Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hutt cartel level increase

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Hutt cartel level increase

DegreesOfFreedom
12.18.2012 , 01:24 PM | #1
So... with the upcoming increase in level in the upcoming expansion, does that mean that elite war hero will be obsolete by then? Or will the gear stay the same since its technically level 63?

UGLYMRJ
12.18.2012 , 01:28 PM | #2
Here's how I expect to see the new level cap play out...

New Abilities: Putting abilities in the tree makes more sense. And I would bet no more than 2 new abilities per AC. Just easier to manage without further breaking balance and avoiding insane hybrids.

Hybrids: I'm sure the trees will be rearranged as well to avoid OP hybrid specs.

Gear Progression: As soon as it's coming out... I wouldn't be surprised to see no new gear. I mean if you look at PvP gear on lowbies... level 40 gear is well... 40. Level 20 is... 20. At level 50 our gear goes as high as 63... there really is no reason to add new gear. The game can function with the gear progression as is.

While all of this makes sense to me... it won't necessarily stop BW from doing something that won't make sense.

Only time will tell.

yauhen_pt
12.18.2012 , 02:08 PM | #3
10 dollars for new abilities.. hmm..

VasKur
12.18.2012 , 04:20 PM | #4
SWTOR is my first MMO, so sorry if i'll speak about something like noob, because i don't know how it was in different MMO's.
one things i don't want to see is if we'll get lvl 55 with 5 additional points which we can spend in our skill tree. i mean some hybrids are very OP atm and they'll become more OP if they'll get this + 5 points.
maybe we'll get some new abilities, but what will they be? cc, def or offensive ? whether this will lead to an even greater imbalance classes?

jibboo
12.18.2012 , 04:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Hybrids: I'm sure the trees will be rearranged as well to avoid OP hybrid specs.
You're putting an awful lot of faith into the same people that brought us bubble stun.

My guess is the hybrids will be allowed until enough people complain about it, at which point they'll nerf operatives.
Zimbra - Assassin

byteresistor
12.18.2012 , 04:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by VasKur View Post
SWTOR is my first MMO, so sorry if i'll speak about something like noob, because i don't know how it was in different MMO's.
one things i don't want to see is if we'll get lvl 55 with 5 additional points which we can spend in our skill tree. i mean some hybrids are very OP atm and they'll become more OP if they'll get this + 5 points.
maybe we'll get some new abilities, but what will they be? cc, def or offensive ? whether this will lead to an even greater imbalance classes?
Typically in those other MMO's they have also redone/moved already existing talents to lessen the potential to create OP hybrid builds.

dufox
12.18.2012 , 04:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
You're putting an awful lot of faith into the same people that brought us bubble stun.

My guess is the hybrids will be allowed until enough people complain about it, at which point they'll nerf operatives.
this made me laugh
i dont need a sig, im famous *****

UGLYMRJ
12.18.2012 , 04:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post

LOL... good point.