Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

aeterno
12.19.2012 , 02:27 AM | #81
Another piece of news another kick to TORs groin PR wise.

I really hope for BWs sake that quality wise makeb hits it out of the park, quest and world design wise. If all this controversy regarding story content and pricing is followed up by a mediocre product to boot.... christ. TOR needs a win badly to jumpstart into 2013 (and tie it over to the first full blown xpac, assuming it's in the works). And this isn't the best of starts.

But people can still be won over if Makeb takes it up a notch over the vanilla planets which tbh, shouldn't be too hard. Should it?

Galvatron
12.19.2012 , 02:29 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Cbaoth View Post
I wonder if there is going to be a real expansion at some point? This is is just a laugh I cant take seriously. They claim we have only seen the "tip of the iceberg", but I bet you all that the they have made a very unnatural iceberg that is actually smaller downside than upside.

Right now they just want alot of people to pre-order this..thing..and we dont even know what I contains. Sure a new planet and bla bla bla lvl cap 55. But where the rest of it?? Id like alot more details before I pre-order.

Also I paid roughly 63 euroes for the original game, that is including pre-order and is roughly the same as 83$. Now..9.99$ is roughly 12% of 83$, so I would expect this so called expansion to expand 12% of the original games size. I can maybe go as low as 10% but thats it.
Obviously that is not going to happen with EA at the helm, and quite frankly they should be ashamed of themselves and I despice them for doing business this way and the hiding behind BW so they can take all the crap on this site..and yes that is including my own crap.

In any case id say this DLC should not cost more than 0.99$ since I doubt the content will be much more worth.

Be gentle with the flaming of my outburst guys people, I only call as I personally see it.
Real expansion will be the open space part of the game.
Galvatron/OptimasCO Founder Sinister
"The trick in life is knowing when to pick your pain and for what reason"
Sith PVP - SWG pre-CU/NGE BLOODFIN

Taorus
12.19.2012 , 02:29 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
Please show me the interview or quote that says that by James who is no longer with the company because he sucked.
http://torwars.com/2012/06/11/video-...s-ohlen-at-e3/

Go to 5:10.

chuixupu
12.19.2012 , 02:30 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Fenshire View Post
If anyone's noticed, all of these '6 week content updates' they've been releasing were initially all part of the same patch. Makeb included.
This is not true. There were quite a few content patches planned that contained different parts of the content that we've had. If you go back and read some of the older interviews about it, it was clearly something they started working on later on. Though I agree that it's likely been mostly complete for some time.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Shingara
12.19.2012 , 02:31 AM | #85
Please show me the interview or quote that says that by James who is no longer with the company because he sucked.
and again http://www.examiner.com/article/ea-a...to-subscribers
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Cbaoth
12.19.2012 , 02:34 AM | #86
Real expansion will be the open space part of the game.
Agreed..I would consider a real expansion as well. But will it ever see the light of day? Im not so sure as I was 6 months ago.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body”

chuixupu
12.19.2012 , 02:35 AM | #87
Actually he is still with the company.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Galvatron
12.19.2012 , 02:36 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Cbaoth View Post
Agreed..I would consider a real expansion as well. But will it ever see the light of day? Im not so sure as I was 6 months ago.
I have some doubts too man but all we can do is hope. Not worth our time or energy to worry about it. But in a recent interview they did say they have played it but it was still a ways off.
Galvatron/OptimasCO Founder Sinister
"The trick in life is knowing when to pick your pain and for what reason"
Sith PVP - SWG pre-CU/NGE BLOODFIN

Grayseven
12.19.2012 , 02:48 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by grombrinda View Post
But the fact is you can still buy the game with your coins you earn with your sub , correct? ? Or am i wrong??

You won't be able to do that here , and yes it has been said that you cannot buy with cartel coins.
It has been said that you can't PRE-ORDER with Cartel Coins. Unless something has been added in the last 18 hours, no mention of whether or not it would be available after it launches.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

Taorus
12.19.2012 , 02:52 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
It has been said that you can't PRE-ORDER with Cartel Coins. Unless something has been added in the last 18 hours, no mention of whether or not it would be available after it launches.
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To answer the question posed here about purchasing Rise of the Hutt Cartel:

We'd like to clarify that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for purchase through SWTOR.com/buy only, and there won't be an option to purchase it using Cartel Coins.
Please look before you speak. This ground has been covered...a few times.