Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play Preview Episode 3 Now Live!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play Preview Episode 3 Now Live!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LordArtemis
12.22.2012 , 01:23 AM | #21
Good video IMO. Now.....add the Republic version of the Pilot's Overcoat (plain white robe) and we will be good.

therealGLAD
12.22.2012 , 02:01 AM | #22
I think that giving us actual events (an actual life day and anniversary event) and more NEW armor (not repainted but new) is the right way to go. I don't hate the game, I'm just offering some constructive criticism because I want the game to be good and to succeed (also some of the f2p stuff like ONE quickbar is just plain ridiculous).
Ferose: Level 50 Vanguard

Proud Owner of the Collectors Edition

gallirw
12.22.2012 , 03:31 AM | #23
I keep hoping that EA/Bioware will stop insulting the Founding members of his community. My sub has been cancelled and this is the note I submitted :

As a founder and an individual that paid FULL PRICE for the game, I have little to no benefit from the purchase. Other MMOs that have converted to FTP have taken a different approach. For instance, The Secret World is giving the entire base game, without restrictions, to anyone that has purchased the game for FULL PRICE.

Bioware and EA does not value the founding players that paid the development costs for this game. New FTP players get the same play experience, with only a $5 purchase. My $170 dollars invested in this game, versus their $5 means nothing to EA, obviously. The Cartel Coin allocation for Founders was very meager.

I have to deal with XP and travel restrictions, even though I am the reason that the servers are still running. Absolutely ridiculous and an insult to my intelligence. The mail restrictions are absolutely aggravating. Why not allow full mail access within my legacy?

Give me the base game, the out of the box experience, as a founder or I will not sub to this game again. Period.

Lift the XP restrictions for founders and other ridiculous efforts to force my sub.

I'll finish my class stories and turn the lights out, if I can manage to gain the XP to do so with the CCs I have left.
The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

Goretzu
12.22.2012 , 07:19 AM | #24
I think his speech about the Life Day items being "limited time" says a lot about how they intend to sell stuff.

It's all "buy it NOW!!!! for just $18.00 per mount or lose out!".

It is so disheartening that such a cynical nickle and dime method of using the cashshop is happening, really sinking to the lowest possible common denominator of retail.

It's pretty clear they do not value their customers, they just want to sell stuff TO them.

Such an attitude simply isn't sustainable, it's the attitude you find on here today gone tomorrow market stall, it is going to drive people (including subscribers since the start like me) away from the game.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

saremun
12.22.2012 , 07:21 AM | #25
Life day? is that video intended to be funny? what kind of life day celebration if you have NOTHING in game but all from cartel market? iam playing Lotro now and they have winter celebration where you can get outfits, cosmetic items and housing items, but sadly again BW fails.

R-Tee-Doo-Tee
12.22.2012 , 08:11 AM | #26
I really love the game and the atmosphere the game creates as i work my way through the story. But i will say for xmas it would have been nice to see Bioware give the players a small event. This event could have included some of the smaller life day items on the cartel market atm for free like the life day orb. Some more expensive and uber cool life day items in the shop is fine but all life day items in the shop to me seems really just miserly at a time of year that's supposed to be a giving and fun time. My opinion so far of the cartel items is that some of the items are great and some are very underwhelming. I hope the people at Bioware have a good xmas and for the most part can take my criticisms with a pinch of salt.

TLDR: your game is great but the cartel market and life day items
could have been more giving to tors supporting community.

Amussa
12.22.2012 , 09:39 AM | #27
Bioware why is it you HAVE to subscribe in order to have a fun game experience anyone who PAID for a copy of this game should'nt be forced to pay an extra 18.99 a month to have the full game ,what was the point of me installing this game on mycomputer if I can't have the full experience?

BigjoeHoe
12.22.2012 , 09:50 AM | #28
When the Crime lord boxes came out i spent over $120 on boxes HOPING to just get the Mask and the Throne mount all i got was JUNK i am now convinced that Bioware has lower the drop rate to almost Zero% on my account because i never get anything i Truly want out of the Boxes. Oh wait the new boxes came out spent around $240 now(only way i can get items i want is to sell boxes and buy the item off then GTN) and i got the Rare little cat Pet but like i said nothing i truly wanted. THANKS FOR NOTHING BIOWARE.

Goretzu
12.22.2012 , 11:12 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by BigjoeHoe View Post
When the Crime lord boxes came out i spent over $120 on boxes HOPING to just get the Mask and the Throne mount all i got was JUNK i am now convinced that Bioware has lower the drop rate to almost Zero% on my account because i never get anything i Truly want out of the Boxes. Oh wait the new boxes came out spent around $240 now(only way i can get items i want is to sell boxes and buy the item off then GTN) and i got the Rare little cat Pet but like i said nothing i truly wanted. THANKS FOR NOTHING BIOWARE.
Unfortunately that is how gambling works, long odds are poor odds.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Shingara
12.22.2012 , 10:12 PM | #30
If you are going to charge subscribers for a previously called content patch update why bother having f2p at all. Just switch to B2P and remove subs all together and have us pay for adventure packs if you are going to treat your constant subscribers in such a way.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731