Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New expansion; Going to revamp talent trees?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New expansion; Going to revamp talent trees?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

byteresistor
12.21.2012 , 06:59 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by HammersteinSW View Post
Oh great, more abilities to clutter up my hotbars. You need to streamline and slim down the number of abilities, every class has several junk skills which could be turned into passives or could be merged with other skills.
You're crying about 1 new ability? Seriously?

DarthWalt
12.21.2012 , 07:44 AM | #42
Honestly as long as they dont do what WoW didnt forcing you to take X amount of point in a tree bfore you could put any in another I really dont see how this will be that big a deal.

Everyone seems to look at it like well look what they got or can do and forget you were given the advantages in your class now its your job to take the time to learn how to use it and not cry about what you think everyone else can do.

It so easy to cry nerf and OPed when you have very little understanding of your own class let alone someone elses.

Nanglez
12.21.2012 , 07:48 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWalt View Post
It so easy to cry nerf and OPed when you have very little understanding of your own class let alone someone elses.
Probably best thing I've read on these forums in ages.

Tweaked
12.21.2012 , 07:50 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Fleurdelis View Post
I hope they dont revamp the talent tree. Thats the biggest problem i had with wow. Every expansion they changed the tree and you had to learn to build and play your toon from scratch.
Actually this sounds ideal to me. Keeps things fresh.

Tweaked
12.21.2012 , 07:52 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWalt View Post
Honestly as long as they dont do what WoW didnt forcing you to take X amount of point in a tree bfore you could put any in another I really dont see how this will be that big a deal.

Everyone seems to look at it like well look what they got or can do and forget you were given the advantages in your class now its your job to take the time to learn how to use it and not cry about what you think everyone else can do.

Are... are our Forum posters growing more intelligent and civil? You are restoring my faith in Forum based discussion.

Tweaked
12.21.2012 , 07:55 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by byteresistor View Post
You're crying about 1 new ability? Seriously?
Some classes (like Gunslinger) do seem to suffer some level of ability bloat. When you have 3 hot-bars of abilities that you actively use and a fourth hot-bar of abilities that go unused. That IS somewhat cumbersome.

On the flip side there is Commando which has like 5 abilities in total that get used at 50.

so, yeah.

Trim a little bloat here, make some things passive and add some better abilities there and i think it would be a benefit long term.

rbkrbk
01.10.2013 , 03:01 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We know you're all very interested to hear about how the new level cap is going to affect your class, and I wanted to share a little information about the upcoming changes with you. As part of the new content, every skill tree will be expanding and you can expect significant updates. Players will earn a new skill point with each level, and new skills will be available in each skill tree. Additionally, a new active ability will be introduced for each Advanced Class. We'll have more details about many aspects of Rise of the Hutt Cartel as we approach launch, so keep your eyes on the website and dev tracker!
Just out of curiosity, will these new "Active Abilities" for each advanced class be available for unlock through the legacy system? What I mean is, will they work like the Class Buffs now, where, once you reach Act 2 on a certain class, you unlock that class' buff for all your other characters?
"The Old Republic is in EA’s top 10 franchises in terms of profitability, “but it’s not in our top five”. “So it’s a business contributor, while important, is not as important as Medal of Honor or Battlefield or FIFA or Madden or The Sims or SimCity..."
- John Riccitiello, CEO, Electronic Arts

rbkrbk
01.10.2013 , 03:03 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Tweaked View Post
Actually this sounds ideal to me. Keeps things fresh.
I agree. Figuring out a way to play your class at optimum levels adds another layer of "gaming" to the game. It's akin to RTS games, where once someone finds a counter a certain strategy, you need to re-evaluate and counter the counter. Ok...it's not EXACTLY like that, but it's along the same lines.
"The Old Republic is in EA’s top 10 franchises in terms of profitability, “but it’s not in our top five”. “So it’s a business contributor, while important, is not as important as Medal of Honor or Battlefield or FIFA or Madden or The Sims or SimCity..."
- John Riccitiello, CEO, Electronic Arts

AshlaBoga
01.10.2013 , 03:27 PM | #49
I have 1 of every AC (not counting Mirrors in-game).

The only ones that seem to clutter my bars are
A) DPS Operative (the healer Operative has a much simpler rotation) - 3.5 bars not counting adrenals and medpacs.
B).... I only need 3 bars for 7/8 so I guess just DPS ops

People who say the bars are cluttered are using abilities that are not viable for maximal efficiency.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption