Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lodestone: A Wynston/Ruth Alternate Universe

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
Lodestone: A Wynston/Ruth Alternate Universe

bright_ephemera
12.17.2012 , 09:17 PM | #21
L + 8 months, part 1

Spoiler

L + 8 months, part 2
This story, while previously unpublished, is identical between Ruth's prime universe and this AU.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
12.18.2012 , 07:29 PM | #22
L + 13 months, part 1

Spoiler

L + 13 months, part 2

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
12.19.2012 , 09:31 AM | #23
*pant pant pant* Okay. Bunches of content dumped. I swear I'm not trying to make this the single longest monologue on the forums but...wow, actually, it might be

More to come!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
12.19.2012 , 09:34 AM | #24
L + 24 months

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
12.19.2012 , 10:46 AM | #25
L + 2 years 8 months

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

kabeone
12.19.2012 , 11:46 AM | #26
I'm sorry I haven't been commenting! I have been consuming with a variety of expressions from happy to horrified. I like this first use of the disguise generator and it not quite working. I also like the peek at Wynston's vanity. Poor guy, he already had the alien-freak low self esteem. *hugs Wynston*

I love this AU!

bright_ephemera
12.19.2012 , 12:57 PM | #27
I've wondered about the state of reconstructive surgery in this universe. Are scars just this common because it's some kind of fashion statement? Or are we truly unable to fix them because reasons? (This is Star Wars, I wouldn't be surprised.) I'm kind of rolling with 'it would be a lot of expense for an imperfect job because reasons.'

L + 3 years 2 months

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
12.19.2012 , 01:12 PM | #28
L + 3 years 8 months

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

kabeone
12.19.2012 , 01:27 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
I've wondered about the state of reconstructive surgery in this universe. Are scars just this common because it's some kind of fashion statement? Or are we truly unable to fix them because reasons? (This is Star Wars, I wouldn't be surprised.) I'm kind of rolling with 'it would be a lot of expense for an imperfect job because reasons.'
I've always assumed a few things about scars in Star Wars. First that kolto is still a somewhat limited commodity, as such, most non-rich/non-important people would not have access to the quantities that prevent scarring and field hospitals would only use enough to prevent death or loss of something important. Second, wounds not treated immediately will scar unless you want to re-injure the site to have it heal properly, healing properly for major wounds may mean a week or more in a kolto tank. For most of the types we've seen in game with scars (soldiers, agents, jedi, criminals) they either don't want to waste time or can't afford to.

So yeah...scars... reasons... lots of reasons.

Edit because I was thinking of scars when swoon-worthy stuff was posted so:
*SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON* aaaaand then melt. *MELT*

Magdalane
12.19.2012 , 02:13 PM | #30
I'm really enjoying seeing Ruth in an alternate universe, and love Wynston, so this is a wonderful read for me. Kudos, Bright!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.