Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

Beniboybling

They would rebel because it appears that the Sith Empire is better because they are more opportunities for the aliens. Under the GE aliens were reduced to nothingness. SE may not be much better, but it is. It is pretty easy to assume that AT FIRST GLANCE the galaxy will predict SE to be the winner just for, as others have posted here, their Sith.

Also, they would not be destroyed by the GE. I am thinking more along the lines of Ord Mantell. The SE aids the natives in rebelling, then adopts them into Sith Empire space, granting protection.

Slavery was practiced highly in both Empires. But being an enslaved alien is much different than enslavING aliens, which is what GE did.

ALSO: The SE had a xenophobic tendency toward NON-HUMANOID aliens. Aliens such as Humans, Chiss, Duros, Kaleesh, Twi'leks, Aqualish, Zabraks and Sith Purebloods, were fine. GE was biased against all. This is another reason why aliens would join the SE, for sure the humanoid aliens.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Empire_(Post%E2%80%93Great_Hyperspace_War)#Society_and_culture

(Society and Culture)

The Sith Empire having Sith doesn't mean its an I-win button, it has already been debunked that the SE would win. GE isn't biased, already said that they did have non-humans in their ranks it just isn't very noticeable.

Examples being: Ampotem Za, Stafuv Rahz and Bentilais san Sk'ar

So clearly the Empire can tolerate non-humans within their ranks too. I just don't see the Empires recruiting any of them, given that they start at their full height.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Empire#Society_and_culture

"However, the cases of Ampotem Za, Stafuv Rahz and Bentilais san Sk'ar indicate that the Empire tolerated Non-huMans if they were willing to pledge loyalty to the Emperor."

Anyway, am done with this lets just end this right now and get a victor. This has gone on long enough.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I've been going through this thread with a fine toothcomb and a few things have come to mind.

1. I'm really slow at replying, I realise a lot of my big replies come pages after the topic has been discussed, sorry bout that. :p

2. A question to you all. We've discussed the Rebellion, but for the wrong reasons. Surely the fact that the GE was defeated by a Rebellion would imply that infighting is a major threat to the GE? Lets face it, everyone in the SE loves the Emperor, while everyone in the GE hates Sidious. So their gonna take any to overthrow the evil and oppressive galactic empire that they so despise. Rebellion that can be instigated by Imperial Intelligence etc.

Thoughts?

A question to you all. We've discussed the Rebellion, but for the wrong reasons. Surely the fact that the GE was defeated by a Rebellion would imply that infighting is a major threat to the GE? Lets face it, everyone in the SE loves the Emperor, while everyone in the GE hates Sidious. So their gonna take any to overthrow the evil and oppressive galactic empire that they so despise. Rebellion that can be instigated by Imperial Intelligence etc.

Thoughts?

This is what I was trying to get at with the whole alien thing. If the Rebellion, a small collection of senators and only a few worlds, were to gain that much support against the GE, imagine the support a whole SITH EMPIRE would get.

If the Sith Empire plays its cards right, along with help from the Imperial Intellegence (Cipher 9! :D ), and uses tactics like on Ord Mantell to a larger scale, it could very well crumble the Galactic Empire.

Edited by Warren-Stride

OK I've been going through this thread with a fine toothcomb and a few things have come to mind.

1. I'm really slow at replying, I realise a lot of my big replies come pages after the topic has been discussed, sorry bout that. :p

2. A question to you all. We've discussed the Rebellion, but for the wrong reasons. Surely the fact that the GE was defeated by a Rebellion would imply that infighting is a major threat to the GE? Lets face it, everyone in the SE loves the Emperor, while everyone in the GE hates Sidious. So their gonna take any to overthrow the evil and oppressive galactic empire that they so despise. Rebellion that can be instigated by Imperial Intelligence etc.

Thoughts?

You pretty much hit the head on the nail there. Infighting within the GE is gonna be a factor. I've got nothing to add.

Thoughts?

You don't think the SE wouldn't have infighting either? Cause they sure do, and really...the Rebellion was pretty much getting crushed and would have ended if not that they didn't get huge amounts of resources that equaled the playing field. The GE knows how to deal with Rebellions, they put down many before the Rebel Alliance was actually started its not something new to them, unlike the other Rebellions the Rebel Alliance was more organized unlike the rest which gave them a leg up.

The GE Intelligence, would also snuff out any Rebellion that may get started up.

Now can we just get an answer? This really is just getting tiresome now, wanna move on to other fights and what not.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Thoughts?

Yes, it is. GE and SE have huge problems with infighting. The thing is, the Rebellion did get so many support because people started to fight for their freedom. That's something the SE can't provide. And it also can't fool all the people that they can, look at what happens on Corellia in the game.

Also, don't forget the Empire (as late Republic) did deal with the staged seperatists.

On the other hand, I could see some Sith switching sides to Sidious. Sith don't seem to be as loyal as Moffs, but Sith are the backbone of the SE and Moffs are the backbone of the GE. Especially if Sidious forsees the plans of the Vitiate to eat them all and leakes them to selected individuals. (Btw. not everyone in the SE loves the Emperor. Many members in the DC have their own goals and supported a "might be fake"-Emperor's Voice because it served their own goals.)

But, maybe this Kaggath is decided by something different: It costs too much lifes and Vitiate manages to succeed in his ritual....

Edited by Maaruin

It took Vader and Sidious actively creating the Rebel Alliance through Starkiller and his Jedi Master for them to rise up, hence the Rebellion symbol being the Marek family crest, it's not something that just sprang up, the Empire's leaders actively created the threat in the first place.

It took Vader and Sidious actively creating the Rebel Alliance through Starkiller and his Jedi Master for them to rise up, hence the Rebellion symbol being the Marek family crest, it's not something that just sprang up, the Empire's leaders actively created the threat in the first place.

^This. Remember Bail Organa. "We need weapons and starships and people with the courage to use them."

A rebellion like the Rebel Alliance to Restore the Republic would never have risen without Vader and Sidious. The "leaders" were too scared to do anything real.

Keep in mind the Rebellion had basically gathered everything they had for Endor to ensure the second Death Star remained inoperable. The news that Palpatine himself was overseeing the operation only strengthened their resolve. It was a desperate, high risk gamble - they simply couldn't allow the threat of another Death Star to frighten the galaxy into submission. Even with the support of Ackbar and the Mon Calamari, they were losing, badly.

That said though, yes the Sith Empire had their own issues with infighting and rebellion, and it was equally widespread. On top of that, so many Sith Lords were pursuing private agendas rather then focusing on the war effort itself, which is a huge disadvantage to them compared to the Galactic Empire.

Palpatine was pretty much influencing the entire galaxy with an unparralelled form of battle meditation. That's a massive advantage that the Emperor can't match. Look at the battle for the Star Forge and the effect on the battle it had there in only a localised form - the Republic, horrendously outnumbered and outgunned, still managed to achieve a total victory over the surrounding fleet before Malak was even dead, giving them time to position their fleet right on top of the Star Forge itself unimpeded.

On a galactic scale against another galactic superpower, and combined with the fact that the Empire's training regime was focused around facing large armies in the field rather then opposing guerrila warfare, and the fact that they are highly experienced at it (Look at the entirety of the Clone Wars, and even the attack on Echo Base. When they know what they're up against and battles resemble traditional warface, the Empire shines) means that, yes, even against Sith the Stormtrooper Corps shines.

Also keep in mind that the Empire were pretty damn good at killing Jedi in the past. Luke has plot armour, so you can't really factor that in as a rebuttal.

The Sith Empire had a thousand years to prepare, sure...but they can still only field so many men from the planets they have. That limits their overall military power both on the ground and in space. The Galactic Empire on the other hand has...well, the whole galaxy at it's disposal, and the resources and infrastructure of the Republic that preceded it. They can field more men, more ships, they have more money to work with so they don't go bankrupt in the process, and they've got the advantage of experience in the field at conventional warfare. Finally, they have the influence of Palpatine himself, who has a massive effect on morale and efficiency which becomes even more effective in conventional warfare scenarios, where Palpatine knows where to focus his influence to be the most effective.

I'm not saying the Sith Emperor wouldn't put up a good fight - he would, he's definately going to give the Empire a massive shake-up - but in this theatre he can't win. He doesn't have the manpower to face a fully militarized Empire (The Republic tends to field much smaller armed forces in peacetime comparatively and has to rush to build up their forces again when a threat arises), his faction doesn't have the unified resolve in the higher echelons that the Galactic Empire does, his forces are comparatively greener and he's at a massive disadvantage due to Palpatine's influence over the galaxy.

And I know, yes yes, The Sith Emperor has his Sith and his one-man armies and whatnot, but your queen is pretty useless if you've got no pawns to work with. And this is definately a battle that would be decided in a major way by the pawns.

Yes, it is. GE and SE have huge problems with infighting. The thing is, the Rebellion did get so many support because people started to fight for their freedom. That's something the SE can't provide. And it also can't fool all the people that they can, look at what happens on Corellia in the game.

Also, don't forget the Empire (as late Republic) did deal with the staged seperatists.

On the other hand, I could see some Sith switching sides to Sidious. Sith don't seem to be as loyal as Moffs, but Sith are the backbone of the SE and Moffs are the backbone of the GE. Especially if Sidious forsees the plans of the Vitiate to eat them all and leakes them to selected individuals. (Btw. not everyone in the SE loves the Emperor. Many members in the DC have their own goals and supported a "might be fake"-Emperor's Voice because it served their own goals.)

But, maybe this Kaggath is decided by something different: It costs too much lifes and Vitiate manages to succeed in his ritual....

The SE has Moffs as well.

Vitiate can sway troops to his side just as easily as Sidious + he's a master at controlling people's minds.

BTW everybody: the people who are under the influence of Vitiate's mind control have a lot of power. Just looka at Vitiate's Bodyguard. The head bodyguard stood up to Lord Scourge (if I remember correctly). With that in mind, Vitiate can brainwash large numbers of people and then send them deep into GE to wreck the place up or steal info.

Keep in mind the Rebellion had basically gathered everything they had for Endor to ensure the second Death Star remained inoperable. The news that Palpatine himself was overseeing the operation only strengthened their resolve. It was a desperate, high risk gamble - they simply couldn't allow the threat of another Death Star to frighten the galaxy into submission. Even with the support of Ackbar and the Mon Calamari, they were losing, badly.

That said though, yes the Sith Empire had their own issues with infighting and rebellion, and it was equally widespread. On top of that, so many Sith Lords were pursuing private agendas rather then focusing on the war effort itself, which is a huge disadvantage to them compared to the Galactic Empire.

Palpatine was pretty much influencing the entire galaxy with an unparralelled form of battle meditation. That's a massive advantage that the Emperor can't match. Look at the battle for the Star Forge and the effect on the battle it had there in only a localised form - the Republic, horrendously outnumbered and outgunned, still managed to achieve a total victory over the surrounding fleet before Malak was even dead, giving them time to position their fleet right on top of the Star Forge itself unimpeded.

On a galactic scale against another galactic superpower, and combined with the fact that the Empire's training regime was focused around facing large armies in the field rather then opposing guerrila warfare, and the fact that they are highly experienced at it (Look at the entirety of the Clone Wars, and even the attack on Echo Base. When they know what they're up against and battles resemble traditional warface, the Empire shines) means that, yes, even against Sith the Stormtrooper Corps shines.

Also keep in mind that the Empire were pretty damn good at killing Jedi in the past. Luke has plot armour, so you can't really factor that in as a rebuttal.

The Sith Empire had a thousand years to prepare, sure...but they can still only field so many men from the planets they have. That limits their overall military power both on the ground and in space. The Galactic Empire on the other hand has...well, the whole galaxy at it's disposal, and the resources and infrastructure of the Republic that preceded it. They can field more men, more ships, they have more money to work with so they don't go bankrupt in the process, and they've got the advantage of experience in the field at conventional warfare. Finally, they have the influence of Palpatine himself, who has a massive effect on morale and efficiency which becomes even more effective in conventional warfare scenarios, where Palpatine knows where to focus his influence to be the most effective.

I'm not saying the Sith Emperor wouldn't put up a good fight - he would, he's definately going to give the Empire a massive shake-up - but in this theatre he can't win. He doesn't have the manpower to face a fully militarized Empire (The Republic tends to field much smaller armed forces in peacetime comparatively and has to rush to build up their forces again when a threat arises), his faction doesn't have the unified resolve in the higher echelons that the Galactic Empire does, his forces are comparatively greener and he's at a massive disadvantage due to Palpatine's influence over the galaxy.

And I know, yes yes, The Sith Emperor has his Sith and his one-man armies and whatnot, but your queen is pretty useless if you've got no pawns to work with. And this is definately a battle that would be decided in a major way by the pawns.

You make some good points. However I would like to point out that Vitiate's forces wouldn't be "green" in any way.

But I still disagree concerning the effectiveness of the Sith and the size comparison of the two Empires.

Concerning the Size of the SE: watch the timeline about the Battle of Bothuwai. I think a map on it displays the Empire and Republic controlling a ratio of 7/4 of the galaxy. That's a lot of galaxy the SE is controlling. It's not the ENTIRE galaxy, but it's a lot. That + all the Sith + Vitaite's brainwashing is what wins it for the SE in my opinion.

The SE has Moffs as well.

Vitiate can sway troops to his side just as easily as Sidious + he's a master at controlling people's minds.

BTW everybody: the people who are under the influence of Vitiate's mind control have a lot of power. Just looka at Vitiate's Bodyguard. The head bodyguard stood up to Lord Scourge (if I remember correctly). With that in mind, Vitiate can brainwash large numbers of people and then send them deep into GE to wreck the place up or steal info.

Yes, both have Moffs. I assumed that the Moffs on both side stay true to their allegiance. But the SE has a lot of Sith in their command chain. And most Sith will always follow their own goals. Palpatine would certainly convince some of them to join his side.

Vitiate has mid control, but it only works if he sees the person face to face once. After Palpatine notices that the troops he sends against the Emperor turn against him, he wouldn't send them anymore.

I'd say: If there is infighting, it will hurt the SE more than the GE. If there is no infighting... well, we already discussed this.

I usually like to support the underdogs in these threads, because then I have to convince myself as well as others.

That being said, I do think the Sith Empire is the underdog here. The Galactic Empire is just so.... HUGE. (Quantity over quality, anyone?)

The Kaggath comes down to the death of the person. Be the military strong or not, if there's infighting or not, there still has to be a plan to take down the leader.

I just don't see how the Sith Empire could kill Darth Sidious. :(

You make some good points. However I would like to point out that Vitiate's forces wouldn't be "green" in any way.

But I still disagree concerning the effectiveness of the Sith and the size comparison of the two Empires.

Concerning the Size of the SE: watch the timeline about the Battle of Bothuwai. I think a map on it displays the Empire and Republic controlling a ratio of 7/4 of the galaxy. That's a lot of galaxy the SE is controlling. It's not the ENTIRE galaxy, but it's a lot. That + all the Sith + Vitaite's brainwashing is what wins it for the SE in my opinion.

Well, I'm still not fully versed in this timeline, but before the invasion on the Republic what have the Sith Imperial forces faced in open combat? A thousand years of isolationalism is great for building up numbers, but they don't really have much field experience. The Empire's already fought and won a galactic conflict.

As for territories...I take it this is the map you're looking at? Ignore the labels.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u360/deaconx/SWTORMAPTheory.jpg

Anyway, looks more like a 6/4 split in favour of the Republic. Though keep in mind much of the Sith territory includes the Unknown Regions and Chiss space, which we know very little about. The Empire's only had that thousand years to explore and colonize new worlds in that area, so overall yes they owned a considerable chunk of the galaxy, but the Republic still has probably about 60-70% of the population.

And again, I think you're overestimating the Sith. Obviously there's conflicting sources on what can take a Force User down, but Movie canon's got Jedi Masters falling to troopers, so that's probably the most credible source we have for a similar scenario. The Empire still has the vast majority of manpower and experience, and Vitiat'ess mental influence I think is also being over-estimated. Yes, he can pretty much mind control someone, but we don't know much about the other mechanics around it (feel free to link me with some information if you do have it though)

Edited by GrimAce

I'm just going to pop in and say a few things concerning the Sith.

The Sith are not insta-win buttons. Remember Geonosis? The most powerful Jedi fought in that battle and they were almost all killed if not for Yoda. As powerful as Jedi like Mace Windu, Plo Koon, and Obi-Wan were, they wouldn't have lasted long against that army of droids.

Now picture an group of Sith (undoubtedly less powerful than those named above) doing battle against an army of Stormtroopers, heavy walkers, Dark Troopers etc. See the point? Against an overwhelming number of Imperial troops, the Sith army gets wiped out.

Edit: Not a few things I guess :p

Edited by Aurbere

The Sith are not insta-win buttons. Remember Geonosis? The most powerful Jedi fought in that battle and they were almost all killed if not for Yoda. As powerful as Jedi like Mace Windu, Plo Koon, and Obi-Wan were, they wouldn't have lasted long against that army of droids.

Now picture an group of Sith (undoubtedly less powerful than those named above) doing battle against an army of Stormtroopers, heavy walkers, Dark Troopers etc. See the point? Against an overwhelming number of Imperial troops, the Sith army gets wiped out.

To be fair, the majority of the Jedi deaths were in the Arena, where the Jedi were out-maneuvered, surrounded and outnumbered - and they put up a hell of a fight. But I do still agree that the usefulness of Sith on the battlefield is being over-estimated, especially against well trained and experienced Jedi killers like the Stormtrooper Corps.

Edited by GrimAce

To be fair, the majority of the Jedi deaths were in the Arena, where the Jedi were out-maneuvered, surrounded and outnumbered - and they put up a hell of a fight. But I do still agree that the usefulness of Sith on the battlefield is being over-estimated, especially against well trained and experienced Jedi killers like the Stormtrooper Corps.

Yeah, that was the point. The Stormtrooper corps is nearly limitless and the veterans are experienced with killing Jedi, specifically the 501st legion.

Well, I'm still not fully versed in this timeline, but before the invasion on the Republic what have the Sith Imperial forces faced in open combat? A thousand years of isolationalism is great for building up numbers, but they don't really have much field experience. The Empire's already fought and won a galactic conflict.

As for territories...I take it this is the map you're looking at? Ignore the labels.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u360/deaconx/SWTORMAPTheory.jpg

Anyway, looks more like a 6/4 split in favour of the Republic. Though keep in mind much of the Sith territory includes the Unknown Regions and Chiss space, which we know very little about. The Empire's only had that thousand years to explore and colonize new worlds in that area, so overall yes they owned a considerable chunk of the galaxy, but the Republic still has probably about 60-70% of the population.

And again, I think you're overestimating the Sith. Obviously there's conflicting sources on what can take a Force User down, but Movie canon's got Jedi Masters falling to troopers, so that's probably the most credible source we have for a similar scenario. The Empire still has the vast majority of manpower and experience, and Vitiat'ess mental influence I think is also being over-estimated. Yes, he can pretty much mind control someone, but we don't know much about the other mechanics around it (feel free to link me with some information if you do have it though)

Actually, that's not the map I was talking about. I'm unsure my 7/4 ratio is exact, but that's what I remember. I'd watch the video again, but it won't work for me. Could someone else watch the Battle of Bothuwai video and back me up on this?

As for the SE's soldier's experience, I was talking about there experience prior to fighting the Great Galactic War. The war was about 20-30 years long I think, and it would have created some wicked veterans. So the SE's soldiers are by no means green.

As for the heavy walkers and Dark Troopers you named: the SE has similar stuff. We've seen Imperial Tanks before. We've seen super-soldiers (Power Guards) and colassal war droids. The Empires are very similar except the GE is a bit bigger and the SE has Sith.

Actually, that's not the map I was talking about. I'm unsure my 7/4 ratio is exact, but that's what I remember. I'd watch the video again, but it won't work for me. Could someone else watch the Battle of Bothuwai video and back me up on this?

As for the SE's soldier's experience, I was talking about there experience prior to fighting the Great Galactic War. The war was about 20-30 years long I think, and it would have created some wicked veterans. So the SE's soldiers are by no means green.

I think you mean this one?

3:30 approximately. If we're going by that though, it throws a lot of other factors into question - and as we see from the game, conquest doesn't mean immediate 100% loyalty. Plus, blitzkreig tactics are great for overwhelming an enemy, but you usually wind up with an inability to hold those new territories. The game has laid out pretty well that even with the reduced territories following the Treaty, the Sith Empire was struggling to hold its new territories.

I think it would be safer and easier for the purpose of the thread to stick with the rough size constraints of the Sith Empire at roughly the last months of the Treaty of Coruscant - the setting members are most familiar with. But I'm not adjudicator, so that's just my suggestion.

As for the heavy walkers and Dark Troopers you named: the SE has similar stuff. We've seen Imperial Tanks before. We've seen super-soldiers (Power Guards) and colassal war droids. The Empires are very similar except the GE is a bit bigger and the SE has Sith.

Dark Troopers>Power Guard

GE Walkers>SE Walkers

The Powerguards can't even compare to the Dark Troopers and nothing the SE brings can compare to the AT-AT, or other heavy vehicles the Galactic Empire can bring. And the Sith Empire can't build vehicles or ships nearly as fast as the Galactic Empire. The Sith Empire doesn't have nearly the same amount of manpower the Galactic Empire has.

The Galactic Empire is superior to the Sith Empire in every way. Even the Sith don't give the SE enough manpower to overwhelm the Galactic Empire.

Ya I know what map your saying, its in the end right? Ya but remember that was during the early years, the Republic gained that back.

That video also shows the incompetence of the SE leaders, not to say that the GE leaders aren't incompetent at times but...the SE literally just threw waves and waves of men at the enemy which consisted of a jedi master, 7 dozen jedi knights and 4,000 Republic troops vs 50,000 SE troops...and won thus the SE had to call reinforcements to help.

So 1 Master + 49 knights + 4,000 Troops= 4,050 total

against

50,000 SE Troops, the Spartans would be proud of the Republic Forces.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I think you mean this one?

3:30 approximately. If we're going by that though, it throws a lot of other factors into question - and as we see from the game, conquest doesn't mean immediate 100% loyalty. Plus, blitzkreig tactics are great for overwhelming an enemy, but you usually wind up with an inability to hold those new territories. The game has laid out pretty well that even with the reduced territories following the Treaty, the Sith Empire was struggling to hold its new territories.

I think it would be safer and easier for the purpose of the thread to stick with the rough size constraints of the Sith Empire at roughly the last months of the Treaty of Coruscant - the setting members are most familiar with. But I'm not adjudicator, so that's just my suggestion.

I don't understand why we can't just take the map for what it is: the SE controled 7/11 (or 63.6 percent) of the galaxy.

I don't understand why we can't just take the map for what it is: the SE controled 7/11 (or 63.6 percent) of the galaxy.

Because there are a lot more factors involved then that that require scrutiny. The context of the overarching storyline tells us that yes the Sith took the territory but couldn't hold it, and internal Sith politics also were different then, which in turns affects the arguments for the Kaggath.

Yes, the Sith Empire conquered approximately 60% of the galaxy, but it couldn't control it. Those territories fell quickly to civil wars, insurrections and Republic counter-strikes. It's not an accurate model of the true power the Sith Empire could extend.

Ya I know what map your saying, its in the end right? Ya but remember that was during the early years, the Republic gained that back.

That video also shows the incompetence of the SE leaders, not to say that the GE leaders aren't incompetent at times but...the SE literally just threw waves and waves of men at the enemy which consisted of a jedi knight, 7 dozen jedi knights and 4,000 Republic troops vs 50,000 SE troops...and won thus the SE had to call reinforcements to help.

Remember: the Kaggath combatants are at their height of power. So whenever the SE controlled the most land, that'd be the structure they enter the Kaggath with.

You're right, it was a slopy attack on the SE's part. But we've seen many armies in Star Wars do the same. We've also seen briliant attacks on the SE's part though.... like the one with which they conquered a nice piece of the galaxy at the begining of the Great Galactic War. Master Gnost-Dural himself stated it was briliant.

But I need not defend the SE in this since. After all: the GE was beated in a battle with Ewoks....