Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Patches on Hold now?

Trevalon
12.18.2012 , 09:04 PM | #1
So with F2P they had a content patch drought while they got ready for the super awesome Cartel Market.

Now Supposedly we were going to get Makeb, Cathar, and Illum in patches for free. Suddently, out of the blue, Makeb is going to cost everyone 10-20 bucks and they are calling it an "expansion" but in reality they know and we all know its not a true "expansion."

Who wants to put some money right now that Illum as well as Cathar are going to be pushed back and included in the "Expansion" It certainly would feel more "expansiony" with that content.

Sorry for all those waiting for their free Illum and Cathar, but I would bet you 5000 cartel coins that they are now going to be part of the new ROTHC.

Ya know, I find it kind of ironic that they made it about the Hutts considering the whole lore behind what the Hutts are... Bioware ...Hutts...

It all makes sense now!

Nemmar
12.18.2012 , 09:07 PM | #2
Where exactly did you pull this from?

Shingara
12.18.2012 , 09:10 PM | #3
I wouldnt be shocked if they did and touted the reason for it as they are working on the expansion.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Trevalon
12.18.2012 , 09:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Where exactly did you pull this from?
I dont know? Logic? Considering they have already started to tack dollar signs onto content they promised as updates....

philrowen
12.18.2012 , 09:13 PM | #5
This is not logic. It is assumptions not based on evidence.

Korusus
12.18.2012 , 09:13 PM | #6
Even better, Cathar have already been announced as a Cash Shop only item. Ilum is a vague hint of a promise about something that may or may not actually happen and likely isn't nearly as big or important as some people have read into it being.

byteresistor
12.18.2012 , 09:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
I wouldnt be shocked if they did and touted the reason for it as they are working on the expansion.
Yeah a game that has seen a steady decline on subs is not going to release new content for many months to come, that'll sure fix things.

1.7 will be on the PTR very soon so you'll just have to be shocked.

Shingara
12.18.2012 , 09:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by byteresistor View Post
Yeah a game that has seen a steady decline on subs is not going to release new content for many months to come, that'll sure fix things.

1.7 will be on the PTR very soon so you'll just have to be shocked.
ow ye cos making subs pay for a patch wont hurt will it. They simply do not care anymore.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

grombrinda
12.18.2012 , 09:16 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by philrowen View Post
This is not logic. It is assumptions not based on evidence.
***??? Seriously??? And I supposed they are not gonna sell end game items because they said they wouldn't ???
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

Trevalon
12.18.2012 , 09:17 PM | #10
lol! I cant wait for all the defenders to be "shocked" when they announce all this stuff is being pushed back to the expansion.