Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dracokyaku
12.18.2012 , 08:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo
Kashyyyk and Mustafar would like a word.

We're not aware of everything that will come along with Rise of the Hutt Cartel at this point, it would make sense to hold off on the criticism until we know more.

Regardless, it's 5.99.
Winter Silverwing | Red Eclipse
Smugglers Alliance:The home of Beer, Pie and Scoundrel minded folk.

Darth-Rammstein
12.18.2012 , 08:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by grombrinda View Post
Don't LotR subs get their allotted coins also and able to buy said expansion with it??

Just curious. ^^
Yep, you can buy the lotro expansion using their turbine points (cartel coin equivalent).
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Zeo_Stryder
12.18.2012 , 08:47 PM | #13
If that one planet has enough content in it that gets someone 5 levels higher, and at 48+ that can take awhile, I'd say thats within the ball park. Lets not forget that all the details have yet to be given.
My Review Blog: http://gamefawx.blogspot.com/

CE

grombrinda
12.18.2012 , 08:47 PM | #14
^ Thank you for answer.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

grombrinda
12.18.2012 , 08:48 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeo_Stryder View Post
If that one planet has enough content in it that gets someone 5 levels higher, and at 48+ that can take awhile, I'd say thats within the ball park. Lets not forget that all the details have yet to be given.
I hit lvl 50 on Belsavias....so not that hard.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

mentalmackem
12.18.2012 , 08:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Yep, you can buy the lotro expansion using their turbine points (cartel coin equivalent).
Correction, you can buy the Lotro expansions with the coins after the expansion has been launched to players that paid to buy it, isengard was like a week and a half after people buy it, you cant pre-order with turbine points. Bioware could very well do the same after the expansion has launched like lotro does, they have not said eiether way so at the moment it is no different to lotro.

grombrinda
12.18.2012 , 09:06 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
Correction, you can buy the Lotro expansions with the coins after the expansion has been launched to players that paid to buy it, isengard was like a week and a half after people buy it, you cant pre-order with turbine points. Bioware could very well do the same after the expansion has launched like lotro does, they have not said eiether way so at the moment it is no different to lotro.
But the fact is you can still buy the game with your coins you earn with your sub , correct? ? Or am i wrong??

You won't be able to do that here , and yes it has been said that you cannot buy with cartel coins.

Nemmar
12.18.2012 , 09:09 PM | #18
In essence i agree, though were yet to see what else we will get with it.

Its not the kind of expansion i had in mind, thats for sure.

BadOrb
12.18.2012 , 09:22 PM | #19
expanding my inventory is an expansion. So yeh one planet is a huge expanison for $10 ( 6).

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

jorill
12.18.2012 , 09:24 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by grombrinda View Post
Don't LotR subs get their allotted coins also and able to buy said expansion with it??

Just curious. ^^
nope. Im not sure if they changed that t now but you had to buy expansions in lotro if you had a subscription