Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to be of use to the team in huttball

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How to be of use to the team in huttball

Belly
12.20.2012 , 09:48 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Dnepr View Post
If I have to say don't stand on the ledge by the pit one more time.....NERD RAAAAAAGE!!!!

..and please, get ahead of the ball handler. Pass, baby, pass.
If I got a cartel coin for every time i've had to say, don't let them leap to you, only to watch the Juggernaut leap to them a couple minutes later and waltz into the end zone, i'd have every rare item in the market!
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Capt_Beers
12.20.2012 , 10:33 AM | #12
KeithStones Guide to Playing Huttball:

- Remember the high ground is key. Always stand on the edge of your goal pew pewing into the pit. It's not like anyone can jump to you.

- Goals are for lameos who play soccer kills are what this game is all about.

- Passes are for weaklings. You saved your respective faction, you can certainly handle these 8 goobers.

- It's cold in the Huttball arena stick close to the fire.

- There is no such thing as too many stuns. As soon as you see that ball carrier unleash all your CC's at once.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

ClarkNineCD
12.20.2012 , 11:07 AM | #13
Similarly to strategic stuns/ccs, try not to use your CC breaker when you are not full resolve. This is extremely important, to me, as a ballcarrier (to get out of fire, to get out of stunlock and a quick pass just as I die...etc). As I have a cleanse (sage) I rarely use my breaker for roots or slows unless I'm a step from the goal line and cleanse is on gcd.

One thing I've tossed out if I see people scattered about fighting is: If you are bent on just fighting people (usually in a hurry so I don't add "and ignore trying to actually win the match"), at least do it in the middle to help control the ball.

Props to the OP for making an informative and helpful thread, and to those that keep adding good info. I've seen more of these (at the top) lately and am glad to see people either refresh old tips or post new ones on the forums.

MindgameZ
12.20.2012 , 12:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Gnoblesse View Post
If you have any sort of enemy pull on your team....PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. You will white bar him before your team's defensive pullers will get in range for a pull. Don't stun people in random places...save their resolve for when they're trying to cross fire traps, or for fire pulls if you have them.

This may be what you're trying to say - but the way it's written, it sounds like you're saying "wait for the first stun to wear off, then stun him again." Not a good idea.
no no , im talking about on major areas where the ball handler would be stunned , next to your goal , On the fire pits , in the pool , ect
DPS-We Deliver
-WeAreRandom 50 Focus Sent--WeAreKnights 37 Shadow 23/1/17- -WeArePaladens 11 Jedi Guardian Focus- WeAreAssasinators 20 Concealment Op-

MindgameZ
12.20.2012 , 12:52 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I'd question the "stay near the ball carrier" one, only in that don't stay *too* near the ball carrier. I'd say, stay near enough for a pass, but get out in front of him/her. If everyone is staying right beside the carrier trying to DPS down or CC the enemy that's attacking her, and the ball carrier tries to pass... well, everyone, including the enemy, is all right there in a pile. It'll be anyone's guess who the ball goes to when the pass happens.

Even as a tank, with my guard on the carrier, I try to run ahead of them. Granted, my health might be dropping right along with theirs, but in some PUGs I'm the only person they'll have in range to pass to.
Yes i realize there are many other things i left out , but keep in mind this is for pugs and i try to keep it as simple as possible for the f2pers and he players who only subscribed at f2p. aka bads
DPS-We Deliver
-WeAreRandom 50 Focus Sent--WeAreKnights 37 Shadow 23/1/17- -WeArePaladens 11 Jedi Guardian Focus- WeAreAssasinators 20 Concealment Op-

Gnoblesse
12.20.2012 , 10:40 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MindgameZ View Post
no no , im talking about on major areas where the ball handler would be stunned , next to your goal , On the fire pits , in the pool , ect

Good to know. Thought that may have been what you meant, but it kind of read differently.