Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Crew Skill Preference

Janith's Avatar


Janith
12.19.2012 , 02:34 AM | #1
Noob Question. But basically what is the best, in your opinion, crew skill to have from both a leveling stand point and a money making stand point. Also do some skills like Armortech and Synthweaving become pointless when you reach level 50? Seeing as you can buy sets from the PvP vendors for example, and those have those nice combination stats (have three of the same class of armor and you get a boost, etc). Or is it all about PvE at level 50 when it comes to some skills?

Dredenz's Avatar


Dredenz
12.19.2012 , 04:07 AM | #2
I would like an answer to this as well. Haven't played the game in quite some time, and was wondering on the profitability of the crew skills.

I recall back in the day, Slicing made a decent amount of money, but then was nerfed, and now I'm curious how it stands out compared to the crew skills in terms of monetization.

hchsiao's Avatar


hchsiao
12.19.2012 , 08:35 AM | #3
I have all the crew skill at 400, so i basically pick scavenger and slicing plus another gather skill when i level new alts. Scavenger keep me refill on material, metal that allows me replace prototype armoring every 2 level and mod every 4 level.

If you can access HM operation it seem you can make money with all the crew skill. Cyrbertech for endgame armoring, mod, artifice for enhancement, hilt, color crystal and armtech craft barrels.

Armortech and Synthweaving wont' be useless since they are needed end game augments (willpower, strength, defense..etc for synthweaving and aim , cunning..etc for armortech.)

Armortech and Synthweaving can also craft pvp gear shell. (empty gear without any mod inside.)

I don't think pvp gear is going cut it for pve in terms of raiding since you gives up stats for expertise. But if you only focus on pvp crafting crew skill may not that important to you.

psandak's Avatar


psandak
12.19.2012 , 09:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dredenz View Post
I would like an answer to this as well. Haven't played the game in quite some time, and was wondering on the profitability of the crew skills.

I recall back in the day, Slicing made a decent amount of money, but then was nerfed, and now I'm curious how it stands out compared to the crew skills in terms of monetization.
The problem most "haters" have is that they fail to view it from a long haul perspective. They do 10 lockbox missions find that they are losing money and believe it got nerfed too much. They do not take into account the nodes just lying around waiting to be collected as "free credits," nor do they take into account that no other crew skill costs nothing to level. Over the entire leveling process, slicing WILL generate credits gains. All other crew skills you have to spend credits to level and unless you sell everything you gather or make, those credits are gone.

Quote: Originally Posted by hchsiao View Post
Armortech and Synthweaving wont' be useless since they are needed end game augments (willpower, strength, defense..etc for synthweaving and aim , cunning..etc for armortech.)
Along these lines, do not ignore prototype (blue) quality augments for money making purposes. Prototype quality augments sell for an average of 10k each (all of them fluctuate between 5.5k to 15k on my server) and the materials are valued at less than half that. You will not make millions overnight, but if you are patient it will be a nice steady income.

uniz's Avatar


uniz
12.19.2012 , 09:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by hchsiao View Post
I have all the crew skill at 400, so i basically pick scavenger and slicing plus another gather skill when i level new alts. Scavenger keep me refill on material, metal that allows me replace prototype armoring every 2 level and mod every 4 level.

If you can access HM operation it seem you can make money with all the crew skill. Cyrbertech for endgame armoring, mod, artifice for enhancement, hilt, color crystal and armtech craft barrels.

Armortech and Synthweaving wont' be useless since they are needed end game augments (willpower, strength, defense..etc for synthweaving and aim , cunning..etc for armortech.)

Armortech and Synthweaving can also craft pvp gear shell. (empty gear without any mod inside.)

I don't think pvp gear is going cut it for pve in terms of raiding since you gives up stats for expertise. But if you only focus on pvp crafting crew skill may not that important to you.
a lot of truth here.

dont forget armortech has it the easiest in making the augment kits. at endgame every new "shell" will need a new kit. this is for both pvp as well as pve. cartel appearance gear helps you here too.

i have all crew skills except armsmech which i dont need. i can get the barrels with coms for my alts. also they have the lesser used healer/dps augments for those who know what they are doing augment wise.

for alts now i too do scavenging and slicing but also archaeology so each toon can get their own mats while leveling

you can make credits with all crew skills . some are easier for you to "save" credits at endgame however. others are more useful while leveling certain classes.