Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problems with my display and SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Problems with my display and SWTOR
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Spawntscuk
12.21.2012 , 01:34 PM | #1
Hi

Just recieved a brand new pc and i can run other games fine, Diablo 3, borderlands 2 black ops 2 but I cannot run SWTOR. As soon as i press play on the launcher my screen goes black I get the message OUT OF RANGE 95.3Khz 60Hz. I can hear the game fine but no display. I have a top end spec PC running windows 7 64 biit 8 gig ram nvidia GTX 670.

I have tried updating my video card drivers to no avail. Any suggestions how I can resolves this. I tried to set the launcherr in compatibility mode with windows 7 and to run a a low resolution. Same thing, black screen.

Regards Jason

Beesodd
12.21.2012 , 01:39 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Spawntscuk,

It sounds like the game is trying to run in a resolution or refresh rate that your monitor can't handle. When the game starts, press Alt & Enter to toggle the game to windowed mode and it should be playable again.

From there you can adjust your resolution and/or refresh rate to something your monitor likes and then swap back to Fullscreen.

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Malkavier
12.21.2012 , 01:57 PM | #3
And if that doesn't work....

Go to:

C:\Users\<Your Username Here>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

Open client_settings.ini

Make sure Width, Height, NativeWidth and NativeHeight match the resolution of your monitor. It is especially important that NativeWidth and NativeHeight match the native resolution of your monitor. For instance, if you have a 20" 1680 x 1050 Widescreen monitor, NativeWidth would be 1680, NativeHeight would be 1050.

If they do not, then manually change them so that they do. Remember that on Widescreen monitors, Width will -always- be a larger number than Height. The reverse is true if you are using a CRT monitor.

Save your changes, exit the file, restart the game client.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

Spawntscuk
12.21.2012 , 02:22 PM | #4
Due to some help from a friend i managed to fix this issue.

Regards Jason