Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Patches on Hold now?

chuixupu
12.18.2012 , 09:18 PM | #11
the live Q&A indicated the next patch would be out around January-February because of the holidays. That will probably be the last content patch before Makeb in the spring.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Prettyevilish
12.18.2012 , 09:21 PM | #12
Cathar was already announced, in a livestream on 11/30(?ish) to be going into the market. They said they will base whether they make future species on how well cathar sells.

byteresistor
12.18.2012 , 09:22 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Trevalon View Post
lol! I cant wait for all the defenders to be "shocked" when they announce all this stuff is being pushed back to the expansion.
You will be wrong, and you will still find something to complain about.

ElitehunterDS
12.18.2012 , 09:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
Cathar was already announced, in a livestream on 11/30(?ish) to be going into the market. They said they will base whether they make future species on how well cathar sells.
So if you want any other species, buy the Cathar, even if you arent going to use it.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

siegedeluxe
12.18.2012 , 10:12 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
yawnnnn..... isnt news you know.... its the dark side of capitalism, it only means it catch up to thegaming industry.
In the vid from 4:14, I would Imagine this is a daily occurrence for people working on SWTOR.

revansowns
12.18.2012 , 11:05 PM | #16
An expansion consisting of:

Makeb
Ilum
Cathar
Level Cap Increase
New Story

Is pretty fair value for 10 bucks in my book. I wouldn't have a problem with it *shrug*
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

chuixupu
12.18.2012 , 11:05 PM | #17
Pretty sure they said Cathar would not be included in the price of the expansion, FYI. And supposedly Ilum is coming before it (but not certain).
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Shingara
12.18.2012 , 11:07 PM | #18
well lets look at this as a devils advocate ok.

Release content at the rate they said we would get it and that leaves less content for the so called expansion to justify a cost ontop of subscriptions which would show makeb for what it is, a big content patch. Or hold everything back for makeb, break there promise of content releases and have the makeb patch.... sorry expansion be bigger then what it actually is by simply hordin all the content between then and now.

And hey, bioware dont break there word right.... right ? ( looks at ohlen running away from hickman)
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Rafaman
12.18.2012 , 11:14 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Trevalon View Post
lol! I cant wait for all the defenders to be "shocked" when they announce all this stuff is being pushed back to the expansion.
Well from what I've read and seen in the Q&A, the plan has been set for sometime. Speculation on my part, but from the interviews it seems these things are being treated on separate time tables. And we know that the next major patch, 1.7 will be Illum.

My guess is that they will remain separate as they have different teams working on them and they are at different stages in the dev process. Pretty common practice. Only time will tell. But we should know in mid Jan.

Trevalon
12.18.2012 , 11:20 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Well from what I've read and seen in the Q&A, the plan has been set for sometime. Speculation on my part, but from the interviews it seems these things are being treated on separate time tables. And we know that the next major patch, 1.7 will be Illum.

My guess is that they will remain separate as they have different teams working on them and they are at different stages in the dev process. Pretty common practice. Only time will tell. But we should know in mid Jan.
Yeap, and we also knew that Makeb was going to be a free content patch....Just wait sir, 1.7 is already pushed back to Jan/Feb, to which it will be pushed back again to Feb/March and then suddenly its going to get lumped into ROTHC....Do you think the "were pushing 1.7 back for the Holiday's" was the truth? LoL! With all the lies Bioware has thrown around I am surprised you would believe this one....Its being pushed back so that we will forget it was promised us so it can be lumped into ROTHC

Just wait and see.