Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kazaganthis
12.19.2012 , 01:01 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
So what is considered an expansion then? 2 planets? 3?
More than 2 hours of content on a planet that was a content update as called by JAMES OHLEN. Hell you can get 5 levels on ANY planet right now. Its not going to be any bigger. An expansion is supposed to EXPAND on the game. Not give more of the exact same rehashed **** we already have. Btw look up Game Update 1.4. Thats what this really is. You know...before the Dark Times...of F2P and adding in what shouldve been in at launch.

Shingara
12.19.2012 , 01:03 AM | #62
well 1st i would say that if its based on planet scales we have now then atleast 3-4 planets, it should also include class story and new mini games. It could but is not forced to include a new race. They could push the boat out and put bh, agents, smugglers and trooper vareints on the other side with either a new starting zone or put them with there mirrored class's starting areas. it should also have its own new fset of flashpoints and operations specifically designed for the increased levels, not reworked old flashpoints bar the heroic mode of flashpoints and nightmare mode of operations being set to 55.

Another example of what would be a true expantion is the space game, a fully fledge space game not the on rails thing we have now. With guild ships and space pvp and pve.

What makeb stands for is nothing beyond a cheap money grab for what has already been stated as a none expansion patch content.

No one is against real expansions and im sure that people would pay good money for a real expantion and real expansions are a given to cost ontop of subscriptions.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Zaxem
12.19.2012 , 01:04 AM | #63
to me any update that increases the level cap is a expansion
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Ifrica
12.19.2012 , 01:06 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by grombrinda View Post
Umm it's not 8 different story lines...more like one epic storyline,confirmed elsewhere. And it's only 10$ if you pre-order, 20$ on release. I wouldn't pre-order unless they give all the details out.
10 for subs , 20 for f2p, the price has nothing to do with pre-order or release.
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

Talosred
12.19.2012 , 01:08 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
10 for subs , 20 for f2p, the price has nothing to do with pre-order or release.
Finally someone got hat.

Kazaganthis
12.19.2012 , 01:08 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
to me any update that increases the level cap is a expansion
Then you have no idea what an expansion is.

Ifrica
12.19.2012 , 01:10 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by erei View Post
So if I add 10lvl to your favorite MMO, and a single short quest with enough xp to make those lvl, can I charge 10$ for it ?
I should have work in a videogame company !
alot of the DLC content for PS3 games would like word with you, they charge 5 dollar for a character costume etc, here we get a planet which we don't know the size of yet, is there a fp/op that goes with it? ar there cool things to do that they ahven't anounced yet? we don't know, but in my opinion the 8 euro isn't that bad seeing what's being charged for dlc content in other games.
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

Kazaganthis
12.19.2012 , 01:14 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
alot of the DLC content for PS3 games would like word with you, they charge 5 dollar for a character costume etc, here we get a planet which we don't know the size of yet, is there a fp/op that goes with it? ar there cool things to do that they ahven't anounced yet? we don't know, but in my opinion the 8 euro isn't that bad seeing what's being charged for dlc content in other games.
So because other idiots do cash grabs we should be forced to sit through them? Good logic.

Talosred
12.19.2012 , 01:16 AM | #69
Anyone played everquest 2 back in the day and recall their expansions and how ranging in size they could be?

Jumajin
12.19.2012 , 01:19 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Talosred View Post
Anyone played everquest 2 back in the day and recall their expansions and how ranging in size they could be?
Yeah, now yet another F2P to save its life game.

As a matter of fact, the entire SOE library went F2P to remain alive.

Great example, that one.