Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Story content in the new expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Story content in the new expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkTrooperV
12.18.2012 , 02:16 PM | #21
Will SGR's be released with Makeb as well?
Click my referral link! http://www.swtor.com/r/2S5MBn

AboB
12.18.2012 , 02:16 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone - I asked Jeff Hickman for some clarification for you on whether Makeb will feature an extension of class stories. Here's the info:

"The intent for Rise of the Hutt Cartel is to continue your character's story, but envisioned as part of the ongoing struggle of the Empire vs. the Republic. There are lots of great moments for you to enjoy, and it will be shared as two clear storylines. No class specific storylines are included, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."

We hope this helps clarify!
I hate it whenever people respond to the CS in a negative/snarky way... guess I'm slipping to the dark side.
However, notice the conspicuous lack of any "...but it's in the works," or "that's definitely something that we are talking about" comments on the class story in that remark.
/sadface

dipstik
12.18.2012 , 02:18 PM | #23
Hi everyone - I asked Jeff Hickman for some clarification for you on whether Makeb will feature an extension of class stories. Here's the info:

"The intent for Rise of the Hutt Cartel is to continue your character's story, but envisioned as part of the ongoing struggle of the Empire vs. the Republic. There are lots of great moments for you to enjoy, and it will be shared as two clear storylines. No class specific storylines are included, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."

I would have much rather hickman say that BW has plans for continuing all of the storylines... but i will take ommision as a statement of neglect for what I consider to be the most important aspect of this game... BW storytelling specific to the character being role played

minty
12.18.2012 , 02:26 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
I hate it whenever people respond to the CS in a negative/snarky way... guess I'm slipping to the dark side.
However, notice the conspicuous lack of any "...but it's in the works," or "that's definitely something that we are talking about" comments on the class story in that remark.
/sadface
i do hope they are working on new class story content as for me that what sets this mmo apart for me. i like all the endgame stuff as much as the next guy but that not something that other mmo's do just as well, its the class story's that keep me subed to Swtor, so i can level alts and play there story's.
"I heal, YOUR FACE!!"

Mawduce
12.18.2012 , 02:29 PM | #25

it does clarify and its not what i wanted, my money will now go elsewhere, thank you
I was made to fly, and you were made to die...

Revanchis
12.18.2012 , 02:30 PM | #26
I'm wondering if Rise of the Hutt Cartel will finally come with SGRs. It's been close to a year and we're still without them.

-IceHawk-
12.18.2012 , 02:32 PM | #27
Personally, I love this game, will continue to support it, and hope it becomes a long-term fixture of my entertainment time.

However, I am open to persuasion.

The Life Day "Event" was an anti-canonical Christmas Cash-Grab in the Cartel Shop.
The expansion of Space Missions carried a Trial Balloon for Purchasable End-Game Gear.

Now, Makeb is confirmed to be a Planetary Quest Line, not a continuation of our individual class stories.

It is a large Content Patch, nothing more.

Except this one is not even available for purchase with Cartel Coins.
I will need to pay an additional $9.99 if I want to play this (singular, you will notice) story line.

Bioware, you are attempting to scaffold our transition to a full Pay-To-Play & Pay-To-Win model that will extract extra cash from your subscription base.

We notice.

Whoever is in charge of your PR-department needs to be fired.

This Makeb announcement may actually cause Sub-losses.

A serious Bug Fix and Class Balance Patch better hit the Servers soon, or else I see this exploding in your face.

For my part, even as a subscriber I am required to pay additional money if I want to play this.

However, you made the announcement with almost no actual information about the content itself.

Yeah, not paying for this until I know it will be worth my time.

uziforyou
12.18.2012 , 02:33 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
To be fair, we were also told Makeb would be released THIS year...
See the guys post above yours. That was before the major shakeup at Bioware including F2P. Things change, this should not be a surprise.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

TUXs
12.18.2012 , 02:34 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
To be fair, not really....
Yeah, really. http://www.gamerzines.com/mmo/trial-...-republic.html
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Arlon_Nabarlly
12.18.2012 , 02:37 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
The E3 video says the vague "this year" the article not produced by EA/Bioware says 2012.