Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tuskin
12.19.2012 , 03:27 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by RikHar View Post
Hopefully this new planet size is not as Quesh or as the space we have at Section X.

Never know.
If you had read the thread, the planet is the size of one of the large planets.

Arlon_Nabarlly
12.19.2012 , 03:27 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I think I am going to be sick.

I freaking hate the datacrons.
ROFL that was my reaction as well.

V

Eldrenath
12.19.2012 , 03:28 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
We can not really assess the "size" as small yet. There is a 5 level increase. If you look at expansions for WoW that were 5 levels (Cata and MoP) there was A LOT to do for those 5 levels. If there is a similar amount to do for Makeb (and 5 levels) then at $20 EAware is delivering more for less (New WoW expansions are usually $40). If for some reason the don't have much to do and we just burn through 5 levels pretty fast then I would say its a small expansion. But, right now, it is too soon to tell.
Definitely agree. There could be even more that we're getting for the $10. But a large planet, 5 more levels w/ more talent trees and skill points, more fully voiced story. Even if there's nothing other than these things it's worth $10 IMO.

Urael
12.19.2012 , 03:32 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldrenath View Post
Definitely agree. There could be even more that we're getting for the $10. But a large planet, 5 more levels w/ more talent trees and skill points, more fully voiced story. Even if there's nothing other than these things it's worth $10 IMO.
Agree that seems like a value at $10. TBH if this doesn't live up to what most MMORPG consumers are used to with regards to things "called an expansion" I hope in the future they use another term like just call it a "story pack" or some such or whatever EQ2 calls their mini download content. Bit, EAware doesn't seem to be the sort to use clear language or already industry established terms in the way that we are used to them ( I still maintain they do NOT understand their consumers).

Galbatorrix
12.19.2012 , 03:40 PM | #155
I don't think it's the value as much as the effort. Honestly, I would have rather paid $40 and gotten a full fledged expansion with 10 levels of gameplay, expansion of the class stories with a new class specific companion, 4 or 5 new FPs, a new WZ, new Op, a new Mini game, etc.

9.99 for 5 levels of Mekeb may be a good deal, but for an expansion, the effort they're putting in seems half hearted.

Eldrenath
12.19.2012 , 03:42 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Agree that seems like a value at $10. TBH if this doesn't live up to what most MMORPG consumers are used to with regards to things "called an expansion" I hope in the future they use another term like just call it a "story pack" or some such or whatever EQ2 calls their mini download content. Bit, EAware doesn't seem to be the sort to use clear language or already industry established terms in the way that we are used to them ( I still maintain they do NOT understand their consumers).
Hehe. Valid point. Given the general connotations that the word "expansion" has for MMOs, they'd definitely have been better served announcing this as a mini-expansion, story pack, or DLC pack. Using the word "expansion" just gives something for the ragewhiners to focus their nerdrage on.

iamthehoyden
12.19.2012 , 03:52 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuskin View Post
When did they say this was chapter 4?
You know, you're right. They haven't said it officially. I'm basing Chapter 4 off this (http://db-ptr.darthhater.com/items/5...he_hutt_cartel). Perhaps it isn't chapter 4, perhaps it's just first tidbit of Chapter 4 or an interlude in the Interlude, but you know what, it would be wise for them to tell us that.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Tommot
12.19.2012 , 03:55 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!
Wow. That's a major disappointment. I was hoping for some new systems or at least some World PvP on Makeb, but instead its the same as all the other planets minus class stories?

I hope these "more details" are at least SOMETHING decent.
Roswin - 50 Jedi Sentinel | Vaelin - 50 Sith Juggernaut | Kordis - 50 Sith Marauder | Vaelis - 50 Sith Assassin | Tylus - 50 Sniper
| Vint - 43 Mercenary | Kiden - 35 Vangaurd | Skavic - 22 Jedi Sage |

GalaxyStrong
12.19.2012 , 04:02 PM | #159
Guys XD!!!

IT"S NINE F-ING DOLLARS!!!

I have spent more money on a freaking PIZZA!!!!!

GET THE HELL OVER IT or DON'T BUY THE EXPANSION PACK.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Tsillah
12.19.2012 , 04:15 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by GalaxyStrong View Post
Guys XD!!!

IT"S NINE F-ING DOLLARS!!!

I have spent more money on a freaking PIZZA!!!!!

GET THE HELL OVER IT or DON'T BUY THE EXPANSION PACK.
I hate all caps sentences but QFT nonetheless.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...