Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jorill
12.18.2012 , 09:26 PM | #21
Here is my take on this topic in general. Anything with a level cap increase i expect to be a paid expansion in an mmo. I was surprised when it was initially announced we wouldnt have to pay for it and then when they changed their minds its pretty much what i expected

DarthVoi
12.18.2012 , 09:28 PM | #22
For $10 you get a new planet, 8 different storyline, and new patches that would probably ad flashpoints and ops onto it, is that too expensive to people? The amount of lore they put into this exp is likely more than a WoW expansion could afford, consider it's one for each class.

grombrinda
12.18.2012 , 09:28 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by jorill View Post
nope. Im not sure if they changed that t now but you had to buy expansions in lotro if you had a subscription
Got my answer earlier and apparently they did change it so you can use your coins to buy, maybe a little later than out right buying it , but still....
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

TalkingDinosaur
12.18.2012 , 09:28 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
I'd imagine it's no larger than current planets such as Hoth or Tatooine.
Quote:
Stay tuned for more information coming soon - Over the next few months we will reveal more exciting new features!
Leave it to the internet to read up to the point to make their 5cents.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

grombrinda
12.18.2012 , 09:30 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVoi View Post
For $10 you get a new planet, 8 different storyline, and new patches that would probably ad flashpoints and ops onto it, is that too expensive to people? The amount of lore they put into this exp is likely more than a WoW expansion could afford, consider it's one for each class.
Umm it's not 8 different story lines...more like one epic storyline,confirmed elsewhere. And it's only 10$ if you pre-order, 20$ on release. I wouldn't pre-order unless they give all the details out.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

philrowen
12.18.2012 , 09:31 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by grombrinda View Post
Umm it's not 8 different story lines...more like one epic storyline,confirmed elsewhere. And it's only 10$ if you pre-order, 20$ on release. I wouldn't pre-order unless they give all the details out.
Two storylines.

grombrinda
12.18.2012 , 09:32 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by philrowen View Post
Two storylines.
Oh yeah your right , my bad.

Prettyevilish
12.18.2012 , 09:34 PM | #28
It's NOT going to be 8 different storylines. It was already confirmed in dev tracker that the new planet is just a planet storyline. That means 2 basic quests, one for imps and one for pubs. Get your story straight about what you're paying for before you tell us we're overreacting.

Not to mention, it's STILL not about the money, it's about what we were told and then the Hickman Effect.

Darth-Rammstein
12.18.2012 , 09:35 PM | #29
If you are going to bring WoW into your argument then I'll make a comparison for you. Makeb is nothing more than Isle of Quel'Danas. That zone had a new instance and a new raid and dailies and guess what? No additional cost to subscribers, just added content in a patch.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

LordArtemis
12.18.2012 , 09:37 PM | #30
In my opinion it is, as long as it's cheap.

I think, without finding out the other things the "expansion" will offer the amount offered matches the price point, especially at 10 bucks.