Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BrianDavion
12.19.2012 , 01:23 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
Correction, you can buy the Lotro expansions with the coins after the expansion has been launched to players that paid to buy it, isengard was like a week and a half after people buy it, you cant pre-order with turbine points. Bioware could very well do the same after the expansion has launched like lotro does, they have not said eiether way so at the moment it is no different to lotro.
in fact I';d bet the expansion will be in the shop. proably chopped into multiple bits. JUST LIKE LOTRO

Talosred
12.19.2012 , 01:24 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Jumajin View Post
Yeah, now yet another F2P to save its life game.

As a matter of fact, the entire SOE library went F2P to remain alive.

Great example, that one.
The subscription model is pretty much dead really have to agree with some of the people over at RPS in regards to mmos.

Ifrica
12.19.2012 , 01:25 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazaganthis View Post
So because other idiots do cash grabs we should be forced to sit through them? Good logic.
no, but because 'those idiots', there are people that do market research who think it's justifiable, blame the current economics over the world if you will. you missed my point (seems this is a 'hip' answer to give nowadays)
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

Fenshire
12.19.2012 , 01:29 AM | #74
If anyone's noticed, all of these '6 week content updates' they've been releasing were initially all part of the same patch. Makeb included. Since summer, when this was all announced, you haven't seen any plans for any actual 'new' content beyond the original Makeb patch.

Let's face it... Makeb is done, and has been for some time. All they are doing is stalling for time until EA figures out what they're going to do with this game. Additional content beyond Makeb is not being worked on (in my opinion).

This F2P system (as well as milking subscribers for additional money) is obviously not a long term plan. They are trying to scoop up as much money as they possibly can in the shortest amount of time possible. This has been shown with the lack of an anniversary event, with Life Day being exclusively on the Cartel Market, and now slapping a price onto an already diminished free content update and calling it an expansion.

It's my belief that after they run out of pre-existing content (aka, Makeb), EA's going to cut their losses and close the game down.
The Trust
The Department of Energy
| Explorer: 67% | Socializer: 67% | Killer: 53% | Achiever: 13% |
Take two kolto packs and call me in the morning!

Galvatron
12.19.2012 , 02:06 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.
LOL REALLY MAN!!! This is considered a DLC expansion they didn't cal it a full expansion. If it was a full expansion it would be 39.99.

9.99 for what we are getting is very much worth it. Once they come out with a full expansion for 39.99 you complainers will think it's the end of the world lol.
Galvatron/OptimasCO Founder Sinister
"The trick in life is knowing when to pick your pain and for what reason"
Sith PVP - SWG pre-CU/NGE BLOODFIN

Kenlonis
12.19.2012 , 02:15 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Abiza View Post
It's not just a planet....
yes it is if you think you're geting cathar with it you're sadly mistaken since it has already been said they will go right to the cash shop so have fun paying for the cat people to :P lol

Galvatron
12.19.2012 , 02:18 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Kenlonis View Post
yes it is if you think you're geting cathar with it you're sadly mistaken since it has already been said they will go right to the cash shop so have fun paying for the cat people to :P lol
Who freaking cares?? Subs get enough coins per month to get the cat people for free. Unless your just silly and spend all those free cartel coins on silly packs..

We get enough coins per year to get extra races and then some.

Shingara
12.19.2012 , 02:19 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
Who freaking cares?? Subs get enough coins per month to get the cat people for free. Unless your just silly and spend all those free cartel coins on silly packs..

We get enough coins per year to get extra races and then some.
who gives a shnell if sub gets coins, what do we have to spend them on exactly cos it aint content. Makeb is a money grab plain and simple, if people want an example of bait and switch this is it. Makeb was touted as the biggest none expansion content ever seen to get subscribers back and ow look.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Cbaoth
12.19.2012 , 02:26 AM | #79
I wonder if there is going to be a real expansion at some point? This is is just a laugh I cant take seriously. They claim we have only seen the "tip of the iceberg", but I bet you all that the they have made a very unnatural iceberg that is actually smaller downside than upside.

Right now they just want alot of people to pre-order this..thing..and we dont even know what I contains. Sure a new planet and bla bla bla lvl cap 55. But where the rest of it?? Id like alot more details before I pre-order.

Also I paid roughly 63 euroes for the original game, that is including pre-order and is roughly the same as 83$. Now..9.99$ is roughly 12% of 83$, so I would expect this so called expansion to expand 12% of the original games size. I can maybe go as low as 10% but thats it.
Obviously that is not going to happen with EA at the helm, and quite frankly they should be ashamed of themselves and I despice them for doing business this way and the hiding behind BW so they can take all the crap on this site..and yes that is including my own crap.

In any case id say this DLC should not cost more than 0.99$ since I doubt the content will be much more worth.

Be gentle with the flaming of my outburst guys people, I only call as I personally see it.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body”

Galvatron
12.19.2012 , 02:27 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Please learn to read too, if you had read this topic instead of jumping to the back you would fully understand that this was touted as a none expansion patch by james ohlen, it was touted as such to get subscribers back and now hickman has slapped expansion on it to grab more money from subscribers.

The whole reason subscribers get coins is for examples like Makeb where they put a monetery value on it outside of subscription so it can be bought with complimentary coins. The only person who likes to hear there own voice is you cos you sure aint listening to anyone elses. And this aint about races, its about makeb.
Please show me the interview or quote that says that by James who is no longer with the company because he sucked.