Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can companions wear crafted pvp gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Can companions wear crafted pvp gear?

Darth_Nihilis
12.18.2012 , 09:26 PM | #1
I was thinking of crafting a few pieces of BM gear for my companion since i like the look of the pieces. I know buying the gear straight from a vendor is no problem but the crafted set has a valor rank requirement. If I at least meet the valor rank requirement can my companion wear the crafted pvp shell?
J E N ' J I D A I
. . Website . | . Join Us . .
Darth Nihlus - Sith Sorcerer
Darth Nephilim - Sith Juggernaut

Ghost_Spectre
12.19.2012 , 01:07 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Nihilis View Post
I was thinking of crafting a few pieces of BM gear for my companion since i like the look of the pieces. I know buying the gear straight from a vendor is no problem but the crafted set has a valor rank requirement. If I at least meet the valor rank requirement can my companion wear the crafted pvp shell?
I believe if your character is at the appropriate level, your companion should be able to wear it. What I am hoping to happen is they'll remove the requirements for Battlemaster and War Hero gear for valor ratings. It stands to reason since BM gear is gone, there should be no requirement for them. Alternatively, War Hero gear does not require us to have any valor rating to wear them now. So why have crafted gear retain these requirements then? Maybe they'll make a change and allow us those of us who have the BM crafting ability to remove the valor requirements.
GM ofRighteous Wrath &Vengeance's Wrath
Kyle Legacy Star Forge Lvl 70 Toons: 25

Free 7 day sub: Referral Code RIP Tanks - 5.9

Darth_Nihilis
12.19.2012 , 01:46 AM | #3
Has anyone tried sticking one of these crafted pieces on any of their companions. I am just worried that since it has a valor requirement that they won't be able to equip them.
J E N ' J I D A I
. . Website . | . Join Us . .
Darth Nihlus - Sith Sorcerer
Darth Nephilim - Sith Juggernaut

LenrocNewDawn
12.19.2012 , 04:17 AM | #4
Crafted PVP gear used to have a valor requirement so it was impossible to equip a comp with it. Didn't check lately but if the valor requirement is still there you won't be able to use it for comps.
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

Masarko
12.19.2012 , 07:17 AM | #5
Yes it works, my Kaliyo runs around with it, just be the valor req
Iam Dog / Bishwhet
Passive Aggressive / Tilt Police

LenrocNewDawn
12.19.2012 , 08:04 AM | #6
I stand corrected.
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”