Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse Engineering Other People's Crafted Black Hole Mods for schematics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reverse Engineering Other People's Crafted Black Hole Mods for schematics
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DawnAskham
12.02.2012 , 02:03 PM | #91
All I hear is 'whaaaaaaaa....I want to be a special snowflake and get to decide who is worthy of having end game items while charging those I deem worthy many multiples of the cost of mats'.

Grow up. You aren't special because you won the RE lottery, nor because you killed some boss in a video game.

In my opinion, none of the current end game stuff should RE to a schematic while it is still BIS (e.g. no 27s RE to schematics until 28s are available in a new Operation).

At the very least, crafting end game items should require a mat that only drops rarely in the same content, and thus keeps the amount of end-game crafted items very low.

As it is now, end game in SWTOR is a joke given people can RE BIS items, get schematics, turn around and craft stacks of them for themselves, their guild, their friends, and their server so they can all over-gear the content.

And don't even get me started on how stupid it is that bound mods can be pulled from drops and then sent to alts using legacy gear.

The fact that my level 25 Warrior Artificer has sets of end-game gear ready for when she hits 50 while being able to craft end game BIS enhancements is just beyond dumb game design.

Rest_in_Pieces
12.04.2012 , 04:12 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
You jelly? Go and raid yourselves, see how "easy" it is to get a rare schematic. This should be removed because of all those cheap-schem-stealers mats are going sky-high and no one is making proper money.
Making money is about business policy, not about this exploit/bug/feature. You just need to learn to swim in order to stay on top.
Honestly I do not understand the hype. Everyone has the same chances.
Luviel, Spark of Insanity

Bunions
12.04.2012 , 06:49 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
In my opinion, none of the current end game stuff should RE to a schematic while it is still BIS (e.g. no 27s RE to schematics until 28s are available in a new Operation).

At the very least, crafting end game items should require a mat that only drops rarely in the same content, and thus keeps the amount of end-game crafted items very low.

As it is now, end game in SWTOR is a joke given people can RE BIS items, get schematics, turn around and craft stacks of them for themselves, their guild, their friends, and their server so they can all over-gear the content.
THIS. Honestly the best point made in this thread.

1) seems the main complaint in this thread is that BiS gear should only be available to people that raid the content, if that's what you want then 27 schematics SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE LEARNED PERIOD. If you're gonna whine that people can get gear by spending credits then you shouldn't be able to make mods for your guildies/buddies who haven't raided the content before or be able to sell them for huge stacks of creds, completely hypocritical. Saying that "people should have an alternative to end game content by buying each mod/armoring/enhancement for 20 million creds each" is just a bs excuse for being greedy and wanting more money.

2) Another complaint I've seen is that people get gear too fast because of crafters and get bored with content. Well, it's their own prerogative if they want to get their mods from crafters or not, regardless of who they get it from (their own guild crafters included). This just again goes back to only one way to fix that problem: get rid of 27 schematics until 28 or higher comes out

3) Last complaint I noticed was that all these "schem-stealers" are killing the market by undercutting. There is still a HUGE profit to be made crafting 27 schematics, and let's be honest here.....the market would be DEAD for the 27 mods if they could not be learned from other crafters. Why? Because who in their right mind would really want to spend millions of credits on a measily upgrade, that extra 3 endurance really goes a long way huh? The majority of your profits have come from other crafters buying your stuff.

Now, we all know that dread guard gear is horribly optimized, so if they took away the 27 schematics, the only way to optimize would be by having to get multiple drops of the same piece to rip out the mods/enhancements you need for the rest of your gear. That just sounds like more of a bore and way more of a grind. So I vote to leave things the way they are now! You're still making money, still raiding the content for chances to RE some other sweet loot so by my observations it would seem that this "bug" has actually made the game more fun for people who raid high end content

asbalana
12.05.2012 , 10:51 AM | #94
LOL, I have gone the dungeon, raid, guild drama route and would rather take a stick in the eye (twice) than going there again. Another LOL, I group, face challenges, and work hard in RL and actually play games and MMOs for fun and relaxation. i know that is rare but what the heck.

I do feel for the raiders (that small percentage of players) that feel cheated because they are challenged now in being the uber MMO class. I am sorry for them in that their few nights a week of raiding is not bring the fame, glory, and wealth that they so richly deserve. I also feel sorry for MMO devs who spend 95+ percent of their time, effort, and resources in building a leveling game and have no clue what to do with characters at cap other than raid or die.

So I would like to chime in and let the entitled players and guilds know that I will not be "stealing" their patterns. I could since I have a great deal of credits which were earned the old fashioned way (learning and growing my crafting skills and building a good understanding of the GTN and game economy). I will just wait until levels 51 - 55 are added and then have my green drops be better than their now BIS gear.

No, I am not umadbro, I am amused and find this thread and many of the posters funny.

Alpine
12.18.2012 , 05:24 PM | #95
I fail to see what the problem with this is. I feel that items were too expensive as it was due to the rarity of stabilizers. I think this is win win for everyone. Crafters & the marketplace both.
A'lpine * Prophecy of the Five

DarthBloodloss
12.18.2012 , 06:29 PM | #96
Its not worth it to most players to attempt to "steal" a recipe.

Am I going to spend 1.2mil on an enhancement in an effort to try and learn it? Since it's 10% chance, I should set aside 12mil to learn this one enhancement.

Then I can maybe make a mil a day if I sit on fleet all day and not actually play the game. While that actually isn't a bad plan if it goes like that, the reality is that 95% of players do not have cash to fund this risky start-up. Nor do they have the patience or free time or desire.

Sure maybe some people are stealing the recipe but it has got to be a very tiny number of people. If there are 50 people with the power/surge enhancement recipe, are you really going to suffer if that number goes to 51?
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Alec_Fortescue
12.18.2012 , 07:24 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Its not worth it to most players to attempt to "steal" a recipe.

Am I going to spend 1.2mil on an enhancement in an effort to try and learn it? Since it's 10% chance, I should set aside 12mil to learn this one enhancement.

Then I can maybe make a mil a day if I sit on fleet all day and not actually play the game. While that actually isn't a bad plan if it goes like that, the reality is that 95% of players do not have cash to fund this risky start-up. Nor do they have the patience or free time or desire.

Sure maybe some people are stealing the recipe but it has got to be a very tiny number of people. If there are 50 people with the power/surge enhancement recipe, are you really going to suffer if that number goes to 51?
It's not 10 but 20%. And it's always worth it. Money spent on learning schematic always returns itself.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

SelinaK
12.23.2012 , 07:06 AM | #98
Any guilds recruiting on The Progenitor(UK & EU) that can do this stuff and do raids and things, please send a PM, I'd love to try that side of the game but could never really get into it due to the wall of grind, I actually left the game and came back recently (click my profile and post history) cos I was bored!
[My posts] SGR factsss
Type /cjoin OOC ingame for organising RP (globalchans between servers plees? )
Official RP forum + Events! IC news/gossip Character listing Fiction Art Story/Universe

Genuine
12.23.2012 , 07:16 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Vincit View Post
So what some people are saying is, "I want to make millions off of getting lucky and winning the roll for a schematic, but I don't want anyone else to make millions by PAYING ME millions so they can try to get lucky REing the same thing."

Do the crafters in question really think the people making them rich by spending 30-40 MILLION credits on the 15-20 armorings they buy are wearing them? Of course not. Te folks making them rich are the ones trying to RE the items, Eliminate that market, you make a lot less money.

If this gets "fixed," the next thing we'll hear, from the same people complaining about it, no less, is, "Crafting is dead, the GTN is dying! I can't make a profit anymore!! SWTOR is dooooomed!!!!"
make a lot of sense to my what you type here m8
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

mithrelkhaar
12.23.2012 , 03:45 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by asbalana View Post

So I would like to chime in and let the entitled players and guilds know that I will not be "stealing" their patterns. I could since I have a great deal of credits which were earned the old fashioned way (learning and growing my crafting skills and building a good understanding of the GTN and game economy). I will just wait until levels 51 - 55 are added and then have my green drops be better than their now BIS gear.

No, I am not umadbro, I am amused and find this thread and many of the posters funny.
Hate to break it to ya, but the devs already confirmed BiS gear in current content WILL NOT be replaced by questing gear....so not sure how you will deal with that wrinkle in your plans...