Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
12.18.2012 , 12:12 PM | #4141
So now the guessing and hoping begins.

At least, it's not that far in the future, so I'm sure stuff will leak over time.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
12.18.2012 , 12:19 PM | #4142
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
So now the guessing and hoping begins.

At least, it's not that far in the future, so I'm sure stuff will leak over time.
More than likely they'll be bigging up Makeb's content in order to sell it to people (both current players and those on a break), I expect more solid information in February, but they could start giving little tidbits after Boxing Day/New Year's Day.

JediMB's Avatar


JediMB
12.18.2012 , 12:37 PM | #4143
Well, I'm a sucker... so I just went ahead and pre-ordered the new chapter.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers and waiting for an SGRA confirmation.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Revanchis's Avatar


Revanchis
12.18.2012 , 12:46 PM | #4144
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
Well, I'm a sucker... so I just went ahead and pre-ordered the new chapter.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers and waiting for an SGRA confirmation.
You may be waiting for a while.


It looks like another thread has sprung up from the aether of public consciousness. It's good that it's bringing some attention to people though.

fabiyun's Avatar


fabiyun
12.18.2012 , 01:00 PM | #4145
And still no mention of SGRs. Certainly not going to pre-order, and also not extending my sub.

If SGRs were in this expansion, then I don't see why they couldn't say so. I see no reason to fool myself into believing that it will be in there but they're simply not telling.

Too bad. I guess this also means we won't be seeing SGRs for quite a while.
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
12.18.2012 , 01:10 PM | #4146
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
It looks like another thread has sprung up from the aether of public consciousness. It's good that it's bringing some attention to people though.
I know we shouldn't be hiding in the Story and Lore board, but by Cthulhu I hate every single SGRA thread that pops up in General Discussion. It's as if because we're no longer sitting in the corner, all the antis suddenly have the "right" to ***** and moan about how their content is so much more important and how they're not homophobic honest they just don't think non-heteros should ever be represented in a game.

Quote: Originally Posted by fabiyun View Post
Too bad. I guess this also means we won't be seeing SGRs for quite a while.
Well, BW:Austin aren't exactly the inclusive Bioware we thought they were, so no, it's possible that Makeb won't have SGRA's and they'll be pushed back for "quality issues".

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
12.18.2012 , 01:24 PM | #4147
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I know we shouldn't be hiding in the Story and Lore board, but by Cthulhu I hate every single SGRA thread that pops up in General Discussion. It's as if because we're no longer sitting in the corner, all the antis suddenly have the "right" to ***** and moan about how their content is so much more important and how they're not homophobic honest they just don't think non-heteros should ever be represented in a game.
I'm over there, 'fighting the fight' again. But it's getting increasingly boring always having to argue with the same three anti-peeps over there who clearly have issues.

Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
Well, I'm a sucker... so I just went ahead and pre-ordered the new chapter.
Now I'm just crossing my fingers and waiting for an SGRA confirmation.
I pre-ordered too. Still gonna unsub if SGRAs are not in. I'm not that easy to get, BW.

VelvetSanity's Avatar


VelvetSanity
12.18.2012 , 01:28 PM | #4148
Keep in mind that they've announced *very* little regarding the expansion so far. Also, regardless of whether you get the expansion or not, the content of it will be downloaded as an update, you just won't be able to access it. Now, that doesn't mean they won't include things that everyone *can* access regardless of whether they buy it. On the contrary, actually. Updates that include expansion content generally also includes bugfixes.

So, if you consider that, there *is* a chance that SGRs will be included in the update, but available to all. We'll simply have to wait and see. (Keep in mind that if that's the case, they might not announce the SGRs as being part of the expansion, but they'll probably be listed in patch notes instead)

As for a bit of personal speculation regarding the expansion: I'm guessing Cathar and possibly SGRs will be part of the update, with Cathar as expansion content and (hopefully) SGRs as part of regular content patching.

MoogleNut's Avatar


MoogleNut
12.18.2012 , 01:37 PM | #4149
Huh, I've never seen that happen before - instead of just closing the new thread in general, the mods merged it with Uluain's, hmm.

Anyhoo, back on topic, while it's tempting to pre-order Makeb now, I really don't want to give them my money if SGRAs are going to be part of the paid content - if ever there was a time to give us some info, it's now.

DarkTrooperV's Avatar


DarkTrooperV
12.18.2012 , 02:18 PM | #4150
So I decided to ask the question in this post:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=1#post5600158

I expect to get flamed. But...eh...like that's different from any other time we've asked the question right?
The Joker: They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.