Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Returning to SWTOR, need some help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Returning to SWTOR, need some help

SabreNova
12.18.2012 , 08:24 PM | #1
Hey all, its been a few months since I last played (maybe around start of August), and I recently just started again. I got a 2 month sub for now, lets see where that goes. I still (obviously) have my characters, and don't want to delete any of them, but I was thinking of starting a new character on my current server (Jedi Covenant) since I have my legacy there as well as my highest characters as well as a good sum of cash. I've probably lost my guild on my Sage, but it is of no concern as long as I can find another one (any openings in guilds would be appreciated if you know of any).
That aside, I wanted to start a new character as I said. I do have a 50 Sage, and 20 PT which I will probably play, but I also have a 25 Sent that has not been touched in some time. I found the fast maneuverability the Sent demanded was a little much for me, and playing it again, I just can't seem to keep pace with it any more. Just because I have yet to see 75% of the JK story for myself, I was considering playing a JK Guardian, but since my Sent is as high as he is, would it just be easier to deal with it and learn how to play him properly? I used to be decent, but not great. I had a Jugg on another server, and it was fun. I'm not a guy who can get a class to 50 in a week or two, it takes me a few months at least (I had just gotten my Sage to 50 prior to quitting). So, should I keep playing the Sent, try a Guardian/Jugg again, or something else entirely? Any help would be great!

Sorry for the long post....not my thing but it just kinda happened.

Thanks!
TL;DR
Should I keep playing Sent, switch to Guardian/Jugg, or something else? Also, a guild in Jedi Covenant would help me get back up and get back into the game, so if anyone knows one let me know.
The Skysaber Legacy
Master Nihalus Master Akrizios
Agent BartonCaptain ThatchGladiator Novius

Quantemoq
12.19.2012 , 07:02 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by SabreNova View Post
Hey all, its been a few months since I last played (maybe around start of August), and I recently just started again. I got a 2 month sub for now, lets see where that goes. I still (obviously) have my characters, and don't want to delete any of them, but I was thinking of starting a new character on my current server (Jedi Covenant) since I have my legacy there as well as my highest characters as well as a good sum of cash. I've probably lost my guild on my Sage, but it is of no concern as long as I can find another one (any openings in guilds would be appreciated if you know of any).
That aside, I wanted to start a new character as I said. I do have a 50 Sage, and 20 PT which I will probably play, but I also have a 25 Sent that has not been touched in some time. I found the fast maneuverability the Sent demanded was a little much for me, and playing it again, I just can't seem to keep pace with it any more. Just because I have yet to see 75% of the JK story for myself, I was considering playing a JK Guardian, but since my Sent is as high as he is, would it just be easier to deal with it and learn how to play him properly? I used to be decent, but not great. I had a Jugg on another server, and it was fun. I'm not a guy who can get a class to 50 in a week or two, it takes me a few months at least (I had just gotten my Sage to 50 prior to quitting). So, should I keep playing the Sent, try a Guardian/Jugg again, or something else entirely? Any help would be great!

Sorry for the long post....not my thing but it just kinda happened.

Thanks!
TL;DR
Should I keep playing Sent, switch to Guardian/Jugg, or something else? Also, a guild in Jedi Covenant would help me get back up and get back into the game, so if anyone knows one let me know.
a properly played focus sentinel is the strongest pvp class right now. but pyro powertech is also extremly powerful and super easy to play (flameburst+ rail shot ...repeat.. more or less).
juggernouts in rage spec are great too but are "harder" to play then pyro and sentinel.

in pve dps sentinel and pyro pt are way better then jugg.