Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wellymace
12.19.2012 , 01:36 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!
Sounds like what we pay a repeating subscription for doesnt it?

Technohic
12.19.2012 , 01:37 PM | #142
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!
I think I am going to be sick.

I freaking hate the datacrons.

Vultana
12.19.2012 , 01:43 PM | #143
Thank you for the information Allison. I appreciate it!
Prophecy @ Canderous Ordo
http://www.prophecytheguild.com
The Tavik Legacy
Vult - Narshadal - Rhiyana

Eldrenath
12.19.2012 , 03:02 PM | #144
First of all, it's nice to see a response from someone at BW. Thanks, Allison, for the input.

As for those saying this doesn't "qualify" as an expansion, it's more proof that gamers suck, and literally cannot be pleased. Not enough content? Rage. Inexpensive expansion? Rage. Too much content without bug fixes at the same time, completely ignoring the fact that those two things are done by completely different teams who are not interchangeable? Rage. Doing things similar to other MMOs? Rage. Not including the same features already existing in other MMOs, i.e., groupfinder? Rage.

Is this a relatively small expansion? No question there, it seems to be fairly small. But the price tag is also small. I'd much rather pay $10 every 8-12 months for a small expansion than wait 2-3 years between expansions and pay $40+.

Now, if the patches slow down dramatically leading into this expansion, I'll be right there with the complainers. SWTOR has made some good progress in releasing patches 1.4-1.6 without waiting 3 months between each one. Back when F2P was announced, the game director said they were aiming for game updates approximately monthly (every 4-6 weeks, IIRC). They've done that so far, and if they keep it up between now and the expansion, I'll be pretty well satisfied.

Quraswren
12.19.2012 , 03:09 PM | #145

Now you have peaked my interests. I really wish you would have stated this, the story line post and the post about talent tree stuff the first day the expansion information went live. It's good stuff to know.

RikHar
12.19.2012 , 03:09 PM | #146
Hopefully this new planet size is not as Quesh or as the space we have at Section X.

Never know.

Urael
12.19.2012 , 03:10 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldrenath View Post
\Is this a relatively small expansion? No question there, it seems to be fairly small. But the price tag is also small. I'd much rather pay $10 every 8-12 months for a small expansion than wait 2-3 years between expansions and pay $40+.
We can not really assess the "size" as small yet. There is a 5 level increase. If you look at expansions for WoW that were 5 levels (Cata and MoP) there was A LOT to do for those 5 levels. If there is a similar amount to do for Makeb (and 5 levels) then at $20 EAware is delivering more for less (New WoW expansions are usually $40). If for some reason the don't have much to do and we just burn through 5 levels pretty fast then I would say its a small expansion. But, right now, it is too soon to tell.

Urael
12.19.2012 , 03:12 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
Now you have peaked my interests. I really wish you would have stated this, the story line post and the post about talent tree stuff the first day the expansion information went live. It's good stuff to know.
Agreed. They really need to coordinate the release of information better. RIght now they seem to be the ones stoking the fires of discontent by not feeding the needed information in the correct order. They really need to work on internal proccess improvement.

Eldrenath
12.19.2012 , 03:21 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
Agreed. This info should have been more prominently displayed, I think.

Tuskin
12.19.2012 , 03:25 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Equal in size to one of the larger planets? So let me get this straight. You're calling this Chapter 4. Chapters are typically 3-5 planets INCLUDING these larger planets. BS. Complete BS.
When did they say this was chapter 4?