Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

bright_ephemera
12.17.2012 , 05:27 PM | #411
Last post before this moves thread. Lodestone: What's in a Name? 250 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler

and Lodestone: Sacrifice. 400 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
12.17.2012 , 05:43 PM | #412
Poor Ruth and her attachment to emotionally-unavailable guys. At least this one's a good guy, regardless of his disabilities
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
12.17.2012 , 06:50 PM | #413
<.< ... >.>

I'm'a hawk the Lodestone standalone thread once: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=573432

As of right this minute there's no new content on it, but the story continuation is there. Because 47,000 words was excessive for the short fic threads.

(Edit: Stuff's up, so that's started.)
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Estelindis
12.18.2012 , 08:51 PM | #414
I've been enjoying Lodestones immensely. Thank you for writing so much so well.

Would feel a little strange posting this to the new thread when it's only been story updates from you so far. Almost as if I'd sully the thread somehow. Irrational thoughts ftw.

bright_ephemera
12.18.2012 , 09:06 PM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Would feel a little strange posting this to the new thread when it's only been story updates from you so far. Almost as if I'd sully the thread somehow. Irrational thoughts ftw.
I'm glad you enjoy! Please, feel free to comment over there...I feel like I'm talking to myself for 22 posts in a row XD

With any luck my muse will start letting me do interesting slips of other worlds sometime soon.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
12.21.2012 , 04:40 PM | #416
Good heavens, I've killed the thread.

Umm, here, have some prompts?

Week of 12/21/2012:
Laws and Governance: Our characters pass through a huge number of jurisdictions with a huge variety of regulations, forms of government, fine print, and - eek - legal penalties. Write about an interaction your character has had with government and/or the legal system.
Failure: Our characters have flaws. They have bad days. They do it wrong. And sometimes they don't win. What failures have your characters experienced? What, if anything, did they learn from it?

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675 .
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
12.22.2012 , 12:47 AM | #417
Holiday Baking Insanity killed the thread--at least at my house. So sorry for lack of participation!

These are great prompts,though, and thank goodness for Zombie Prompt since I can just keep writing on them.

kabeone
12.28.2012 , 12:46 PM | #418
Another prompt! Thank goodness for Night of the Living Prompt!

Week of 12/28/2012:
Alternate Perspectives: Something a little different, most of the time we tell a story from a single character's perspective. But what were other characters thinking at the time? Rewrite one of your past pieces from another character's perspective or write a new fic from two characters perspectives. Use any prompt or just make something up.

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...21&postcount=2 OR steal one from the SFC
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.

Vesaniae
01.03.2013 , 08:34 PM | #419
It's been quite a while, but here is the next part of the Switchbladeverse, aka The AU That Got Away From Me and Developed a Mind of Its Own. I decided to split this last bit into two parts to keep it from getting ridiculously long and also so I'd feel like I accomplished something...

So! Night of the Living Prompt - Seasons: Winter, part one of two. Contains no class story spoilers.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
01.03.2013 , 08:45 PM | #420
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*deep breath*

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*hem* Where was I? Ah, yes. K'hera's rationalization for choosing the action she did even after having recovered her powers was, I think, called for, and playing Baras's known reach off her existing nigh-crippling fear of her previous ordeal is a good way to handle it.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!