Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

Beniboybling
12.20.2012 , 04:16 PM | #351
Quote: Originally Posted by Vacarius View Post
Entirely relevant, as HKs were the inspiration for future assassin droids and thus well known in those circles (Sidious, Moffs, miltary screenlists, etc). Also, HK-47 is in Star Wars Galaxies (1 ABY I think) so that reinforces the notion that those interested know about the HKs.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm........... perhaps, but really I don't think being able to recognize a HK unit is going to give them much of an edge. They'll be like "hey looks its our demise! arghh!"

Aurbere
12.20.2012 , 04:17 PM | #352
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
hmmmmmmmmmmmm........... perhaps, but really I don't think being able to recognize a HK unit is going to give them much of an edge. They'll be like "hey looks its our demise! arghh!"
Don't you mean "It's a trap!"
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe
12.20.2012 , 04:20 PM | #353
Entirely relevant, as HKs were the inspiration for future assassin droids and thus well known in those circles (Sidious, Moffs, miltary screenlists, etc). Also, HK-47 is in Star Wars Galaxies (1 ABY I think) so that reinforces the notion that those interested know about the HKs. The first one might get through since they're not expecting it though.
Regardless, the fact that the Empire created THAT many quality droids implies that they're capable of doing it again. Does that make since? I'm saying that the SE can repeat this, or, at the very least, this means the Empire knows how to make quality droids.

I see no reason why they can't just begin making another ship-full of HKs.

Beniboybling
12.20.2012 , 04:21 PM | #354
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Don't you mean "It's a trap!"
lol, yes of course
Correction:

- KILL KILL KILL - Its a trap!

Vacarius
12.20.2012 , 04:25 PM | #355
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Regardless, the fact that the Empire created THAT many quality droids implies that they're capable of doing it again. Does that make since? I'm saying that the SE can repeat this, or, at the very least, this means the Empire knows how to make quality droids.

I see no reason why they can't just begin making another ship-full of HKs.
Well, the impression I gained from doing the quest was that the empire found the HKs and put them on a ship. Hk-51s were from KOTOR 2 time, 300 years before the SE's invasion so that reinforces the idea.

In reply to Beni, well yeah, that first moff is toast Once they realise the threat, the remaining HKs won't be able to do as much. I'm not saying they'll do nothing, just that their overall impact won't be game changing.
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

Aurbere
12.20.2012 , 04:27 PM | #356
Well, the impression I gained from doing the quest was that the empire found the HKs and put them on a ship. Hk-51s were from KOTOR 2 time, 300 years before the SE so that reinforces the idea.

In reply to Beni, well yeah, that first moff is toast Once they realise the threat, the remaining HKs won't be able to do as much. I'm not saying they'll do nothing, just that their overall impact won't be game changing.
I think you may be right. IIRC, the Empire found the droids. So they didn't make them. That is off of memory. Only did Section X and all of that once.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Vacarius
12.20.2012 , 04:33 PM | #358
Ding Ding Ding!
Longest Kaggath Thread Ever!
Well, it was an excellent match-up
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

Maaruin
12.20.2012 , 04:33 PM | #359
A little of topic, but I think...

Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I think the SE would have won if not for the Treaty of Coruscant. Remember: Revan decieved Vitiate into believing that the treaty was what was best. If the SE had continued its assault, I think they would have won.
...that's not true. The Republic did stop the Empire's advance in the midrim. The Empire changed it's tactic by including Mandalorians who blockaded crucial trade route(s). After the Mandalorian Blockade was broken, the Empire had basically lost all it's advantages and was on even match with the Republic. In this situation Revan could convince the Emperor to seek peace (which included sacking Coruscant during the negotiations to get better terms).

IMO without the treaty of Coruscant we would have a decades long war of attrition which would have wrecked both, Republic and Empire.

(But, of course, the Republic wasn't weak at the beginning of the GGW.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Aurbere
12.20.2012 , 04:33 PM | #360
Ding Ding Ding!
Longest Kaggath Thread Ever!
Hurray! How does it feel to have one of the rare threads in Star Wars Discussion that grow to be longer than a Revan thread?