Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nadia Grell

SamuelAU
08.07.2012 , 07:34 AM | #1
Jedi Consular spoilers ahead

I'm a little bit confused by Nadia Grell. I understand why she is on your ship with the Rift Alliance and all that, but what confuses me is when her father is kidnapped by one of the Children of the Emperor. You take her on to the ship to rescue him and for some reason she has a lightsaber; even though she isn't your apprentice and has only recently actually found out about the Jedi.

Is this just an oversight by the writers or did I miss something?

Maaruin
08.07.2012 , 08:08 AM | #2
You know that she's Force sensitive. So you gave her a lightsaber, because... that's a weapon she uses later on.

Honestly, it would have been better if she had an electrostaff at this instance, so maybe you could just give her one.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Jenzali
08.07.2012 , 03:13 PM | #3
I felt that the entire Nadia character was incredibly rushed due to acquiring her so late in the game. I even found her romance to be incredibly creepy since we'd known each other for all of 5 minutes.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Maaruin
08.07.2012 , 03:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
I felt that the entire Nadia character was incredibly rushed due to acquiring her so late in the game. I even found her romance to be incredibly creepy since we'd known each other for all of 5 minutes.
Well, she travels with you since the beginning of chapter 2. But I agree, the romance is... not that good. (At least from what I've seen in videos. I avoided the romance on purpose.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

smartalectwo
08.07.2012 , 08:23 PM | #5
Although still fairly ok, there's more than a few oddities in the Consular story that suggest it wasn't quite as well thought-out as the others. Nadia's late arrival and slightly hasty romance is possibly one of them.

Looking on the bright side, though, that just means that there's plenty of plot threads in the Consular story to wrap up in expansions. Gifted but young Jedi given an undisciplined, emotionally compromised but powerful student by a dead man's wish? That always goes well!
There is no try.

Maaruin
08.08.2012 , 01:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by smartalectwo View Post
Although still fairly ok, there's more than a few oddities in the Consular story that suggest it wasn't quite as well thought-out as the others. Nadia's late arrival and slightly hasty romance is possibly one of them.

Looking on the bright side, though, that just means that there's plenty of plot threads in the Consular story to wrap up in expansions. Gifted but young Jedi given an undisciplined, emotionally compromised but powerful student by a dead man's wish? That always goes well!
It can go well. Just choose the conversation option "that's not appropriate" or "that's inappropriate" one time.
-Ajunta Pall

Jrea
12.21.2012 , 08:01 PM | #7
The class story areas are still the most bugged and least "fine tuned" in the game.

Issues with this area:

1. Yes, Nadia should not yet have a light saber.

I actually left this area and went back to fleet to get her an electrostaff just to have it make a little more sense. I would be better for her light saber to be a mission reward like "Touchy" in the smuggler story Line.

2. Senator Grell Still seemed pretty alive even after he was confirmed dead.

He was moving in this chair and blinking when lying on the floor. (creepy.......)

The Class story areas still need a lot of attention, I know they are the least active points in the game but beople really pay attention while doing them and when something goes wierd or buggy its very noticeable.

Darth_Wicked
12.22.2012 , 06:52 AM | #8
I'm still sorry for the fact you get companions like Iresso and Zenith, with Hallow Voice and the Voss dude standing next to you. Dunno about the Voss guy but Hallow Voice as companion would be so awesome in my book.

After playing every single storyline, I can see without a doubt that when it comes to story and companions, this one is by far the most disappointing one... So much potential seeping, yet never attained. :\
Quote: Originally Posted by The Enemy Within
You ONLY had to point the EMPIRE and REPUBLIC to a shared adversary, and LET THEM DO what they do naturally:
MAKE WAR.