Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth-Rammstein
12.18.2012 , 08:10 PM | #1
Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

AsheraII
12.18.2012 , 08:14 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo.
True, in most MMO's, an expansion covers at most an eighth of a planet.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

mentalmackem
12.18.2012 , 08:15 PM | #3
Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.
Lotro did a one zone expansion with 5 level increase only and several other 1 zone expansions, swg did 2 one planet expansions, everquest have done several 1 zone expansions, age of conan has done a 1 zone expansion.

byteresistor
12.18.2012 , 08:16 PM | #4
You don't know how big Makeb is. Stop with the damn hyperbole.

Darth-Rammstein
12.18.2012 , 08:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by byteresistor View Post
You don't know how big Makeb is. Stop with the damn hyperbole.
I'd imagine it's no larger than current planets such as Hoth or Tatooine.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Abiza
12.18.2012 , 08:20 PM | #6
It's not just a planet....
"At the end of the day everyone has to die, you should be honored the assassin chose you to die."

>>>It's not me! It's you! A guide to SWTOR PVP<<<

Clevelandboy
12.18.2012 , 08:20 PM | #7
Both SWG xpacks was a single planet for 4x the cash... Not to mention the last xpac in SWG was a bait and switch that gave us the NGE

erei
12.18.2012 , 08:20 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
True, in most MMO's, an expansion covers at most an eighth of a planet.
Don't tell me you expect to play on the whole planet ? Come on, don't be a fool.
Collector edition. Beta tester. P2P since Day One.
Cash Shop only Life Day event ? P2W ship items ? Makeb not free for P2P ?
Here is my Life Day gift for EAWHARE

byteresistor
12.18.2012 , 08:24 PM | #9
I'd imagine it's no larger than current planets such as Hoth or Tatooine.
Well stop imagining things to make a point and actually base your concerns on facts (which you don't have yet).

grombrinda
12.18.2012 , 08:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
Lotro did a one zone expansion with 5 level increase only and several other 1 zone expansions, swg did 2 one planet expansions, everquest have done several 1 zone expansions, age of conan has done a 1 zone expansion.
Don't LotR subs get their allotted coins also and able to buy said expansion with it??

Just curious. ^^
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!