Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE class balance needs to be tighter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
PvE class balance needs to be tighter

SoonerJBD
12.02.2012 , 10:51 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
If you look at the math inspiration/bloodthrist isnt quite as strong as you would think. Let say during a burst phase all 4 dps are pushing 2k dps, so a total of 8k dps total. BT adds 15% for 15 seconds, so it adds 1200 dps.... for a grand total of 18k more damage, which isnt game breaking imo.
That 18k can easily be the difference in some burst phases. Consider the battlewalker on EC HM Kephess. Having at least one Sentinel/Marauder on this fight is a HUGE advantage if your group is at all close on DPS.

MantorokTwelve
12.07.2012 , 01:00 PM | #12
A concealment op and hybrid sorc were keeping up with a mara and merc in the NM EC I was in this week. You can keep up, you just need to know your class.

Marak
12.09.2012 , 03:58 PM | #13
Anecdotal evidence, sans data no less, is not useful to the discussion.

My op can pull 1700 dps. I know maras in NM EC that barely pull that. I also know maras that pull 2k+

A 300 dps difference is kind of huge.
Cag - Juggernaut | V'ae - Sorcerer | V'ay - Mercenary
<The Jyse Legacy (50)> | Jedi Covenant
Aenik - Assassin | Vhay - Operative | K'rie - Sniper | Vhae - Marauder

STRATTNUTTZ
12.11.2012 , 01:45 AM | #14
I am a Scrapper Scoundrel, and keep up with every DPS class, and at times surpass them. However... If I make one MISTAKE, on my energy management/rotation, I am screwed. I just believe the Scrapper/Scoundrel Spec to be the most challenging and fun class to play. I also have an Operative that has the exact same spec (Vibro Knifes are very cool to).

Riggz
12.15.2012 , 10:56 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MantorokTwelve View Post
A concealment op and hybrid sorc were keeping up with a mara and merc in the NM EC I was in this week. You can keep up, you just need to know your class.
I'm being serious when I say I'd like to see their gear/rotations so I can learn how to do that. My op is a healer but it would be nice to do something In a raid that's not healing. Every time I go dps I have to dust off my sorc when I would rather go with my op

Also - I use leahtilty as my dps spec, is that ok or derpy
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

Mahael
12.19.2012 , 11:25 AM | #16
I probably won't get a lot of love for this statement in this thread, but it was my understanding when I pre-ordered this game that Bioware would focus on PVP balance first. Op/Sc has seen it's damage abilities nerfed in the early patches because they were packing to much of a burst in PVP. Ideally they would be able to balance both. If PVE balance has to suffer to keep PVP as balanced as it can be, such is life in this mmo imo.
POT5
Ma'Hael Nae'Blis (Sith Assassin PVP/PVE Tank)
CaŻthon Nae'Blis (Scoundrel PVP/PVE Healer)

Codle
12.19.2012 , 11:37 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Mahael View Post
it was my understanding when I pre-ordered this game that Bioware would focus on PVP balance first.
Myself, and many others in fact, expected the game to be more PvE driven, since the main selling point has been the story. Apparently Bioware said this at some point as well (so I've heard from people on forums) but please don't take my word for that as I have absolutely nothing more than word of mouth to support that. Since it's such a story-driven game, it follows that they'd focus more on PvE balance than on PvP balance, or should do anyway. Saying that, they don't seem to have kept balance anywhere near the 5% that they claimed they were aiming for in either PvE or PvP.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mahael View Post
If PVE balance has to suffer to keep PVP as balanced as it can be, such is life in this mmo imo.
1) If they ruined PvE balance consistently for PvP they would ruin themselves even more. Most people play this game for story and PvE in my experience. I don't deny there are plenty that do play PvP though.
2) Due to the nature of this game, PvE balance > PvP balance and it should always be that way. Sacrificing PvE for PvP is simply not fair at all.

TL;DR - PvE is more of a focus for SWTOR than PvP. As such, PvE balance should not suffer for the sake of PvP balance.
The Red Eclipse - Khaar Legacy
'Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot.'

R.I.P. OPOD

MelliMelon
12.20.2012 , 10:22 PM | #18
I hear a lot of people basically saying L2P. I would like to see a scoundrel push significantly higher than 1700 in a 5 minute parse. Show me a parse. Highest I've hit is 1650 in either spec. Augmented, optimized dread guard/campaign.

And yes, we used a sage DPS for the first 3 NiM EC bosses. He then switched to his lesser geared vanguard and it was insanely easier.

OlosBC
12.25.2012 , 12:58 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MelliMelon View Post
I hear a lot of people basically saying L2P. I would like to see a scoundrel push significantly higher than 1700 in a 5 minute parse. Show me a parse. Highest I've hit is 1650 in either spec. Augmented, optimized dread guard/campaign.

And yes, we used a sage DPS for the first 3 NiM EC bosses. He then switched to his lesser geared vanguard and it was insanely easier.
Heh yep. I run my sorc as main now. Recently have been gearing out my ptech. Sorc is not quite full DG, ptech is not quite full BH and parsing about the same on bosses even with making many resource errors.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

Skiritai
12.31.2012 , 05:22 PM | #20
This is an easy fix, make all classes exact same skills, just different image. Class that shoots, just shoots light sabres instead. Done.