Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AshlaBoga
12.19.2012 , 05:35 PM | #171
It sounds like tRotHC will act as a gate to future sub-content. Like 1.7-EVERYTHING will require the expac to play so anyone who doesn't buy will get ZERO new content from future patches. Anyone else think this is what they're planning?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

British
12.19.2012 , 05:42 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSchmo View Post
That sounds worthy of $10. Don't know how one can complain. What do you get for $10-15 console dlc? Maybe 3-5 hours of extra gameplay? I bet this will be 20-30 hours of fun.

Looking forward to it, especially the interested in what else you haven't revealed.
The idea of an MMO is that you get something for your $15 a month.. We really have not gotten anything of note in a year, just broken promises and bugs.

To then make us pay $10 for something that should have been released for our monthly sub?

MoltenRog
12.19.2012 , 05:44 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by miglor View Post
Especially since it was suppose to be FREE anyway.

BW, if anything, are amazing LIARS.
implying the expansion is alot of money

cost me 6 thats 1 hour at work gg

I've been subbed to this game for 12 months and i've never had an issue with the game except for the amount of whiny children i have to put up with, but im used to that as wow has kids like that complaining about nerfs 24/7.

If anyone has a problem with 5.99/$9.99 you might as well unsub now and pay full wack later if your so angry about something that hasn't been released.
1 Year Veteran

Trollokdamus
12.19.2012 , 05:45 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
Yet Blizzard released Outland, which is not much bigger (and may even be smaller) than some of the planets and THAT was OK? I heard no whining about that. How about WotLK, which offered Northrend? That wasn't much bigger.
I can tell you why you didn't hear any whining about that. Because what you are saying is not even close to be true. An average TOR planet is something like 1-1.5 of an average WoW zone of any expansion. BC had 7 such zones, WotLK had 8.
Next time, get your facts straight before posting please.

Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Good to hear thanks.

To everyone that played WoW, think of Makeb like "Northrend" or "Pandaria". If there is as much to do on Makeb as there was on those two continents in WoW, then this is definately an expansion (plus we have 5 levels).
Don't know about you, but i can't think of Tatooine or Corellia alone like of an entire continent, which consists of 7-8 zones being equal to at least 5-6 TOR planets.

In general, i was expecting to see something like what the community manager said in this thread, so not shocked or surprised. But still disappointed. Oh well, i knew what sort of company i'm dealing with.

Arkerus
12.19.2012 , 05:45 PM | #175
There is no definition of an EXPANSION. It can be whatever the developer deems it to be.

Its YOUR job as a consumer to decide if the price and model fit your budget and "demands" for enjoyment.

EA has decided how to model the game. Accept reality or get out. Up to you.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Arkerus
12.19.2012 , 05:47 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by British View Post
The idea of an MMO is that you get something for your $15 a month.. We really have not gotten anything of note in a year, just broken promises and bugs.

To then make us pay $10 for something that should have been released for our monthly sub?
Apparently you missed the 2 new operations, 2 new WZs, legacy upgrades, social item updates, Lost Island, social events...etc..

But yeah, our $15 went nowhere.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Phyreblade
12.19.2012 , 05:49 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!
Sounds awesome! I can't wait.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix

Rayla_Felana
12.19.2012 , 05:50 PM | #178
Hearthfire for Skyrim was named an expansion/DLC and that literally just added building houses and a few adopted kids.

Roalmo
12.19.2012 , 06:01 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by MoltenRog View Post
implying the expansion is alot of money

cost me 6 thats 1 hour at work gg

I've been subbed to this game for 12 months and i've never had an issue with the game except for the amount of whiny children i have to put up with, but im used to that as wow has kids like that complaining about nerfs 24/7.

If anyone has a problem with 5.99/$9.99 you might as well unsub now and pay full wack later if your so angry about something that hasn't been released.
interesting philosophy. helped 1.5 million unsub, so guess ur on to something, looks like the theory is, "let's see how many we can get to unsub".

SilentKitty
12.19.2012 , 06:05 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by Orlesian View Post
Oooh, new Datacrons! I wonder if there is going to be hidden pets to aquire as well?
Hidden pets would make me happy

*keeping fingers crossed*