignoring Directive 7, Battle for Ilum, and False Emperor, all of which were developed at release and designed as level 50 intro FPs to gear people up for the HMs?
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.