Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
12.18.2012 , 08:23 AM | #2421
Quote: Originally Posted by EverSteam View Post
Ok. This is really nerve racking but here I go... (does this ever get any easier??)
Slightly easier, but I still end up swearing at myself every time I post a story cause I'm scared no one will like it .

Ack, these two, I'm all emotional over these two. Love Torian's comment about redheads hehe. And she hurts my heart, all pointy edges outside and vulnerable inside.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
12.18.2012 , 08:47 AM | #2422
Yes and no. Then there's the refreshing-the-page-twelve-times-in-an-hour hoping someone commented and that they liked what you wrote. Or maybe that's just me

I do like the sort of poking around the edges going on here. How, exactly, do hedgehogs fall in love when they're all pr*ckly on the outside?

(And why for heaven's sake does the profanity filter censor "pr*ckly"??? Argh!)

iamthehoyden
12.18.2012 , 09:23 AM | #2423
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Yes and no. Then there's the refreshing-the-page-twelve-times-in-an-hour hoping someone commented and that they liked what you wrote. Or maybe that's just me
Thank goodness I'm not the only one that does that
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
12.18.2012 , 09:33 AM | #2424
When I ignore BH game plot elements (and, for that matter, certain content advisories), it's not because I hate the writers. I promise!

@QwibQwib I love seeing Keeper annoyed by the billion annoyances of his job. I really do. I don't actually remember whether he had any reactions in game to my [Flirt]ing with everything in possession of a pulse...pity, I'd have loved to hear that VA have a go at additional icy disapproval with a side of Keeper's trademark angryface. (Oh, wait - he did have one very stiff "When you're quite finished" after I hit on Watcher Two, but that may have been provoked by Watcher Two/Kaliyo sniping as much as my inappropriate advances. The man gets to herd cats for a living...)

(P.S. I have infinite love for Agent/Warrior pairings.)

@iamthehoyden, aiee, hands. That's a devastating mindstate Also that was way not something I should've been reading at work, so far as having any concentration whatsoever afterward goes. Wow, I love how that went.

@irishfino I believe I mentioned that your Vette/Quinn first impression is my favorite Ald!verse story yet. "Kill the Twi'lek first"...perfect planning, Quinn, my boy XD

@EverSteam, bated breath was actually involved in reading this. Wonderful tension. And I know so little about Torian thanks to the fact that almost all his stories are bound up in BH spoilers one way or another; he seems intriguing.

...rather than mashing F5 on this thread, I keep instant-email notification up. And keep a live-updating email window open at all times, you know, just in case.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

irishfino
12.18.2012 , 10:46 PM | #2425
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Fino, Aldra is so cute Very much Ald's daughter. (Not that Ald is cute...er...cause hot is different from cute? Oh dear...brain shutting down...)
Ald spends a lot of time with Aldra when he can. When he can't, he sends her letters reminding her to stay happy. If he has a freer moment, he calls her on the Holo and speaks with her for hours. He adores his little girl. And she's not his only kid. Heeheee.

Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
@ Irishfino: There are certain people who are both easy and amusing to annoy. Quinn is definitely one of those (in a totally *sshat kind of way). Interesting to think of Quinn as a dad.
Quinn would be so fun to tick off, it's insane. As for Quinn being a dad, I think he'd be a pretty decent one. I'm sure he's fairly open to his loved ones in private.

Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
@irishfino I believe I mentioned that your Vette/Quinn first impression is my favorite Ald!verse story yet. "Kill the Twi'lek first"...perfect planning, Quinn, my boy XD
It's the only logical choice he makes regarding the whole deal with the SW and the Transponder Station, lol.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
12.18.2012 , 10:55 PM | #2426
Double-post, yo!

Characters: Aldrdinar, the Silly Sith Warrior and Malavai Quinn
Universe: From Brute to Silly

Loyalty to the Son
Betrayal to the Sith

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

QwibQwib
12.19.2012 , 06:07 PM | #2427
Night of the Living Prompt: (Un)Invited Guests
Characters: Briel, Kaaste

Spoiler

Author's note
Spoiler
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"

QwibQwib
12.19.2012 , 06:20 PM | #2428
@Eversteam, Welcome to the thread! I just started posting, myself. And it does get easier. Though waiting for responses about your work is nervewracking as ever.

@Striges, Only 12 refreshes an hour? Try twice that! I swear, the number of views that must result from people like us!

@Ephemera, Keeper's VA is fantastic. It's part of why I love having an agent. And Warrior/Agent pairings are indeed amazing.

@Fino, The Quinn/Vette was pure gold. It's making me want to roll a second warrior just for Vette! As for that last story, did Aldrdinar slip truth serum in Quinn's tea? (I've been reading Quick Quinn Quotes :P)
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"

irishfino
12.20.2012 , 04:43 AM | #2429
Quote: Originally Posted by QwibQwib View Post
@Fino, The Quinn/Vette was pure gold. It's making me want to roll a second warrior just for Vette! As for that last story, did Aldrdinar slip truth serum in Quinn's tea? (I've been reading Quick Quinn Quotes :P)
Nope, no serum just some good old fashion "Please stop punching me in the face."

irishfino
12.20.2012 , 04:52 AM | #2430
Night of the Living Prompt: Uninvited Guest
Characters: Vette and Malavai Quinn
Universe: From Brute to Silly

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler