Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kolto Overload needs an immediate nerf!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Kolto Overload needs an immediate nerf!!!

UGLYMRJ
12.18.2012 , 01:06 PM | #1
Every time a PT is near death they pop kolto overload and it's like god mode. They just can't be killed.

The huge burst of healing accompanied by the HOT heals for like 12 seconds? Are you kidding me? How did they even consider putting this in game? On top of PT's damage they've been given a pure god mode every minute and a half or so. Clearly Kolto Overload is the reason that there are so many FOTM PT's... it simply can't be stopped or countered.

GG Bioware.

No... just kidding.

I'm bored at work and thought I'd make fun of the most useless ability in the game.

Can anyone think of an ability more useless than Kolto Overload?

Retaliation?

Unload?

Technohic
12.18.2012 , 01:09 PM | #2
I see you post here all the time, so I was taking you at your word at first and thinking "I must be doing it wrong." lol

UGLYMRJ
12.18.2012 , 01:11 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I see you post here all the time, so I was taking you at your word at first and thinking "I must be doing it wrong." lol
HAHAHAHAHA! That's kinda the reaction I was hoping for. I would like to think I'm somewhat sensible and I have never created a nerf thread so I thought it might get some attention simply for that reason.

Really... just bored.

We actually joke about KO constantly in guild.

For example: "Man... that guy almost had me... good thing I had kolto overload off cooldown"

abokado
12.18.2012 , 01:13 PM | #4
Good to see I'm not the only one thinking that Retaliation is crap.

UGLYMRJ
12.18.2012 , 01:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by abokado View Post
Good to see I'm not the only one thinking that Retaliation is crap.
I don't see it being useful enough to spec into with a jug tank tree and the only other use could be for ataru form procs but it's really easy to get the proc that comes with consecutive hits already.

I haven't had it key bound for quite some time.

Glower
12.18.2012 , 01:22 PM | #6
so.... nerf operatives?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg; Dec 2016, livestream: "RNG is exciting"
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

UGLYMRJ
12.18.2012 , 01:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
so.... nerf operatives?
Precisely!

af_raptura
12.18.2012 , 01:24 PM | #8
The one thing that always bugged me was that why such a weak cooldown was on such a long timer. 3 mins that can be reduced through damage in pyro tree or 2 mins flat in the shield tech tree. It just doesn't make any sense. Especially when compared to say force shroud, which is on a 1 min timer and can be reduced through skill points and is much stronger.
PvE theorycrafting has really loosened their standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by karlwaite View Post
As for the skill changes to benefit pvp likes of the fly by damage reduction they suffered and reducing focused defence by 200% is a joke they are affecting pve to benefit pvp.

UGLYMRJ
12.18.2012 , 01:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by af_raptura View Post
The one thing that always bugged me was that why such a weak cooldown was on such a long timer. 3 mins that can be reduced through damage in pyro tree or 2 mins flat in the shield tech tree. It just doesn't make any sense. Especially when compared to say force shroud, which is on a 1 min timer and can be reduced through skill points and is much stronger.
Even though I see your point... PT's are in a good place right now and don't really need any love. Whether they gave it a 30 second CD or removed it completely... I don't think I'd notice either way.

cashogy
12.18.2012 , 01:28 PM | #10
at first i was

then i was

but then i was
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads