Unsubscriber's Thread: Tell us a few things

Sandtrooper

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My turning point will be implementation of SGRA - yes or no.

We've been waiting for over a year for credible news on this, there were info leaks, then deleted tweets, now a gag order seemingly in place .... and no substantial info as of yet.

If SGRAs are not coming with Makeb, as we were led to believe, I'm out.

A one year wait is more than enough.

I cancelled the other nite. (I originally quit after launch after having wasted $150 on the CE, recently came back to claim Cartel Coins)

The end-game is a joke.

Solo Dailies where you gotta stand around and ninja loot quest items, all so you can buy mods that are already outdated.

PvP = PreMades farming everyone else on small, isolated maps. Inexcusably unbalanced classes, a dev team that should be ashamed, fired, and never allowed to work in the industry every again. (I'm not kidding) Apparently no concern about (or ability to stop) hackers.

Ops/Flashpoints only open to groups.

So since end-game is a joke, why do it? And if I'm not gonna do it, why not stick to RPGs?

Besides, I aint played ME3, Skyrim, or Witcher 2. I'll just go play them. If I ever come back, it will probably just be to play through a few class-storylines I haven't yet. (thus, F2P only)

This game won't get 1more penny from me.

I used to promote and lobby for this game to everyone I knew before release. Now I tell everyone to stay away.

:mad:

Edited by Feskitt

Hit the unsub button myself this last week Ive found myself logging in sitting around for a little while pondering things in my head and then logging out and going and playing ME3 multiplayer.

I'm subbed till March so will play here and there but at this time I doubt I will resub.

My reasons are selfish

I love Commando I loved it in beta I loved it at launch I still love it in its totally gimp state, I've just had enough of being secluded from rated PVP or frowned upon for even logging in as a mando, when people sigh when they see you enter a warzone and realise your not a healer it say's how gimp your class is. When my PB on a mando is 770k and my VG can put out 1.3m damage in similar circumstances there is something sorely wrong with balance.

Ilum yeah you know that place they ballsed up twice and still we have no open world PVP so stuck playing the same 4 tired warzones or the new sucky one time and again.

Well I am giveing this game it's last chance with the new addon... Either suprise me with well done concent which deserves the name Star Wars ... or I am gone to SWGemu *sigh*

1.6 and life day really pained me badly.. I am a sub since release... Supported this game allways... But I am really starting to believe that it will not get any better... :(

My son & I cancelled as well. The game just isn't going in the direction it was advertised when we purchased it. I know, things change. We aren't at all bitter about it, and will continue to monitor through our preferred accounts to see what happens, but don't view the sub cost as worth it when we are expected to pay for additiional content on top of it.

That said, it wasn't the only factor in deciding to unsub, there were many little things that added up:

• Unfixed bugs/lack of urgency in addressing them
  • T7 space missions & ship gear implementation
  • Lack of progress/slow progress in delivering promised content (HK, new warzones)
  • Makeb cost extra for loyal subs and isn't even purchasable with your own currency (Cartel Coins)

Keep at it guys, if most of this list was addressed, we would probably be enticed back. We have enjoyed playing and look forward to maybe doing so again someday.

I came back to see if the game has improved and nothing's changed so I canceled again and it will remain that way.

1) Bugs/Glitches are still there since launch.

2) Game engine runs extremely sluggish and I even experienced warping and massive lag spikes for no reason at all.

3) Dailies........

4) Low pop even after the server merger's

5) Crafting system is still dull and unrewarding.

I mean, the game has been out for a year and there is still a ton of interface lag with opening window's and what not that causes your game to freeze briefly. Class balance is still non-exsistant. Rage jugg's hitting you for half your life with smash? Seriously?

Actually, I'm not going to go on a rant about PvP because it's all been said before and now BW claims 1 planet and 5 level's is a "expansion." What a joke. This game is a joke but had great promise and it was just left to rot.

Top 5 MMO blunders of all time? Probably. I've never seen a game with such an enormous budget die so fast.

Edited by Halfelvenmage

My turning point will be implementation of SGRA - yes or no.

We've been waiting for over a year for credible news on this, there were info leaks, then deleted tweets, now a gag order seemingly in place .... and no substantial info as of yet.

If SGRAs are not coming with Makeb, as we were led to believe, I'm out.

A one year wait is more than enough.

I am always impressed by people who want to leave the game because of the SGR not beeing implemented yet.

Really?! This is just like 2 conversations with your companion. That is worth leaving the game for?! What is it you do on this game?

What are your top 5 reasons why you left the game? Why do you stick around?

First of all, I quit yesterday when the 'expansion' was announced. There is already a ton of information as to why people are upset about it regarding how they went about finding a new way to charge the already paying subscribers. This was a classic - absolute classic case of bait and switch. No more need to get into that.

The only thing I am guilty of sticking around for, was the fact that I love Star Wars, and this game is actually fun for me. Been a beta tester, bought a Collector's Edition (my first CE ever purchased - I was so excited), was here in Early Access, have been here up until yesterday. However, integrity is a big thing with me, and this company fails, in my opinion, with these items in no particular order:

Top five reasons I left:

1. Customer Service assistance - an absolute joke. The ONLY method that Customer Service can come up with to give the notion that they care about customers is to - run the repair tool. Does it work? If you are lucky, it might work, but majority of the time - it is NOT a client issue. I've seen CSRs tell players to run the repair tool for issues that have existed since 1.2 patch, which was already a known problem on the server end. The growing incompetency of technical support via CSRs is just astounding, and us, the players took it upon ourselves to help when they could not. Character transfers and name handling was just a big teabag to those of us that got Early Access - I had to change my name TWICE because of forced moves onto other servers, to only give up what I had earned to some level 1 alt that doesn't play. Seriously pissed in my Cheerios and how this was handled was just another example of how Bioware treats the players - by ignoring them.

2. Executive Production of this game - Ah yes, Mr. Jeff Hickman. The messiah of game destruction. I first noticed his classy sway of ruthless playerbase hate (yes, hate) when he was at Mythic Entertainment, jacking up Dark Age of Camelot. Then King Midas here reached out and touched Warhammer. Both good games that fell at his feet like a person desperately gasping for air, as he looked on waiting for them to die. This is the person who is solely responsible for the game - and he is running this, as he did at Mythic games, into the the ground. This will be one of the core reasons this game will continue to neglect the players, provide terrible support and be left cold and shivering in the rain. He is just a pure manipulating liar. He doesn't listen to anything about what the playerbase has to say - his sole function is to make money - however it works for him.

3. Technical response to bugs and issues - This is one that just chaps my ***. We have had bugs literally in game since beta that have not been fixed. Reported by the lot of you, answered by none. This was even when they had a staff of plenty of people compared to what they have now. The focus I believe has been thrown into so many directions by Mr. Hickman, that I truly believe that there is no more technical programming developers - they have all been turned into cartel market developers. it seems that specific content in game that Mr. Hickman is driving, is the sole function for every programmer that is available to them instead of addressing issues that are a major, major eyesore for a LOT of the playerbase. Lightsabers sticking into companion and players' heads, shuffling of Bounty Hunter feet looking like they are about to trip and fall, HK fail on gear, then trying to correct it and STILL fail at giving the parts (QA problem there), the list goes on. Instead of trying to focus on bugs, you just push out another patch that doesn't address a damn thing, and just gives - more bugs.

4. Gameplay and mechanics - This game was built on a severely modified existing game engine, which by the way is an outdated one. The combat mechanics and art associated with combat, for whatever reason since the changes is just absolute garbage. Why did you change something that so many people loved? Is is one of the reasons I made an Assassin! I loved my knockback where i jumped up in the air. flipped and came crashing down, to push people back. But no, instead of changing something that didn't need to be changed at all, you screwed that up and had to make money off of the animation. Yes folks, what do you think the emotes in the Cartel Market are there for? Backflip ring a bell? You had to remove an animation that in no way had a performance, technical or otherwise issue in game and screw it, just to make a buck off the subscribers and free-to-play alike. Disgusting, really. Now, you just gave them some dumb, lazy type of knockback that looks like you are going full retard in game and the knockback happens before you even land on the ground. There is nothing unique to the combat styles, and makes for boredom.

5. Graphics - The last, but certainly not least. Recycled graphics on clothing, lackluster imagination on Cartel equipment - you are just using more recycled, same style graphics for items in the market! Get some creativity for once! You only do this to save art time, but then you turn around and charge everyone for it. At least let us get something worthwhile and we would be a lot more happy than we are now. Tionese, Columi and Rakata gear. I just cannot believe that your art department is so lazy and gets away with recycling this armor. This is tiered armor, you work hard to get - but the first thing people do is remod ASAFP. You haven't come up with one new idea since release. It's way past time you did that. PvP gear - same. Tier armor - same. Cartel Market - same as the same. As the same. Get some creativity for once. I have seen threads upon threads that have given you absolutely fantastic ideas for gear - all to be ignored, as possibly shuffled in the market for more price gouging.

I have more, but that is my top five. Love it, or hate it, this is my opinion of the game and its current flaws, not to mention the handling of the content update renamed 'expansion'. As so many have said, you vote with your wallet. I have. If you threaten to unsubscribe for your reasons, then do so - don't bother with threats - no one cares. Act, don't provoke.

Edited by Amodin

Unsubbed yesterday

1) Bioware/EA's disturbing trend towards misinformation and outright lies in it's communication with the playerbase.

2) Lack of class story content in Makeb "expansion". I feel it shows a clear disregard for the players who have stuck by SW:TOR for it's story.

3) Forum moderation moving from a position of curation to PR. Too many posts and threads full of reasonable points well stated removed due to being critical of designers and publisher.

4) Silence on issues important to me such as SGR's, New Companions, New Races, Story Content.

5) No one I know still plays or came back with free to play due to the bungling of the free to play model.

"No one cares." Really?

You posted in this thread. So, that's a few people who care. If you didn't really care, you'd see this post and ignore it.

This post is now 6-months old and 57 pages long. So, that's another few hundred people who care. If they didn't care, they'd just unsubscribe and not say a word.

Bioware asks people why they're unsubscribing and just made a huge post saying the feedback in the forums is important to the developers.

So, unsubscribers care, subscribers care, and the developers of the game care. Our definitions of "no one" appear to differ.

Edited by FattyMcElbows

I canceled my sub yesterday with the Makeb announcement. I played in the beta, bought the collector (the one with malgus inside), preorder from day 1, and played less than an hour after the server went online. Never unsubbed so far.

I leave because your freemium model is a shame. Everyone know that. The press bash you for it. The player I meet on other game say they left because your f2p was a shame. SWTOR and EA greed is a running joke. And you don't care.

-You make the f2p frustrating to f2p player. Showing no respect for them.

-You make a whole event on cash shop, while we have 25 fireworks. I know, no christmas on SWTOR, but we do have a christmas like event on cash shop ! Where is my life day ingame ? For christmas, I went to STO to have an event ! Some went to GW2, I mean, every other MMO did one ! But on SWTOR ? We have to pay !

-Ship armor on cash shop. Without it, you can't do the new missions. So you have to grind like a slave for WEEKS or buy it from the cash shop. Not really P2W, but a very close one.

-Last straw. Makeb. A DLC. According to what you say, it have the size on a planet. Like Hoth or whatever. There is 15planet in the game + 2station hub. 1/15 of the vanilla content is not an expansion. Expansion, I would buy it. DLC ? It should be free to subscribers. A paying expansion in others MMOS is about 1/3 to 1/2 the size of the vanilla game. Everything else is an "adventure pack" and is free for sub on freemium. DDO comes to mind. In STO, it's free for everyone. In LOTRO, you can buy it with your stipend, making it free for subscribers if you can wait for your stipend.

Make Makeb a cash shop item I can buy with my stipend.

For now, I unsub, for the first time. I'll buy Makeb once my sub run out, then wait 2months at least before subbing back. That way it will cost me the price of the sub. If I sub again.

And for those who are not really clever, it's not about 10$. I gave about 100$ in the past months in Kickstarters project (2 of them) and charity thing. I'm not a milk cow.

I canceled my sub yesterday with the Makeb announcement. I played in the beta, bought the collector (the one with malgus inside), preorder from day 1, and played less than an hour after the server went online. Never unsubbed so far.

I leave because your freemium model is a shame. Everyone know that. The press bash you for it. The player I meet on other game say they left because your f2p was a shame. SWTOR and EA greed is a running joke. And you don't care.

-You make the f2p frustrating to f2p player. Showing no respect for them.

-You make a whole event on cash shop, while we have 25 fireworks. I know, no christmas on SWTOR, but we do have a christmas like event on cash shop ! Where is my life day ingame ? For christmas, I went to STO to have an event ! Some went to GW2, I mean, every other MMO did one ! But on SWTOR ? We have to pay !

-Ship armor on cash shop. Without it, you can't do the new missions. So you have to grind like a slave for WEEKS or buy it from the cash shop. Not really P2W, but a very close one.

-Last straw. Makeb. A DLC. According to what you say, it have the size on a planet. Like Hoth or whatever. There is 15planet in the game + 2station hub. 1/15 of the vanilla content is not an expansion. Expansion, I would buy it. DLC ? It should be free to subscribers. A paying expansion in others MMOS is about 1/3 to 1/2 the size of the vanilla game. Everything else is an "adventure pack" and is free for sub on freemium. DDO comes to mind. In STO, it's free for everyone. In LOTRO, you can buy it with your stipend, making it free for subscribers if you can wait for your stipend.

Make Makeb a cash shop item I can buy with my stipend.

For now, I unsub, for the first time. I'll buy Makeb once my sub run out, then wait 2months at least before subbing back. That way it will cost me the price of the sub. If I sub again.

And for those who are not really clever, it's not about 10$. I gave about 100$ in the past months in Kickstarters project (2 of them) and charity thing. I'm not a milk cow.

well said

Well, really loved the game, but I'm thinking enough is enough.

One year in and the imbalance on companion missions are still way out of whack (specifically UWM). Now I am finding out that the new space missions are not resetting and they are apparently not providing support to fix this (basically baiting people with the CC purchase for broken missions that can only be done once and not reset).

Those are my two favorite parts of the game and although I don't expect miracles, I do expect to at least play them, or have some acknowledgement as to why I cannot. Its an abundance of these that have basically brought me to a point that I'm not really motivated to log on. I'm not going to flame out and rage quit, but I'm feeling that I'll end up quietly slipping away.

To misquote a famous Jedi Master:

Cancel. Or do not. There is no whine.

Actually. I'm not reading that at all. I'm reading some very mature posts from people that have been long time players and have held out hope that the game would improve, would fix the issues at hand but have come to the unfortunate conclusion that it just may not happen.

Perhaps you were reading another thread, or just felt the urge to post something adolescent in an attempt to introduce some sort of witty humor?

Edited by Blackardin

Been here since beta and stayed subbed since the beginning. Waited out the F2P changeover without any wailing or gnashing of the teeth, even though I was suspicious of what it would eventually mean as a subber.

Now I see what it means and my only answer is "Thanks, but no thanks." I appreciated the class stories; I played all of them at least once and a couple of them twice. On that note I'll just say so long and thanks for the fish.

/Unsub

1 - Lack of faith in EA. EA is notorious at purchasing franchises and then making them into mediocore, quick selling games. Need For Speed and Crysis come to mind immediately. Their recent decisions in regards to the Christmas event and this new content that Subscribers have to /pay/ for (it's premium content, what the hell?), means that any trust I had in this game has quickly been sapped.

2 - F2P. I returned for F2P, and I felt bullied into buying a subscriber status. I bought it originally because I thought that EA would give me something worth while for my money like in APB, but that's clearly not the case. They believe by aggravating me, and then promising the cure to said irritation instead of making a genuinely good F2P game and then selling Subscriber status to me to elevate my experience.

Secondly, having to deal with Polski spam in general chat is aggravating to the extreme.

3 - Lack of content. I played this game months ago, and no PvE/Leveling/Noticeable content has really been added. I don't generally play PvP due to the fact that my FPS is terrible. Engine problems. The only thing I've seen is HK. Also, bugs from way back when I played originally are STILL HERE. What the hell?!

4 - Low Performance/Bugs. My FPS is terrible, often it will be around 20 FPS and sharply dive if I decide to play in a party or actually do anything. I recently downloaded SWTOR Unleashed, which rose my FPS by a significant amount.

The community around this game, owned by a commercial and for-profit organization, had to fix it FOR THEM. ALL. OF MY RAGE.

Secondly, I keep getting stuck on things, meaning I'm stuck there. Forever. Unless I use /stuck, but I often actually get stuck again before it recharges. It's really that bad! Also, I keep spotting ways out of the maps, like massive tears in the back of rocks and stuff that just let you fall out of the map. I know better than to go in them, but it's a symbol of how low quality this game really was..

5 - Bored, bored, bored! This game is boring. I hate having to go through Alderaan.. AGAIN. Do X's quests... AGAIN. The only thing unique about each character is the class quest, but a single unique quest every once and a while does nothing to stimulate my interest because getting to it is so bloody boring! Secondly, they don't break the MMO formula. I'm still killing x10 of NarNar slugs, I'm still going from A to B to collect item C and bring it to D, it's just so gosh darn boring! Why am I paying £10 for this?!

Just make KOTOR 3. Just do it. Stop with TOR, make KOTOR 3. Right now. Go. GO. >:c

Edited by Graydar

1. OWPvP- in a game about WAR we have no war. i find it hard to ever find a reason to fight another player outside of a warzone because there isnt anyone ever around.

2. Raid or Die- im tired of this and im not playing these games anymore

3. Bait and switch- i feel like the things said and the things done are not the same. SWToR isnt the only game on the market in the past 5 years to be guilty and its got to stop, at least for my wallet

4. stun lock- i dont like not playing my character

5. ITS SUPPOSED TO BE STAR WARS- that means the republic V empire in massive battles and lightsaber duels. this new expac is for the rise of a new third party with the hutts, a group that would rather make money off the conflict than fight in it mind you. the hutts are the mafia, leave them that way.

I've a few concerns with the game's future, and some more recent issues like p2win and life day items in the cartel market, but I'm still trying to be hopeful.

However I've now spent a week trying by emails, and 2 days by phone trying to get an issue resolved to no avail. I keep getting the run around or cs drones who clearly aren't familiar enough with the product, to actually offer support. Twice now I've sat through an hour plus on hold, just to be told I have to talk to someone else, and transferred to a line that never gets answered. The lack of cs in this game is very near to pushing me away. I'm not quite ready to unsubscribe, but I'm very close.

I am always impressed by people who want to leave the game because of the SGR not beeing implemented yet.

Really?! This is just like 2 conversations with your companion. That is worth leaving the game for?! What is it you do on this game?

Let them leave, less threads about it and the going to the media about not having it.

1. Small linear planets!!! No exploring and if you try you run into a exhaustion zone, which i have died in many a time because i don't know where it is so i have no clue where to go... very stupid on biowares part they should at least mark the areas.

2. No customization... I.e. our toons

3. Boring stories and quests. i find myself wishing the person talking to me telling me about the thing they want me to would just shut the hell up and let me go do it and then they string out other things like the great hunt for BH i thought o this will be fun when i started it..... most boring thing ever!!!! and the quests are still go here and kill this and come back, ok now take these things to these people and then come back, ok now go collect this many things and come back B^( granted that is what most MMOs have but at least in other MMOs i can walk around and look at stuff and find nifty things... not in this game!!! instead im on a track with very little leg room to move around on.

4. Bad voice acting, also the choices our toons get are almost never what our toons say/do. ill click one thing and then my toon says something totally different... that is one of the most annoying parts i find about this game

5. Space.... its a joke!!!!

6. lack of races to play as!!! ive hated this since before launch!!! they are all human with a few little tweaks here and there.. i want a hammerhead, wookie, rodian, but mostly a Kel Dor!!!! i am human what fun is there in playing as something you already are??? i think that was one thing thta made SWG so great!! the amount of races you could choose from

7. i bought what was suppose be a MMO, instead i got a single player game with online capabilities

oops i went past 5... im sure i could think of more but going 2 over should be good enough

I have been here since the first week that this forum went live. I preordered 2 copies of the game and have been subbed since it went live. I cancelled my accounts last nite after reading the Makeb announcement. What they are calling a mini expansion is nothing but a content patch. They changed the wording so that they could charge subs for a content patch. So now I will play F2P for a while and may resub just before Makeb is released. If I hear good things about it that is.

I only listed 4 reasons. My 5th just became apparent as I'm tidying up my account for mothballing:

• Not getting awarded the monthly Cartel Coin Stipend as promised in the sub agreement

Yeah I just unsubbed, but it is 5 days after renewal (25 days remaining play time) and since I paid for this month shouldn't I get my stipend? Seems I am not the only one though. :confused:

1. I like to play with my friends. However none of them will come back for the simple reason that they don't want to spend money on this game and, since they were previously subs, they cannot access any of their previous characters. Which makes matters even worse for the following.

2. No customer service. Not for F2P players and is next to useless for subs like me. You want profit maximization you got it: http://investor.ea.com/stockquote.cfm check from 2001 to 2012.

3. I bought this for story line doing planets over and over again gets old real fast.

Your management policies and practices have made you the perfect example of a "do not invest even if your life depends on it" stock.

Now to be honest the real fault of this is the investors. More specifically, investors that invest in companies who's products they never use or buy nor use/buy any related product. This means that they apply the knowledge gained with their business and economics degrees. Both of these degrees neglect to teach you the most important factor in succeeding in the practices and inudstries you chose to get a degree for: common sense.

EA's board of director directors may indeed be Satin's Dark Council. But they wouldn't have lasted in their positions nearly this long if the "Evil Spirits" (investors) who voted them into their positions didn't agree with their policies and methods.

The only way EA is really going to change is one of 2 methods:

1. All of their major stock investors go under or die from old age and those who pick up the stock have brains larger than peanuts.

2. Either some really rich guy or half the gaming customer base buys up all the stock and puts shock collars on the necks of every last one of the board of directors and hooks electrodes up to their ..... and makes it perfectly clear that even one tiny twitch out of line with the "New Order" will result in a real ..... that will feel like you've been ....... over a ...... and ...... alive.

Still, despite the fact that none of my friends can play because they can't even get to their primary characters (and support is denied outright to them) I will keep subbing until I finish this trooper.

James Ohlen

Jeff Hickman

Damian Shubert

The Larry, Moe, & Curly of the MMO world.

These are the guys who are responsible for everything that's happened to this game. The yes men of Bioware. IMHO, those with a vision and passion for the game left last summer, leaving behind the guys who it seems rather appease their new boss (EA) then make a quality game. Every bad idea this game has had was approved by at least one of these three.

When I cancel in Jan., it will ultimatly be because of these three and the decisions they have made.