Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

Slugamaniac's Avatar


Slugamaniac
12.20.2012 , 12:42 PM | #161
Ok, slightly off topic regarding skipping bosses but a tie in with bad behavior in flashpoints in general:

As of late it seems that lower level players love to need on thing that YOUR character needs and they have absolutely no use for. A couple weeks ago I was running Athiss on my marauder had a sorcerer need on a single hand strength light saber off the final boss. Today while running Hammer Station on my bounty hunter, I had another sorcerer need on a heavy helm with aim on it off the final boss. Both items were upgrades for the toons I was running with and neither of the players who snagged the items responded when I asked them why they needed on the respective items.

Needless to say both of these clowns went on my ignore lists on each of those toons. Knowing what most of you probably already know about what your companions can/can't use or even when you pick them up, why the hell are people being this stupid or being blatant jerks about what they need on?
The Last Centurions - The Madhi Legacy - The Harbinger
Slugfest Slugtrooper Slugconsular Slackfest Slugshadow Slugfeast
Slugagent Slugwarrior Slughunter Slugsorcerer Slugassassin Slackmeister

anthemambient's Avatar


anthemambient
12.20.2012 , 01:12 PM | #162
Thing is, the majority often overrules the minority when running HMs. I have run many HMs pretty easily as a Sage, and during those times I usually gave the tank lead [ if I know none of the other three have never run said HM, I take lead ] with all the responsibility of skipping or not. I remember very clearly one DPS got furious and kept asking not to skip BOI HM. I said it was up to tank. Tank responded by skipping. DPS then left.

I usually ask in beginning if they want to skip bosses as this saves considerable time. If not, then I'm fine with it.
Romans 12:21 .. exception to this is my Sage.

Theodulus's Avatar


Theodulus
12.20.2012 , 01:26 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Slugamaniac View Post
Ok, slightly off topic regarding skipping bosses but a tie in with bad behavior in flashpoints in general:

As of late it seems that lower level players love to need on thing that YOUR character needs and they have absolutely no use for. A couple weeks ago I was running Athiss on my marauder had a sorcerer need on a single hand strength light saber off the final boss. Today while running Hammer Station on my bounty hunter, I had another sorcerer need on a heavy helm with aim on it off the final boss. Both items were upgrades for the toons I was running with and neither of the players who snagged the items responded when I asked them why they needed on the respective items.

Needless to say both of these clowns went on my ignore lists on each of those toons. Knowing what most of you probably already know about what your companions can/can't use or even when you pick them up, why the hell are people being this stupid or being blatant jerks about what they need on?
This behavior is now the norm not the occasional exception. In every group finder pop I also seem to get pseudo powertech tanks without shield generators and outfitted in the yellow mandalorian raiders armor. None of these needers seems to speak English until you initiate a vote kick. The pseudo tanks may think they can need on anything without consequences. I don't let that go because I explain that my 13.5k hp BiS lvl 32 Kaliyo is probably going to be a better tank than their 4k hp pseudo tank and that I could probably solo most of the flashpoint with this companion if I wanted to.

This game breaking behavior did start with F2P. It seems many of these F2P players actually bought a sub because 50% of these ninjas can trade when called out on their behavior. I don't believe these people are longtime subbers since you should probably have a level 50 by now that could feed loads of cash to your alts.

Twolightsabers's Avatar


Twolightsabers
12.21.2012 , 04:07 AM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
There has always been some kind of mobskipping in either small or large scale in flashpoints but the latest trend is simply wrong.
It seems that teams doing flashpoints skip some of the bosses and have no respect for the ones that are signing up to get better gear.
Please respect the players that join flashpoints with groupfinder to gear up, it is enough to wait for ages for them to pop.
Alternatively Bioware could make the flashpoint not complete unless all bosses are dead (the way it should be)
Thoughts?
Is it fair to ignore players in the team that needs gear and steamroll through the flashpoint not listening at all?
No it's not wrong. If you want to see the story, do all bosses, etc then go in guild. BW just introduced a welfare system as it is giving all 50's a free set of Tier 1 gear that most of us had to work for back in the day. It's fascinating to see people who think skippers "have no respect" for them, yet have zero issue with making people who have done these FPs dozens of times and need nothing but the comms sit through every convo without spacebaring, kill literally every extraeneous mob and do obsolete bosses for gear that's made redundant or worse by the new welfare system.

Making a FP incomplete until all bosses are dead is both a joke and an insult. What happens when you get a group of horrid pugs (don't laugh, they're out there in droves with F2P now) who can't kill a boss? Then you're just ff-d. Hard as it may be to believe, some people don't have a ton of time to spend grinding the same FPs over and over and some have to do several a day and don't want it to be an all day extravaganza.

You want thoughts so here's one: how about those players who have done said FPs more times then they can count automatically receive 5 BH comms upon logging in once per day? It eliminates the need for them to carry people and allows you to do the FPs with like-minded and poorly-geared people who can then kill anything and everything that moves till your heart's content. Everybody wins!

kregora's Avatar


kregora
12.21.2012 , 04:30 AM | #165
I usually have no problem with people skipping bosses in any hardmode flashpoint.
The main reason for it is
a) my gear is better than anything that drops
b) the gear looks as crappy as columi or rakata

To be honest, I hate skipping any boss in a storymode flashpoint, because they at least drop more unique looking gear, that allows me, to have my character look different than any other level character of my class.
Trini, Nuru Aka'ula Amexia Elvire, Greer

MaximusRex's Avatar


MaximusRex
12.21.2012 , 03:26 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by Satedbuffalo View Post
I have no problem with this practice at all. Skipping bosses and as much trash as possible means better gear, faster.
You don't get the gear faster, you only get the reward once per day. You might get it with less time invested in playing the game.

Zamppa's Avatar


Zamppa
12.22.2012 , 07:59 AM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Twolightsabers View Post
You want thoughts so here's one: how about those players who have done said FPs more times then they can count automatically receive 5 BH comms upon logging in once per day? It eliminates the need for them to carry people and allows you to do the FPs with like-minded and poorly-geared people who can then kill anything and everything that moves till your heart's content. Everybody wins!
I have even a better idea! Lets ask BioWare to give you a free set of Black Hole gear right here and now so you don't have to whine so much. "I want it all and I want it now" describes you so well, just as Queen sings.
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris

thewitchdoctor's Avatar


thewitchdoctor
12.22.2012 , 01:10 PM | #168
I normally don't care either way. If the majority want to do a speed run, fine. If the majority want a certain boss, whatever.

My problem is when people are so stubborn in their attempt to not fight something that we wind up spending more time running back after a pointless wipe.

My favourite SWTOR HM FP PUG memory is the "tank" who, while trying to skip trash, managed to pull the Mon Calamari boss in ... Boarding Party? ... they all blend into one now ... and just kept running around in a circle. He said his reasoning was so he wouldn't get hit. He then raged and quit the group. It gave a laugh at least. In that Picard-worthy /facepalm sort of way.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
Active: 55 Marauder - 55 Powertech - 55 Guardian
Leveling: Sorcerer
Inactive: 55 Assassin

JohnNightWalker's Avatar


JohnNightWalker
12.22.2012 , 02:36 PM | #169
Its no problem for me. You know, its normal - HM is all about skipping. If you want story go in story mode. HM is for farming, thats what i think.

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
12.22.2012 , 03:05 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnNightWalker View Post
Its no problem for me. You know, its normal - HM is all about skipping. If you want story go in story mode. HM is for farming, thats what i think.
Does that include the last boss in HM Taral V that is skippable but drops columni hands?

Is it mandatory for you to skip that boss or do you listen if anyone wants to kill it?