Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Taung > Mandos Now.

Wolfninjajedi
12.22.2012 , 06:02 PM | #1
Sorry but it is of my opinion that its true. The Taung are just so awesome, I wish that they hadn't been wiped out and were still around in the SW Galaxy being the Mandalorians. I don't mind what the Mandalorians are now....but, it just seemed to fall into a group that anyone can join given that they pass the criteria, it doesn't seem unique anymore. Besides...

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...timate-SWM.jpg - How awesome does Mandalore The Ultimate look? AWESOME.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...the_Taungs.jpg The awesome last stand.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...ians_-_TEA.jpg Mandalore the Indomitable with other Taungs on their Basilisk War Droids.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...0Mandalore.jpg Mandalore the Indomitable.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Master-GAW.jpg A Taung warrior.
===

Sorry Newer Mandos, but The Taung are just more awesome to me. Ironically, my BH is a Mando but only because he wants to honor The Taung he actually doesn't like the Newer Mandos. That isn't to say I hate the Newer Mandos....but The Taung are just better to me.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
12.22.2012 , 06:06 PM | #2
I agree. The Taung are awesome. These new Mando's are a bunch of hacks and a disgrace to the true Mandalorians.

Side note: I'm cheering for the Death Watch in TCW. Canderous, MtU and Cassus Fett would be rolling in their graves at the sight of these "Mandalorians".
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

ToEasy
12.22.2012 , 06:26 PM | #3
I like both equally. Though I wish that the Taung were still around.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

Wolfninjajedi
12.22.2012 , 06:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I agree. The Taung are awesome. These new Mando's are a bunch of hacks and a disgrace to the true Mandalorians.

Side note: I'm cheering for the Death Watch in TCW. Canderous, MtU and Cassus Fett would be rolling in their graves at the sight of these "Mandalorians".
No Aurbere, I mean Taung > Mando who aren't Taung. Meaning Mandalore The Ultimate is where I stop at. That is actually a rather fitting title for the last Taung, Mandalore The Ultimate.

BrandonSM
12.22.2012 , 07:04 PM | #5
So powerful they were, how did the entire species get wiped out?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aurbere
12.22.2012 , 07:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
No Aurbere, I mean Taung > Mando who aren't Taung. Meaning Mandalore The Ultimate is where I stop at. That is actually a rather fitting title for the last Taung, Mandalore The Ultimate.
In that specific case I was talking about the war-faring Mandalorians, not that Canderous and Cassus were Taung. Should of made myself clear.

Anyway, I agree with you.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Wolfninjajedi
12.22.2012 , 07:09 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
So powerful they were, how did the entire species get wiped out?
The Mandalorian Wars.

Quote:
In that specific case I was talking about the war-faring Mandalorians, not that Canderous and Cassus were Taung. Should of made myself clear.

Anyway, I agree with you.
Oh ok lol.

MasterMe
12.22.2012 , 07:51 PM | #8
They're both pretty cool, but I prefer the new Mandos. They just look a little beastlier (imo).

Also: while I agree that many of the Mandos are hacks and hipocrits, many of them are not. Just read the Republic Commando series. Those guys are legit.

Beniboybling
12.23.2012 , 07:12 AM | #9
I don't know - I think there is something important about what the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders brought. Ever since the Mandalorian Wars the term 'Mandalorian' has became something more than just the culture of the Taung. Its not about your race, or birthplace - its about the armor, the code of honor, and the glory of battle. Its a unifying mentality that brings together all people of all races under a single banner for a single cause. Anyone should be able to don Mandalorian armor if they can prove themselves worthy. And contrary to what Aurbere says, Mandalorians such as Canderous Ordo, Mandalore the Vindicated, Jaster Mereel, Jango and Boba Fett deserve to be respected and admired just as much as the Taung.

I don't support the Death Watch however, IMO they don't follow the Mandalorian ways. They claim to be honouring the Mandalorian roots but really they are just corrupt pawns of the Separatists who thrive off crime and terror, and desire nothing but power, not honor or glory. And I respect the New Mandalorians, "Mandalore' (the planet) shouldn't have to represent the Mandalorian warrior culture. Anyone has the right to be a Mandalorian and anyone has the right not to be, if they want to split away from the Mandalorian ways then they can. True Mandalorians should be able to find home anywhere, and shouldn't be terroizing the New Mandalorians like the Death Watch do.

But it looks as if Death Watch are going to experience some infighting in TCW, and the true Mandalorians will rise!

ToEasy
12.23.2012 , 08:31 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I don't know - I think there is something important about what the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders brought. Ever since the Mandalorian Wars the term 'Mandalorian' has became something more than just the culture of the Taung. Its not about your race, or birthplace - its about the armor, the code of honor, and the glory of battle. Its a unifying mentality that brings together all people of all races under a single banner for a single cause. Anyone should be able to don Mandalorian armor if they can prove themselves worthy. And contrary to what Aurbere says, Mandalorians such as Canderous Ordo, Mandalore the Vindicated, Jaster Mereel, Jango and Boba Fett deserve to be respected and admired just as much as the Taung.

I don't support the Death Watch however, IMO they don't follow the Mandalorian ways. They claim to be honouring the Mandalorian roots but really they are just corrupt pawns of the Separatists who thrive off crime and terror, and desire nothing but power, not honor or glory. And I respect the New Mandalorians, "Mandalore' (the planet) shouldn't have to represent the Mandalorian warrior culture. Anyone has the right to be a Mandalorian and anyone has the right not to be, if they want to split away from the Mandalorian ways then they can. True Mandalorians should be able to find home anywhere, and shouldn't be terroizing the New Mandalorians like the Death Watch do.

But it looks as if Death Watch are going to experience some infighting in TCW, and the true Mandalorians will rise!
I completely agree with you on this.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu