Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

Beniboybling
12.20.2012 , 04:35 PM | #361
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Hurray! How does it feel to have one of the rare threads in Star Wars Discussion that grow to be longer than a Revan thread?
It feels great!

I love the fact that Revan always stirs such debate. You should do An-In Depth look at Revan fanboism

Aurbere
12.20.2012 , 04:37 PM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
It feels great!

I love the fact that Revan always stirs such debate. You should do An-In Depth look at Revan fanboism
I would, but my last Revan thread stirred up the hornets nest. My anti-Revanfanboy ability is still on cooldown. Give it a week or two and it'll be ready.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
12.20.2012 , 04:38 PM | #363
I would, but my last Revan thread stirred up the hornets nest. My anti-Revanfanboy ability is still on cooldown. Give it a week or two and it'll be ready.
Lol, definitely a good idea. You may have to wait a little long though. Revan is set to return in the Kaggath Tournament... (prays he won't end up against Traya again)

Aurbere
12.20.2012 , 04:41 PM | #364
Lol, definitely a good idea. You may have to wait a little long though. Revan is set to return in the Kaggath Tournament... (prays he won't end up against Traya again)
Lol, yeah. I am patiently awaiting to hear who wins this battle and what the Kaggath Tournament matches are going to be.

Revan vs. General Grievous maybe? If you're doing a winners/losers bracket, that would be your best bet.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
12.20.2012 , 04:43 PM | #365
Lol, yeah. I am patiently awaiting to hear who wins this battle and what the Kaggath Tournament matches are going to be.

Revan vs. General Grievous maybe? If you're doing a winners/losers bracket, that would be your best bet.
The brackets have been decided, I'm sure you'll like them.

MasterMe
12.20.2012 , 04:44 PM | #366
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
A little of topic, but I think...

...that's not true. The Republic did stop the Empire's advance in the midrim. The Empire changed it's tactic by including Mandalorians who blockaded crucial trade route(s). After the Mandalorian Blockade was broken, the Empire had basically lost all it's advantages and was on even match with the Republic. In this situation Revan could convince the Emperor to seek peace (which included sacking Coruscant during the negotiations to get better terms).

IMO without the treaty of Coruscant we would have a decades long war of attrition which would have wrecked both, Republic and Empire.

(But, of course, the Republic wasn't weak at the beginning of the GGW.)
That's not what Revan said.

MasterMe
12.20.2012 , 04:47 PM | #367
Ding Ding Ding!
Longest Kaggath Thread Ever!
HAZA!!!

CONGRATZ!!
lol

Aurbere
12.20.2012 , 04:48 PM | #368
The brackets have been decided, I'm sure you'll like them.
Darn you! The anticipation is overwhelming!

I'm going to say this now: No matter who Revan goes up against (Tyber Zahn, Grievous, Plagueis etc.), that thread is going to be just as long as the Traya/Revan battle. If not longer.

MasterMe
12.20.2012 , 04:48 PM | #369
LOL

Seriously. That'd be a bad idea. That's like asking for a heated debate. I must warn you that if you do such a thing I might have to make a:
In depth look at: Anti-Revan peoples

lol I'm not kidding.

Vacarius
12.20.2012 , 04:49 PM | #370
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
That's not what Revan said.
The class stories and the trailers seem to support Maaruin's idea, a blitzkrieg from the SE initially followed by strong Republic comebacks like Bothawui and Alderaan leading to peace negotiations before the sacking of Coruscant.

While I think Revan was an amazing character in the KOTORs, he's not the most stable of people in our game
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council