Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Place Your Bets!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Place Your Bets!

Rayla_Felana
12.21.2012 , 09:49 AM | #21
Completely taken aback by your choice given the immense military power differential between the two, but regardless, apparently 'points' win now.

MasterMe
12.21.2012 , 10:05 AM | #22
Could you explain why previous losers can't take second, third, or fourth place? That doesn't seem to make much since...

Beniboybling
12.21.2012 , 10:10 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Could you explain why previous losers can't take second, third, or fourth place? That doesn't seem to make much since...
Losers can take second and fourth, not third. This is due to the Tri-duel set up. As its results it two 2nd places. Winners take precedence over losers so the runner up of the winners bracket will always claim 3rd place, and the loser 4th. (But if they win the tri-duel they have a chance of achieving second or first).

MasterMe
12.21.2012 , 10:13 AM | #24
I pick Revan to beat Kaan. Here's why:
- Kaan will experience infighting
- Revan's army is bigger AND is supported by the Republic, whereas the Army of Light was, appearently, not.

I pick G0-T0 to beat Zann just 'cause I feel like it

I pick Exar Kun to beat Naga Sadow.
- Kun's army is just SO lethal

I pick Greivous to beat MtU. (this one's gonna be close!)
- I imagine MtU's troops are of similar quality as the Clones EXCEPT there aren't as many Mandos as there are clones AND the Mandos don't have Jedi fighting with them BUT MtU has Basilisk War Droids.

I pick Darth Traya to beat Plagueis
- There similar... except... ya know... Traya has an army!

I pick Prince Xizor to beat Darth Malgus (although I'll root for Malgus)
- This isn't gonna be the kind of war Malgus is good at.. at all.
Tri-battles? hmmmm

The way I've picked it it'll be
Greivous vs G0-T0 vs Revan in the first one
Darth Traya vs Prince Xizor vs Exar Kun in the second one

I feel that Tri-battles would be a semi-unfair way to do this due to the fact that Tri-battles can be VERY unpredictable and random.

1st Tri-Battle:
I think any of them are capable of winning this. This is a toss-up. Regardless, I'm gonna argue for Revan.

2nd Tri-battle:
Holy Crap!! I wanted to say Kun would win this, but due to the Tri-battle format I could see Traya getting a win here. Interesting...
Nah... Kun's got this. His armies are just not gonna be damaged much from Traya's tactics. Kun wins.

CHAMPIONSHIP: Exar Kun vs either Greivous, Revan, or G0-T0
Regardless, Kun wins.

MasterMe
12.21.2012 , 10:14 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Losers can take second and fourth, not third. This is due to the Tri-duel set up. As its results it two 2nd places. Winners take precedence over losers so the runner up of the winners bracket will always claim 3rd place, and the loser 4th. (But if they win the tri-duel they have a chance of achieving second or first).
OH!!

That makes a LOT more since

Beniboybling
12.21.2012 , 11:45 AM | #26
Tri-battles? hmmmm

The way I've picked it it'll be
Greivous vs G0-T0 vs Revan in the first one
Darth Traya vs Prince Xizor vs Exar Kun in the second one

I feel that Tri-battles would be a semi-unfair way to do this due to the fact that Tri-battles can be VERY unpredictable and random.

1st Tri-Battle:
I think any of them are capable of winning this. This is a toss-up. Regardless, I'm gonna argue for Revan.

2nd Tri-battle:
Holy Crap!! I wanted to say Kun would win this, but due to the Tri-battle format I could see Traya getting a win here. Interesting...
Nah... Kun's got this. His armies are just not gonna be damaged much from Traya's tactics. Kun wins.

CHAMPIONSHIP: Exar Kun vs either Greivous, Revan, or G0-T0
Regardless, Kun wins.
But that's the beauty of it, it tests the flexibility and adaptability of their power bases. The Kaggath Champion has to be able to manipulate his opponents and deal with unpredictable odds. Brute force isn't enough to win, and shouldn't be.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Completely taken aback by your choice given the immense military power differential between the two, but regardless, apparently 'points' win now.
Its the only way to remain impartial, don't get the idea the winner was based on the amount of arguments made by either side - its quality not quantity. Not everyone is going to agree with every outcome, but I can assure you I was meticulous in my analysis of either side and no arguments were missed or disregarded in any way. But that debates over now.

MasterMe
12.21.2012 , 11:49 AM | #27
But that's the beauty of it, it tests the flexibility and adaptability of their power bases. The Kaggath Champion has to be able to manipulate his opponents and deal with unpredictable odds. Brute force isn't enough to win, and shouldn't be.
With that logic in mind, we can pretty much rule out Greivous as a winner in a Tri-battle. Brute force is about all he has.

Beniboybling
12.21.2012 , 11:52 AM | #28
With that logic in mind, we can pretty much rule out Greivous as a winner in a Tri-battle. Brute force is about all he has.
Well, that's a matter of opinion. As by second favourite STAR WARS character I'd disagree... he is up their with the tactical geniuses.

MasterMe
12.21.2012 , 11:55 AM | #29
Well, that's a matter of opinion. As by second favourite STAR WARS character I'd disagree... he is up their with the tactical geniuses.
Oh no. Last time Revan went up against one of your favorite Star Wars characters he lost. Crap.

You think he's (Greivous) a tactical genius? I disagree, but I'll wait for his Kaggath to decide that.

MasterMe
12.21.2012 , 11:59 AM | #30
Do you mind telling us what some of the rules are for the Tri-battle-Kaggaths? I've got some questions:
Can two sides become allies to defeat the other?
Can one of the participants sit back and watch the others fall?

I honestly think that both of these should be allowed. It's your call.