Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My taste of the novel Annihilation(SPOILER)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
My taste of the novel Annihilation(SPOILER)

Jandi
12.01.2012 , 04:04 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
Jokes are things that are funny, right?
A joke is an objective concept. Funny is a subjective one. Whether a joke is funny or not to you has no bearing on it being a joke or not.

I mean, look at what the English call humour. It's called British humour because only they find it even remotely funny.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Ausstig
12.01.2012 , 04:34 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
A joke is an objective concept. Funny is a subjective one. Whether a joke is funny or not to you has no bearing on it being a joke or not.

I mean, look at what the Australians call humour. It's called Aussie humour because only they find it even remotely funny.
Fixed it for yay, Spetic me mate
Have Force lightning will travel

captaincr
12.11.2012 , 03:51 PM | #63
I had higher hopes for this novel given the writer, but it just came across as lazy.

After about the first half of the novel the potentially interesting characters on the Empire side in Darth Marr and the minister of logistics vanished.

It would have been nice to see Marr and Davidage after the Imperial defeat so we could get a sense of how desparate the Empire had become.

Instead its pretty much all Republic all the time.

Darth Karrid or whatever her name was, was just just terribly written, she comes across as a phycho instead of a Sith Lord, she has one gerat moment earlier in the Novel, but then is just terrible through the rest.

It was just a unevenly written novel and the character development was poor, the sad thing is that its not the worst Star Wars book out there.

Right now the OR game based nveols are being lead by Deveived which was fairly well written and captured a lot of what we think a Sith is.

KryptikX
12.12.2012 , 12:14 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
Lucas notes about him are canon above anything else anyway
I'm sure Disney will come up with something interesting...
Adapt or Die

DarthRamette
12.17.2012 , 05:35 PM | #65
Here is my take, I just got done reading it last night.

I liked the start, the whole Saatele Shan having a kid was interesting. Was rather pissed that Darth Gravus got screwed over in general and so early in the book. There was no need for him to die and the Fallen woman just irked me to no end. I felt there was a bit too much Theron all around but i liked Gnost-Dural

Would liked to seen more of the Dark Council and even the Minster of Logistics, especially at the end of the book. . It was all Republic in that book and that took away from it. Overall not a very well written book, seemed like the author just threw stuff together on paper and that was it, lazy writing. Would give 2 stars out of 5 at most. I am now reading the Darth Malgus book and so far its ok.

maxetius
12.17.2012 , 06:41 PM | #66
Quote:
Overall not a very well written book
This. So much this.

DarthRamette
12.17.2012 , 06:49 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
This. So much this.
That was the worse part, the poor writing. I thought the storyline could have had so much done with it but it sucked.

_Darkstar
12.18.2012 , 10:26 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Exactly I thought the war is going to be more balanced going back and forth between the two sides but bioware seems to just want the republic hammer the empire into dust. I said in another thread if it keeps going like this empire players are going to start to leave since they will start to feel their stories are meaningless.
Nothing in the game shows me that my actions did anything for good or bad (Actually the game pretty much shows me that nothing happens no matter what I do), and that goes for either side. I couldn't care less how many crappy fanboy books are written outside of the game (I love the irony of people complaining about the Cartel Market when they also buy these crappy novels), it is the next update that will make the actions seem good or bad.

Empire players are not going to quit the game over a book for the fanboys that most people won't read and even less will care about.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

DarthRamette
12.19.2012 , 07:55 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
Nothing in the game shows me that my actions did anything for good or bad (Actually the game pretty much shows me that nothing happens no matter what I do), and that goes for either side. I couldn't care less how many crappy fanboy books are written outside of the game (I love the irony of people complaining about the Cartel Market when they also buy these crappy novels), it is the next update that will make the actions seem good or bad.

Empire players are not going to quit the game over a book for the fanboys that most people won't read and even less will care about.
Well good for you, some of us enjoy the books and were disappointed by this one. For the most part I have enjoyed the SW books and thought them well written, which was not what happened here. If you don't give a toss about the book then don't post here.

yoomazir
01.24.2013 , 06:55 PM | #70
Kinda necroing this thread, but it's just that I discovered that most of the main characters in the novel were already present in a previous comic book.

The thing is, the relation between the hero and the twilek chick (as you can see I have already forgotten their names) in the novel doesn't reflect at all the same attitude from the comic.

More seriously, come on Drew, you can do better than that!