Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kazaganthis
12.18.2012 , 02:23 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To answer the question posed here about purchasing Rise of the Hutt Cartel:

We'd like to clarify that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for purchase through SWTOR.com/buy only, and there won't be an option to purchase it using Cartel Coins.
Nice. Lets nickle and dime subscribers more. Thanks for keeping that whole "subs wont ever pay for content." crap you fed us. Loving how this CONTENT UPDATE is being toted as an expansion by you guys too just because it has a level increase. 1 Planet? What a joke. No character story? Whats the point of even play SW:ToR when the only thing that was decent you guys have thrown away?

Polebreaker
12.18.2012 , 02:33 PM | #42
"Pathetic!"

SumZed
12.18.2012 , 02:35 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazaganthis View Post
Nice. Lets nickle and dime subscribers more. Thanks for keeping that whole "subs wont ever pay for content." crap you fed us. Loving how this CONTENT UPDATE is being toted as an expansion by you guys too just because it has a level increase. 1 Planet? What a joke. No character story? Whats the point of even play SW:ToR when the only thing that was decent you guys have thrown away?
how is 1 planet not enough? and 1 planet that's 5 levels worth of content?

let me remind you that Voss + Corellia BOTH added were for lvl 45-50, and do you have any idea how LARGE those 2 planets are?

1 planet with 5 levels worth of content is MASSIVE in scope, especially POST-50 experience wise (or they can boost the exp gain from each quest by a big multiplier) and with a raise in level cap, logically means adding in new equipments, TONS of quests, and possibly more end-game flashpoints/ops

and this is "Chapter 4", take it how you will but a "chapter" expansion cannot be a small add-in like Section-X or Ilum was... we still don't know yet, how "different" it will be between each class but it'll DEFINITELY be having a good story to last you a while

-IceHawk-
12.18.2012 , 02:36 PM | #44

We'd like to clarify that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for purchase through SWTOR.com/buy only, and there won't be an option to purchase it using Cartel Coins.
Allison, I do not envy you in your job today.

Good Luck.

MillionsKNives
12.18.2012 , 02:41 PM | #45

Is this something we can expect with all expansions moving forward?

And is there a reason why this was chosen when content like section X is available through the Cartel Market? You already have an in-game store and currency for purchasing things for my characters and my account, it only makes sense to have all purchasable content located there. One-stop-shopping for what I need makes things simpler than having some only available from the site and others available in the game store.

The obvious answer that comes to mind would be that it's to make sure subscribers can't purchase the expansion with saved coins. To that I think that firstly, subscribers who have been saving coins is likely a minority. And secondly it would show that your 'appreciation of [our] loyalty'* extends more than just some fluff items.

*"We appreciate your support of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. As a thank you for your loyalty to The Old Republic™, we have granted you.."

Spiritinblack
12.18.2012 , 03:21 PM | #46

I would like to point this out for all the people that said save you CC for content.

Alot of us said that THIS would happen. And it was stated by people that it would'nt.

Get use to this now.
I have been called a hater for voicing my opinion. So be it. But I would rather die on my feet, then live on my knees.

revansowns
12.18.2012 , 03:22 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
Allison, I do not envy you in your job today.

Good Luck.
Lol, was just about to post the same thought. Jeff Hickman and the rest of EA deserve some of the crap we throw at them, but I feel bad for any remaining BW employees and forum moderators.
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

Iggster
12.18.2012 , 03:25 PM | #48

Who else didn't see this coming?

Would EAware seriously let us pay for it with our monthly bonus CC?

Gommas
12.18.2012 , 03:26 PM | #49
So i wont be able to buy it from store close to me ?

Spiritinblack
12.18.2012 , 03:29 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Iggster View Post
Who else didn't see this coming?

Would EAware seriously let us pay for it with our monthly bonus CC?
No they would'nt....

But how many people came running to the defense of Eaware, saying that our cc would be for things like this.

And when some of us voiced our opinion about it, we were told to stop being haters.....
I have been called a hater for voicing my opinion. So be it. But I would rather die on my feet, then live on my knees.