Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

HuaRya
12.18.2012 , 05:35 PM | #1811
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
Just a quick update on this increasingly arid thread.
1. They don't want to run into server best premades in match after match.
2. They don't want gear gap to impact their performance (GW2 has no gear gap now)
3. They don't want to play without cross-server queues and a reasonable match-making system.
4. They don't want to play a game with dead ranked and no tournament ladders and guild v guild matches.
4. They thought cc was out of control.
Do we really want to cater to these people at the cost of losing many many more potential players?
I have lvl 50 toons in both factions and when I queue it's premades or partial premades versus some of the saddest recruit geared solo players 4 out of 5 matches. But that 5th match when it's pug vs pug is so fun due to the random nature that I keep playing.

Yes, I have been offered worthwhile premade teams to join but I really don't want to get on a headset and play a set position or specific task. It would be so much less frustrating if the developers simply improved their matching system. For those of us that follow these threads we can agree that the current system does a fill around a larger group.

Threnos
12.18.2012 , 08:00 PM | #1812
Longest thread ever! Don't even know what all the content covers but this is obviously a controversial topic. Just want to throw my vote in for restricting access to non-ranked warzones. They made ranked warzones for a reason. 4-mans can go play there if they want. And we all know what really happens...two 4-mans get together, either from the same guild or two allied guilds, and it's pretty much a wipe for the poor pug from the get go. No point in even sticking around for such games sadly. Send any 4-man or above to ranked I say!

Jonoku
12.18.2012 , 10:15 PM | #1813
Quote: Originally Posted by Ssfbistimg View Post
lol only thing killing regular warzones are the masses of bads.
More like the gear is unbalanced currently which they are working on to fix.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

DarthSabreth
12.18.2012 , 10:47 PM | #1814
Quote: Originally Posted by Threnos View Post
Longest thread ever! Don't even know what all the content covers but this is obviously a controversial topic. Just want to throw my vote in for restricting access to non-ranked warzones. They made ranked warzones for a reason. 4-mans can go play there if they want. And we all know what really happens...two 4-mans get together, either from the same guild or two allied guilds, and it's pretty much a wipe for the poor pug from the get go. No point in even sticking around for such games sadly. Send any 4-man or above to ranked I say!
I agree and alot of others including myself have suggested it. The biggest issue with ranked right now is there is no cross server pvp que so the folks queing up for ranked will wait most of the day just for one game. Alot of people are turned off from pvping due to the overly excessive CC's and the premades. BW really needs to fix this to retain subs.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

iHernyx
12.19.2012 , 12:24 AM | #1815
If running into a good premade in non-regular warzones wasn't difficult enough to handle how unlucky should I be that I ran into TWO premades in the same team, unfortunately our team didn't have anyone above lvl 35 and the match ended in no time. They should make it so that when you queue group you will get matched with and against other groups/premades and not with those who queued solo, you know like a different stance.

cashogy
12.19.2012 , 01:59 AM | #1816
Quote: Originally Posted by Threnos View Post
ranked warzones are a joke. there is no incentive to do them, the 8 man requirement is massively restrictive, the overall pool of players doing ranked is continuing to shrink, and we are still in preseason.

if bioware fixes ranked pvp and class balance then this whole issue will sort itself out.

UncelSam
12.19.2012 , 02:06 AM | #1817
Seems most players are unhappy with the WZ of 8 vs 8 players. And I agree its a dumb system boxing in 8 vs 8 players in a WZ, it becomes real easily predictable who will win and you cant do anything about it, since your boxed in. Add the possibility that either part of the players can be a fully balanced premade team too, and youll se how little playerskill can add to the equation. And theres is no playerskill to talk about since we got "expertise" instead.

You need open space pvp areas like the oulaw den or ilum, so please just add pvp missions in these areas so you can earn comms/medals by visiting these areas too!!! its an easy fix!!!

Why dont we hear anything from Bioware of comming changes?

cashogy
12.19.2012 , 02:13 AM | #1818
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Why dont we hear anything from Bioware of comming changes?
because they have no coming changes to tell us about

ArchangelLBC
12.19.2012 , 02:34 AM | #1819
soon

/5char
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

foxmob
12.19.2012 , 03:21 AM | #1820
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
ranked warzones are a joke. there is no incentive to do them, the 8 man requirement is massively restrictive, the overall pool of players doing ranked is continuing to shrink, and we are still in preseason.

if bioware fixes ranked pvp and class balance then this whole issue will sort itself out.
the number of teams/guilds that queue for ranked is on the rise again on JC. it's not good by any means, but it's on the rise. there are 3 or 4 imp guilds and 4 or so rep guilds that do queue and aren't chickens with their heads cut off. there are a few lower tier guilds also trying to get into it. granted, we're coming off an all time low, but the past couple weeks have actually seen a spike -- at least that's what it looks like from my perspective.
Krackerjäck VG | Krackerjak PT | Krackcommando | Deinon Merc | other stuff on Jedi Covenant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.