One planet is not an expansion

Darth-Rammstein

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it is if you think you're geting cathar with it you're sadly mistaken since it has already been said they will go right to the cash shop so have fun paying for the cat people to :p lol

Who freaking cares?? Subs get enough coins per month to get the cat people for free. Unless your just silly and spend all those free cartel coins on silly packs..

We get enough coins per year to get extra races and then some.

Who freaking cares?? Subs get enough coins per month to get the cat people for free. Unless your just silly and spend all those free cartel coins on silly packs..

We get enough coins per year to get extra races and then some.

who gives a shnell if sub gets coins, what do we have to spend them on exactly cos it aint content. Makeb is a money grab plain and simple, if people want an example of bait and switch this is it. Makeb was touted as the biggest none expansion content ever seen to get subscribers back and ow look.

Edited by Shingara

I wonder if there is going to be a real expansion at some point? This is is just a laugh I cant take seriously. They claim we have only seen the "tip of the iceberg", but I bet you all that the they have made a very unnatural iceberg that is actually smaller downside than upside.

Right now they just want alot of people to pre-order this..thing..and we dont even know what I contains. Sure a new planet and bla bla bla lvl cap 55. But where the rest of it?? Id like alot more details before I pre-order.

Also I paid roughly 63 euroes for the original game, that is including pre-order and is roughly the same as 83$. Now..9.99$ is roughly 12% of 83$, so I would expect this so called expansion to expand 12% of the original games size. I can maybe go as low as 10% but thats it.

Obviously that is not going to happen with EA at the helm, and quite frankly they should be ashamed of themselves and I despice them for doing business this way and the hiding behind BW so they can take all the crap on this site..and yes that is including my own crap.

In any case id say this DLC should not cost more than 0.99$ since I doubt the content will be much more worth.

Be gentle with the flaming of my outburst guys people, I only call as I personally see it.

Please learn to read too, if you had read this topic instead of jumping to the back you would fully understand that this was touted as a none expansion patch by james ohlen, it was touted as such to get subscribers back and now hickman has slapped expansion on it to grab more money from subscribers.

The whole reason subscribers get coins is for examples like Makeb where they put a monetery value on it outside of subscription so it can be bought with complimentary coins. The only person who likes to hear there own voice is you cos you sure aint listening to anyone elses. And this aint about races, its about makeb.

Please show me the interview or quote that says that by James who is no longer with the company because he sucked.

Another piece of news another kick to TORs groin PR wise.

I really hope for BWs sake that quality wise makeb hits it out of the park, quest and world design wise. If all this controversy regarding story content and pricing is followed up by a mediocre product to boot.... christ. TOR needs a win badly to jumpstart into 2013 (and tie it over to the first full blown xpac, assuming it's in the works). And this isn't the best of starts.

But people can still be won over if Makeb takes it up a notch over the vanilla planets which tbh, shouldn't be too hard. Should it?

Edited by aeterno

I wonder if there is going to be a real expansion at some point? This is is just a laugh I cant take seriously. They claim we have only seen the "tip of the iceberg", but I bet you all that the they have made a very unnatural iceberg that is actually smaller downside than upside.

Right now they just want alot of people to pre-order this..thing..and we dont even know what I contains. Sure a new planet and bla bla bla lvl cap 55. But where the rest of it?? Id like alot more details before I pre-order.

Also I paid roughly 63 euroes for the original game, that is including pre-order and is roughly the same as 83$. Now..9.99$ is roughly 12% of 83$, so I would expect this so called expansion to expand 12% of the original games size. I can maybe go as low as 10% but thats it.

Obviously that is not going to happen with EA at the helm, and quite frankly they should be ashamed of themselves and I despice them for doing business this way and the hiding behind BW so they can take all the crap on this site..and yes that is including my own crap.

In any case id say this DLC should not cost more than 0.99$ since I doubt the content will be much more worth.

Be gentle with the flaming of my outburst guys people, I only call as I personally see it.

Real expansion will be the open space part of the game.

If anyone's noticed, all of these '6 week content updates' they've been releasing were initially all part of the same patch. Makeb included.

This is not true. There were quite a few content patches planned that contained different parts of the content that we've had. If you go back and read some of the older interviews about it, it was clearly something they started working on later on. Though I agree that it's likely been mostly complete for some time.

Agreed..I would consider a real expansion as well. But will it ever see the light of day? Im not so sure as I was 6 months ago.

I have some doubts too man but all we can do is hope. Not worth our time or energy to worry about it. But in a recent interview they did say they have played it but it was still a ways off.

But the fact is you can still buy the game with your coins you earn with your sub , correct? ? Or am i wrong??

You won't be able to do that here , and yes it has been said that you cannot buy with cartel coins.

It has been said that you can't PRE-ORDER with Cartel Coins. Unless something has been added in the last 18 hours, no mention of whether or not it would be available after it launches.

It has been said that you can't PRE-ORDER with Cartel Coins. Unless something has been added in the last 18 hours, no mention of whether or not it would be available after it launches.

To answer the question posed here about purchasing Rise of the Hutt Cartel:

We'd like to clarify that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for purchase through SWTOR.com/buy only, and there won't be an option to purchase it using Cartel Coins.

Please look before you speak. This ground has been covered...a few times.

I have some doubts too man but all we can do is hope. Not worth our time or energy to worry about it. But in a recent interview they did say they have played it but it was still a ways off.

True..I did read that interview somewhere. I guess we will have to see. But even if it does come out, we now know that I wont bu untill well into 2013, if even in 2013.

Lucky there are other games coming out. I am personally looing forward to trying out Age of Wushu;).

Edited by Cbaoth

True..I did read that interview somewhere. I guess we will have to see. But even if it does come out, we now know that I wont bu untill well into 2013, if even in 2013.

Lucky there are other games coming out. I am personally looing forward to trying out Age of Wushu;).

Yea I will be trying out some other games. Not playing Swtor even though I'm subbed until Makeb. Myself and other are letting some content build up before we come back.

It's possible but unconfirmed, the world Varl, the original homeworld of the Hutts, may also be included in the expansion. It was originally planned for 1.4 but got pushed back, would make sense to include it, particularly since the expansion revolves around the Hutts. Edited by Vitas

It's possible but unconfirmed, the world Varl, the original homeworld of the Hutts, may also be included in the expansion. It was originally planned for 1.4 but got pushed back, would make sense to include it.

Link...or it didn't happen.

Link...or it didn't happen.

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leaks

Like I said it's possible since the expansion revolves around the Hutts and Varl was intended for 1.4. If you look at 1.3 in that link, you'll see a lot of it was split up and made into 1.3 to 1.6. That's why I'm certain Varl could be considered to be included with the expansion, but this is only based on presumption.

Edited by Vitas

Like I said it's possible since the expansion revolves around the Hutts and Varl was intended for 1.4. If you look at 1.3 in that link, you'll see a lot of it was split up and made into 1.3 to 1.6. That's why I'm certain Varl could be considered to be included with the expansion, but this is only based on presumption.

Now here is someone that reads all the interviews and remembers them.

Remember folks they said on the expansion page MORE INFO TO COME.. BUT don't build up your hopes and dreams either. It's a game if it happen it happen if not GO THE FREAK OUTSIDE!!

Dailies + Operation ≠ Planet

I don't really think we need a new daily area unless it offer Black Hole comms instead of Daily comms (Illum, Belsvais, Black Hole District, Section X) but a new Operation is always welcome:)

Dailies + Operation ≠ Planet

I don't really think we need a new daily area unless it offer Black Hole comms instead of Daily comms (Illum, Belsvais, Black Hole District, Section X) but a new Operation is always welcome:)

The expansion page says level 55 along with new gear. This might mean there could be new commendations to earn along with new elite gear to purchase with. Would make perfect sense unless Makeb may have its own dailies.

Edited by Vitas