Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Terror from Beyond HM broken after Patch

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Thoffs's Avatar


Thoffs
12.18.2012 , 07:32 AM | #11
Nothing in the December 18th patch notes about this.........hmmmmmm.......

metaIsaber's Avatar


metaIsaber
12.18.2012 , 08:09 AM | #12
maybe working as intended. /shrug

TooGreat's Avatar


TooGreat
12.18.2012 , 10:45 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by metaIsaber View Post
maybe working as intended. /shrug
I cant imagine it is working as intended since the irregularity phase is an intended phase. Why would there be a 30 second window of nothing?

The worst part is a bunch of non deserving people will now get the gear. Glad we at least beat it when it was actually difficult.

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
12.18.2012 , 11:12 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TooGreat View Post
The worst part is a bunch of non deserving people will now get the gear. Glad we at least beat it when it was actually difficult.
Between mod ripping and buying from crafters, I see this as a non-issue. But you are completely correct that clearing the Operation before the bug is a much greater achievement.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
12.18.2012 , 11:16 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Between mod ripping and buying from crafters, I see this as a non-issue. But you are completely correct that clearing the Operation before the bug is a much greater achievement.
"Much greater achievement"? TFB HM wasn't even hard the first week it came out. Guilds had it on farm Week 1. NiM EC is a tougher challenge to clear.

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
12.18.2012 , 12:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
"Much greater achievement"? TFB HM wasn't even hard the first week it came out. Guilds had it on farm Week 1. NiM EC is a tougher challenge to clear.
Mature players who excel at PvE approach the rest of the player base with a sense of humility because they have nothing to prove. Then there's you.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
12.18.2012 , 01:04 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Mature players who excel at PvE approach the rest of the player base with a sense of humility because they have nothing to prove. Then there's you.
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
But you are completely correct that clearing the Operation before the bug is a much greater achievement.
Why say there's nothing to prove and then say that clearing it before the bug was a much greater achievement? Sounds like you were the one who had something to prove by saying that pre-bug was "much greater achievement."

My guild could care less. We don't feel the need to flex in front of others and say how awesome it is that we did it at the "much greater achievement" level. My point is that you're raising up the "pre-bug" clearing as something greater than it really is.

I wasn't telling you that we cleared it the first week so that you should worship me or my guild. I was telling you that so that you can stop making the distinction of pre and post bug. The only real challenge to that fight is the 15% to 3% where nothing has changed pre and post bug.

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
12.18.2012 , 01:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Why say there's nothing to prove and then say that clearing it before the bug was a much greater achievement? Sounds like you were the one who had something to prove by saying that pre-bug was "much greater achievement."

My guild could care less. We don't feel the need to flex in front of others and say how awesome it is that we did it at the "much greater achievement" level. My point is that you're raising up the "pre-bug" clearing as something greater than it really is.

I wasn't telling you that we cleared it the first week so that you should worship me or my guild. I was telling you that so that you can stop making the distinction of pre and post bug. The only real challenge to that fight is the 15% to 3% where nothing has changed pre and post bug.
Presume much? I never said I'd cleared it pre-bugs. In fact we were struggling with it. We cleared it with the bugs, and now I think we will probably get it once it is fixed.

The point is that you assume everyone should feel as challenged by the content as you do. Sorry we are not all as pro as you. The guy I responded to above was annoyed that people were going to clear the content with the bugs and get the gear. My response was to not worry about the gear and be more concerned with your own achievements. There are plenty of players whose skill level puts them in a place to clear the content as it is now but who might struggle without the bugs.

But all of that went sailing over your elitist head

Edit: And, yeah, when we finally clear it bug free, I'll feel pretty good about the accomplishment. (Otherwise, why play?) But I won't look down on people who can't do it or claim it's easy just because I can do it. We are obviously very different types of players.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

AmberGreen's Avatar


AmberGreen
12.18.2012 , 02:41 PM | #19 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi folks! We're aware of issues with some NPCs not spawning as intended in Terror From Beyond, and we've listed these and a few others on the Known Issues. There's a fix in the works that will be deployed in a patch after the first of the year. Thanks for your understanding.
Amber Green | Live Services Specialist
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
12.18.2012 , 04:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Presume much? I never said I'd cleared it pre-bugs. In fact we were struggling with it. We cleared it with the bugs, and now I think we will probably get it once it is fixed.

The point is that you assume everyone should feel as challenged by the content as you do. Sorry we are not all as pro as you. The guy I responded to above was annoyed that people were going to clear the content with the bugs and get the gear. My response was to not worry about the gear and be more concerned with your own achievements. There are plenty of players whose skill level puts them in a place to clear the content as it is now but who might struggle without the bugs.

But all of that went sailing over your elitist head

Edit: And, yeah, when we finally clear it bug free, I'll feel pretty good about the accomplishment. (Otherwise, why play?) But I won't look down on people who can't do it or claim it's easy just because I can do it. We are obviously very different types of players.
Sorry, I don't look down on those who haven't cleared it. Now who's presuming?

There's just no reason to make the distinction of it being a greater achievement pre-bug. That's the only real point I was making. Okay, sure, I feel it's pretty easy so I don't think anyone who should go, "Oh yeah, I'm better than you because I got it pre-bug."

So, no, I don't think it's a much greater achievement pre-bug. You seem to think so. So I'm not sure who's the elitist one here...